The Hunger Games Roleplay discussion

Book Discussion > MOCKINGJAY!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by === (new)

=== | 65 comments read the last page and i cried and the middle of lunch, peeta gets together with Katniss and i think Gale dies....i hate Peeta, and im now tempted to not read the rest of the book

message 2: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1236 comments lSJDNGKJ;AENGHK;JENRHJKERNHLJNEKYJO;ERGL;AERJG;LAERJ GO;EARJOI;AEJRG;EJG;ELJH;EJG;EJ ;JEROG;EJRG;LE JRG;EKJR GO;EJRG;EJR;ERJ G;AEKJRG;OAEJ

IT. WAS. SO. INTENSE.

Does this count as spam? ._.

message 3: by Swiftfire, I wanna be... a Starship Ranger! (new)

Swiftfire | 2173 comments Mod
*closes eyes*

GUYS CAN I LOOK AT THIS TOPIC OR ARE THERE SPOILERS???

message 4: by Swiftfire, I wanna be... a Starship Ranger! (new)

NOT LOOKINGGG!!!!

message 5: by Swiftfire, I wanna be... a Starship Ranger! (last edited Aug 26, 2010 07:09PM) (new)

Mreow.

Darn. I "accidentally" read part of it. Now I wish I hadn't. I HATE YOU, JENN.

message 6: by Swiftfire, I wanna be... a Starship Ranger! (new)

XD Nice.

message 7: by Swiftfire, I wanna be... a Starship Ranger! (new)

Oops.

GO ON TALKING ABOUT MOCKINGJAY AND MAKING ME UBER JEALOUS, PEOPLE!

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments I know, I actually cried. Then Gale became like one of my least favorite people through the whole book, and he didn't even try to help Katniss when she was being taken away by guards.

Favorite part of the whole book was when Finnick ripped his medical gown off and asked if that was distracting.

message 9: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments OMG I loved that!
I was yelling at the book and my sister has a friend over and they thought I was insain...

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments lol, I yelled and cried at the book a lot. Thank god I didn't in the middle of the night.

message 11: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments Oh...I didnt. Although my family is used to me yelling at books by now...or at least my dad and older sister are.

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments Well that's good.

message 13: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments I am really happy Peeta and Katniss ended up together! I have loved Peeta since the first book and when I read the last pages I was squealing and spazzing out like crazy. I can't believe Finnick died though. I really wish she would have wrote that part differently. Like he still could have died but have th others show a little emotions at it. I was so happy when Finnick and Annie got married though!and then when Annie had the child. I really like Mockingjay but I think the best in the series was Catching Fire. also I thought Gale was a bit weird in this one. I don't know how but his charictar changed a bit. Though I loved the new Katniss. She wasn't quite so bratty.

message 14: by Treyson (new)

Treyson (treysonlyon) | 2 comments Why did Peeta have to go crazy? Why did Prim have to die? Why did Finnick have to die?Why why why????????

message 15: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments I'm happy for Peeta and Katniss, but I am still team Gale. (ALWAYS!!!) I still think that she should have gone into more detail about what happend between Katniss and Gale; I mean, they were hunting partners until the end. Oh and am I the only one who noticed the Gale stopped calling Katniss, Katnip?

message 16: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments That is so true I didn't think about that! I was kind of disappointed with how the book turned out. it was good but there were way to many what ifs. also it was kind of left hanging about with what happened with Gale and Katniss's mom.

message 17: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments Well, Katniss's mom started a hospital in District 4, because she couldn't handle living in District 12 anymore, but I have way too many questions about Gale; mostly are Katniss and Gale still friends. I'm very indifferent about this book.

message 18: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments I think that Gale and Katniss had too much of a brother/ sister relationship that they wouldn't have worked well together. I am totally Team Peeta. I think Gale will find someone in District 2.

message 19: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments I agree. I don't think Katniss truly knows what she wants. She loves Peeta but it might just be because it was forced on her to love him.

message 20: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Lunabell  (lunabell) | 1682 comments Mod
I think the book ended to suddenly and quickly, like the author was trying to tie up loose ends in less than five pages. I think this book could've easily been stretched over two books. It was almost too fast-paced. And I agree abut the lack of mourning over Finnick. Its like oh, this person died. Oops, someone too. LETS GO!
The only person she really seemed sad over was Prim. I almost cried when she was wailing and stuff. But that was still only one page.

I WISH THAT GALE HADN'T LEFT. It wasn't right for them to just END their YEARS LONG friendship. Its like COME ON SUZANNE COLLINS! Okay, Peeta and Katniss fine, but getting rid of Gale? SERIOUSLY.

I think she should write another book from her daughter's perspective though, about the future of Panem and etc.

message 21: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Response to everything:

MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a sound of complaint.

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments I think she didnt write much morning because if think about it, the suddon death would be a pretty big shock, and sometimes people dont quite know how to react.

I hate that we dont know what happened to Gale though! I mean great and all for Katniss and Peeta, but I wanted him to come back like in the epilog or something

message 23: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Yeah.

message 24: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments That I agree on. I mean you dont even get a dramatic sentence. Like "I pulled Peeta and whoever the other guy was but there was no one else. No this person, no that person. No Finnick."

message 25: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments Kinda like in The Wizard of OZ "I just killed a woman and now a witch wants me dead. Oh, well, follow the yellow brick road!"

message 26: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments Oh, Nessa, Oh Nessa I have a confess-a reason why I brought you here tonight!

Anyways...

message 27: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

It's because I'm in this chaaair and you felt sorry for meeeee. Isn't that right?

message 28: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments No, its because, because, YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!

message 29: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Oh Boq,I think you're wonderful!

message 30: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments And we deserve eachother!

message 31: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments Ok, I have to agree that Katniss didn't care after people were dead, and that she's not 100% in love with Peeta. Oh, and before this turns into a 'the only reason your saying that is because your Team Gale.' thing; I don't hate Peeta I just prefer Gale. To be honest I think that even Suzanne Collins couldn't choose between Gale and Peeta, but she figured that Peeta was more likely the one to go back to District 12, over Gale; then again Gale watch Katniss kiss Peeta in person, not on a screen.

message 32: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments I dont really know who I liked better. Im glad KAtniss ended up with one of them though.

message 33: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 334 comments I love Gale much more, still.

Just finished reading this book.

message 34: by Nightshade (last edited Aug 30, 2010 09:59PM) (new)

Nightshade | 1236 comments Erg. The ending kinda irked me. I mean, it had a nice sense of closure, but I felt like she left too many loose ends hanging. I hate to relate this back to Avatar, but its finale is honestly a really good example of a great ending: It has a sense of being the end of a series, ties up the major plotline, but still leaves a few things open for people to speculate (heh) about. For Mockingjay... it did seem like the end, but it sorta seemed like she was working on a deadline and had to rush and finish it up in like eight pages or less.

Gale: Finnick died.
Katniss: Dang, I was starting to like him. Whatever, let's go kill the president now.
Gale: Okay!
Peeta: NO WAIT I'M DANGEROUS FOR YOUUUUU.
Katniss: Shut up while I kill the president.
Peeta: Okay.
Parachutes: *BOOM*
Katniss: *some really, really depressing mourning over Prim's death, which definitely made me cry*

FOUR PAGES LATER!

Katniss: Yay, they're letting us go back to District 12!
Gale: Cool! But I'm not going back, even though I was the one character that was the most district-loyal in the other two books.
Katniss: Aw, shucks.
Gale: Instead, I shall run off to District Two, the place that we used to think was the root of evil because it's a Career district (which is totally stupid) and now I'm just going to abandon my home and my ENTIRE FAMILY, who used to be the reason I still got up in the morning, so I can hold a spiffy job!
Katniss: Okay!
Katniss' Mom: I actually have a legitimate reason to help people, so I'm leaving!
Katniss: Okay!
Peeta: Hey, Gale's not here? LET'S GET MARRIED.
Katniss: Er... uh... okay, I guess, since Gale's gone.

TWO PAGES LATER!

Peeta: LET'S HAVE BABIES.
Katniss: Um... I don't really want kids, but since no one else is in love with me, whatever.
Peeta: YAAAAYYYYY.

message 35: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1236 comments Okay, just realized that I sound like I hated the ending of Mockingjay.

I swear I didn't! I actually really, really enjoyed the book. But at the same time, the ending just sorta... fell flat.

I think it was mostly the epilogue that got me. If the author had left out the epilogue, I think the book might've ended a little more smoothly. With the epilogue in, though, it seems like Katniss only married Peeta because she pities him... which is probably partially true.

message 36: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments Lol. Loved your endding, but your completely right; if she has left the epilogue out it would have been better.

message 37: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments I liked the epilogue. but it did leave things hanging. I think that she should have pushed back the release date in order to better prefect the book.

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments Even if it ment another month of agonizing wait.

message 39: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 334 comments I really hate the loose ends with Gale. It made me mad, because he was the most awesome character in the series. Him and Finnick, and she kills Finnick, and then it's like no one ever cares about the fact he's dead.

message 40: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments lol. I know, I hated the fact that they killed Finnick and she didn't even care; then Gale it was just "You were my best friend since I was 12, but I don't really care that I'll never see you again." Plus he left without saying good-bye, and nobody cared that Finnick just got married and that he had a new born baby, and then died.

message 41: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments When I read about the baby I did the awwwwww thing. It was sad :(

message 42: by Kriss (new)

Kriss (krisslee) | 334 comments I think Gale had a right to leave, at least. Katniss totally used him throughout the books. I still dislike Peeta. He irks me endlessly.

message 43: by Paige (new)

Paige Ohmigod I'm getting my copy in an hour or two! *Blows noisemaker* WOOOO!

message 44: by Skyliare (new)

Skyliare (team-peeta) | 12 comments When I read that Finnick had a baby I wanted to cry! though now that I think of it it was kind of useless to add. because it didn't do anything for the plot.

message 45: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Nightshade wrote: "Erg. The ending kinda irked me. I mean, it had a nice sense of closure, but I felt like she left too many loose ends hanging. I hate to relate this back to Avatar, but its finale is honestly a real..."

I love your post.

message 46: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1236 comments Skyliare wrote: "When I read that Finnick had a baby I wanted to cry! though now that I think of it it was kind of useless to add. because it didn't do anything for the plot."

I aww'ed SO MUCH during Mockingjay. XD

But I think it added a bit of weight to the fact that he died. I think that what she was trying to do was give his death a little more attention, since Katniss was so jerky indifferent to it.

message 47: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

To tell the truth, I understand how Katniss didn't mourn him at first. It's called shock and being really really busy. Trust me, it happens.
What I don't get is her lack of deep depression for Finnick later. Maybe it was because her mind was preoccupied with Prim?

message 48: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 328 comments Yeah, but she didn't really care about Prim either.

message 49: by Lunabell , Meep. This is my title. It is clever and funny. (new)

Did you miss the whole Katniss/Buttercup scene???

message 50: by Erica (new)

Erica (THPPJfan) | 738 comments I awwwed there too...
I dont cry when I read, so I awww, or come very very close, and then ruin the moment with my fristration of not being able to cry at really depressing things.

« previous 1