Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Themes > Busted! Caught in the Act!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9736 comments Mod
What are some romance books where the couple gets caught 'doing it' or making out, and have to face some consequences, whether it's marriage, humiliation, etc?

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) In the book I'm reading now Safe Surrender by Kristin Daniels they get caught in the act by the hero's partner but I wouldn't say that there were any bad consequences.. lol

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments One I just read recently, A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey ... it takes longer than usual in a romance for the two to realize that this marriage can work.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hmm, that sounds more like a voyeur/exhibition kind of thing, Danielle. That's another thread. :)

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

To Love A Princess (Kasanov, # 1) by Patricia Grasso They get caught by her gun-toting cousins while they are actually doing the deed. Hero is forced to marry heroine.

Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers Trilogy, #2) by Pamela Clare Get caught necking (third base). Forced to marry.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Both get caught necking/kissing:

Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
Tempt Me at Twilight (The Hathaways, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (Smiley1881) Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Hmm, that sounds more like a voyeur/exhibition kind of thing, Danielle. That's another thread. :)"

I think your right...LOL

message 8: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Aug 26, 2010 12:15AM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) A Duke of Her Own (Rogues and Roses, #1) by Lorraine Heath - get caught 'doing it' in the library and have to marry.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Carol, I have that book at home. Will have to pull it out, soon.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Meet Me at Midnight (With This Ring, #2) by Suzanne Enoch
Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Carol, I have that book at home. Will have to pull it out, soon."

Danielle, it's a good book. Lorraine Heath is one of my favourite authors.

message 12: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Aug 26, 2010 07:35AM) (new)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Would being snooped upon by a voyeuristic ghost count? That happened in
Hot Nights, Dark Desires by Eden Bradley
The consequences were that the spirit nearly ruined the relationship.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hmm. I'm not sure, Mollie. If the ghost was an authority figure or could lead to the couple getting in trouble, or a shotgun wedding, maybe.

message 14: by Mollie *scoutrmom* (last edited Aug 26, 2010 06:48PM) (new)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments I just read Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas where the heroine and her friends are scheming to get her compromised so she can snag a fiscally solvent noble husband. It's humorous and wonderful that the plan backfires, and she ends up forced to marry a much wealthier man.

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I love that book, Mollie. Simon is soooooo dreamy! My #2 favorite Lisa Kleypas hero.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I love that book, Mollie. Simon is soooooo dreamy! My #2 favorite Lisa Kleypas hero."

I wouldn't call him dreamy, to me, that implies softness somewhere. I'd call him hot, steamy, maddening, dangerously attractive, but not dreamy. As this is my first Lisa Kleypas read, he's my #1 favorite LK hero for now.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Use the adjective of your choice. Dreamy works for me, because he's a man of my dreams! :)

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments Too many for me to list. LOL!

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Use the adjective of your choice. Dreamy works for me, because he's a man of my dreams! :)"

"like"

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

LOL, Debbie. :)

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 203 comments LOL, I like this thread. I read one by Susan Johnson but I can't remember which one it was. I know they were caught in bed by the heroines brother and father and they put a shot gun to his head so they literally had to have a "shot gun" wedding.. :)

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I love the forced relationship/marriage angle.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments How could I have forgotten that some of the career of Johanna Lindsey was built on shotgun weddings?
Love Only Once (Malory Family, #1) by Johanna Lindsey Gentle Rogue (Malory Family, #3) by Johanna Lindsey Angel (Wyoming, #3) by Johanna Lindsey A Gentle Feuding by Johanna Lindsey

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Me too, Debbie.

Mollie, you are so right. :)

Also

Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1) by Johanna Lindsey