Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Help with a book - harpy?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) I thought I read an Underworld book in which the heroine was a harpy, and now I can't find it. Am I thinking of the wrong series? It was not that long ago, but it was the last of the series I read, and I wanted to reread it before continuing. It's making me crazy, I keep looking and can't find it. Thanks.

message 2: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Gwen is a harpy in The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter in the Lords of the Underworld series. The next book in the series is The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter .

message 3: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) Thank you = I am getting confused. What is her Lords name?

message 4: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments You're welcome. Sabin and he is the keeper of Doubt.

message 5: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) I must have book Alzheimers. I was so sure that it was not Sabin, I never looked inside the book to be sure. My fault! Rereading that, to go to the next one. I'm so behind on this series, I feel like. Thank you for the help.

message 6: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 55 comments There was also a short story in Heart of Darkness with Bianka the Harpy and Lysander the Angel. This one came in between Sabin's book and Aeron's.

Yes, I am a crazy LOTU lady!

message 7: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) Karen: Heart of Darkness - is that an anthology? I do love the LOTU, and I am so behind on reading them. Shame on me. I am also behind on Lara Adrian (have to read Shades of Midnight).

message 8: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 55 comments Lucy wrote: "Karen: Heart of Darkness - is that an anthology? I do love the LOTU, and I am so behind on reading them. Shame on me. I am also behind on Lara Adrian (have to read Shades of Midnight)."

Hi Lucy - Yes, Heart of Darkness is an anthology but I have to admit that I only read the LOTU story in it. I'm not the biggest fan of short stories but I liked this one and there is some set up for Aeron/Oliva in it. Ooh, I loved Shades of Midnight. I think it was my favorite of that series.

message 9: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) I am guilty of having Shades sitting here forever, but I bought it as a BOOK, and not for my reader, so was being snobby and not reading it. Now I realize - I have to catch up!

Do I need to read Heart before I start Aeron/Olivia? I just bought Passion.

message 10: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 55 comments I wouldn't say you have to read it first. You get some of Olivia's perspective on watching Aeron and her relationship with Lysander (her mentor) but I don't think it's anything that isn't explained in Passion.

At some point it's probably worth reading the story for the Paris oil wrestling scene if nothing else. It's quite amusing. :)

message 11: by Ro (new)

Ro (rooc) Paris oil wrestling? I think I have to read that. Maybe, now.