BOOK-A-HOLICS discussion

Authors Corner > Author Advertisements

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Wes, Moderator (new)

Wes (pricerightbooks) | 473 comments Mod
If you are an author and want to advertise your book or giveaway then you must do it here.
If it is posted as spam on the main page it will be deleted.
Thanks,
Wes

message 2: by J.C. (new)

J.C. (thenovelguy) | 1 comments Wes wrote: "If you are an author and want to advertise your book or giveaway then you must do it here.
If it is posted as spam on the main page it will be deleted.
Thanks,
Wes"

Hi All,

There's a giveaway on that's over Oct 7, 2010.
If you're a fan of the original Divine Comedy or fantasy, you may like this take on it.

This giveaway includes a gift.

Here's the link:
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

Happy Reading,
john...
Dante's Journey by JC Marino

message 3: by Myne (new)

Myne Whitman | 5 comments I'll be signing my book A Heart to Mend at the Greater Seattle RWA Book Fair..

The Book Fair: The book fair will be held on Saturday, October 2 from 4-6pm in the main ballroom of the Bellevue Hilton. The Hilton is located at 300 112TH Ave SE, Bellevue (425-455-1300). Parking at the hotel is free. The book fair is open to the public so please invite friends, neighbors, co-workers and family.

About Me: Myne Whitman is a pen name. I have lived in Nigeria and the UK and now live with my husband in Bellevue, Washington. I write full time and also volunteer as an ESL tutor for Hopelink, a local charity. I am the managing editor of Naija Stories, a critique website for Nigerian writers. I belong to the Seattle Eastside Writers Meetup and the Pacific Northwest Writer's association. A Heart to Mend is my first novel and I am currently working on another romantic suspense novel to be released in 2011.

My Book: A Heart to Mend narrates a love story and a journey of self-discovery. Newly graduated Gladys moves to Lagos and a new job gradually transitions her into an independent young woman. When she meets Edward, a wealthy businessman, she is cynical of his advances but falls in love with him. Edward is physically attracted to Gladys but is not ready to give his heart. He is haunted by the past of his illegitimate birth and other secrets. Just as he starts to open up, Gladys finds herself embroiled in a plot to take over his business empire. Their happiness is in jeopardy and Gladys has to find a way to prove her innocence. Will Edward trust her enough to give love a chance?

See you there!

message 4: by Destiny (last edited Nov 01, 2010 09:38AM) (new)

Destiny (destinybooze) | 1 comments THE CURSE OF A MIND by Destiny Booze is available now! I'm so excited about this one!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/96...

They can't win. The perpetrator is using a marvel in the medical field known as techlepathy, a combination of technology and telepathy to produce a telepathic result. He's reading their minds. How can they possibly get away when he knows their every move?

Chris Chambers is a private investigator with great instincts and a shady past. She works with a skilled team on cases that most P.I.'s won't touch. She's hardened to life, hardened to people and as tough as the military trained her to be.

Her team's newest case is a construction worker by the name of Aidan Wolfe. Aidan is hardheaded and successful, a man with no friends and a long list of enemies. Someone is trying to kill him, someone with extraordinary gifts.

The investigative team and Aidan will be confronted with their worst enemies-themselves. They are cursed to face their own thoughts, inner fears, prejudices, and every private feeling or emotion they have as this man toys with their minds and hearts. Can they survive? By the end, will they want to?

message 5: by Cliff (last edited Nov 01, 2010 09:41AM) (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 13 comments Here's my newest novel, Shattered Earth

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again once Earth is done with their revenge.

These Terrans involve themselves throughout human history. Some play as King Arthur and Merlin. Another is a scientist, whose name is Galileo, and he gets into all sorts of trouble for challenging official orthodoxy about the sun, the Earth, and which one is revolving around the other. Then, we have Amelia Earhart, who has a very valid reason for disappearing. When an alien spaceship gets shot down over Roswell in 1947, President Truman orders the creation of Area 51, Project Blue Book and Sign, and has the United States embark on a plan that will culminate 60 years in the future. Nothing will ever be the same again when the United States gets involved in interstellar politics. But, the whole plan backfires when Earth ends up the worse for wear over it. Other species find out what Earth did, since no one else was bold enough to even try, so they want to help bring down the Ragnor once and for all. The new President of the United States imagines a galactic federation or a republic, but, none of the other species wants anything to do with it. Once they destroy the Ragnor’s technology, they leave the Ragnor to ponder why all the other species hated them enough to attack them. Will the galaxy remain at peace?

Available in e-book form only on Kindle, Smashwords, and Nook.

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Leavitt (carolineleavitt) | 4 comments I just posted the first chapter of my novel Pictures of You on my page. It's coming out from Algonquin at the end of January and so far, the advance reviews have been raves. Hope you will check it out!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 9 comments For one day only you can go and get Vampyre Kisses for 50% off on Smashwords! That means it can come in Kindle, Epub, PDF, and many other forms!

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Coupon Code - UV56D

Happy Reading!

Liz ^_^

message 8: by C.J. (new)

C.J. (cjwest) | 2 comments Happy Holidays Everyone.

I'm giving away THE END OF MARKING TIME to anyone who asks. The book is available in .mobi, .pdf, .epub and .lrf. You are free to share (forward) the file as often as you like.

The book is a modern 1984 meets Prison Break. Amazon & Goodreads reviews have been very positive.

To get your copy, email me at authors@22wb.com. Please specify your format.

Merry Christmas,

CJ
http://www.amazon.com/End-Marking-Tim...

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 9 comments Please take a look at my book Vampyre Kisses. It is on amazon.com, B&N and available as a ebook on smashwords.com

Also in need of readers and bloggers for reviews! Email me if you are interested. elizabeth_kolodziej at vampyrekisses dot com

more info on my blog www.vampyrekisses.com Vampyre Kisses by Elizabeth J. Kolodziej

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 9 comments Hello everyone.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and got some amazing gifts! In honor of the holidays I will be offering a 50% coupon for Vampyre Kisses on Smashwords.com. The coupon is good until the 3rd of Jan 2011. Please get a copy for yourself!

Good til January 3rd 2011 Coupon Code: UR39F

Happy Holidays!

<3's and Fangs,
Liz ^_^

message 11: by Dan (new)

Dan Makaon (dan_makaon) | 2 comments My sci-fi book giveaway ends tomorrow, Jul 3, at midnight. Don't miss the chance to win a copy.Goodbye Milky Way: An Earth in Jeopardy Adventure
Register here: http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 12: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Chasing Pancho Villa by R.L. Tecklenburg About Chasing Pancho Villa:

In the fall of 1917, Harrison James arrives in New Mexico to investigate the mysterious death of his brother. There he meets the beautiful Maria Washington, notorious gunrunner and revolutionary. Their romance sizzles while his list of suspects grows.

James is soon engulfed in subterfuge and drawn into a seamy underworld of gunrunning and sedition. To unravel the mystery of his brother’s death, he must outshoot bandits and outwit the Army.

Traveling deep into Mexico to arm the popular revolutionary and folk hero Pancho Villa, When James and Washington are betrayed by enemy agents, they must fight their way back to the Rio Grande where,armed with new information on his brother’s death, James risks all to unmask his killer.

About Author R.L. Tecklenburg:

R.L. Tecklenburg describes his style as easy to read, with short direct sentences and clean descriptions. From Chasing Pancho Villa he hopes readers will gain a greater understanding of American history and a sense of how extraordinary events impact on the lives of ordinary people. Born and raised on a farm in northeast Iowa, the author has adapted well to the East Coast and enjoys sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. Since 1991, he and his wife Rebecca have made their home in Northern Virginia.

message 13: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Ghosts of Mercury (Space 1889 & Beyond) by Mark Michalowski About Space: 1889 & Beyond: Ghosts of Mercury:

Mercury: a planet of two faces – one side cloaked in eternal darkness, the other blistered by eternal sunshine. And balanced between the two is the World River, encircling the globe.

Professor Nathanial Stone and his ward, Annabelle Somerset visit Mercury for what they imagine will be a pleasant trip to visit Annabelle’s uncle.

But tragic death precedes them – a death that provokes a chain of mysterious and terrifying events that challenge Nathanial and Annabelle’s long-held beliefs. Before long, they – with the assistance of French geologist, Arnaud Fontaine – discover something ancient and powerful that has designs on humanity.

About Author Mark Michalowski:

Mark Michalowski’s first published work was a short story in the Big Finish Productions’ collection Professor Bernice Summerfield and the Dead Men’s Diaries (Big Finish, September 2000), which was the result of a chance meeting with producer Gary Russell whilst both were visiting BBC Manchester. He continued writing short stories for Big Finish’s Short Trips range, and also for a variety of charity fanzines, before his first novel, Relative Dementias (BBC Books, 2003) was published as part of the BBC Books Past Doctor Adventures. This was widely well-received, and led to a further novel being published by the BBC, this time an Eighth Doctor Adventure called Halflife (BBC Books, 2004).

His next published novel was the Big Finish Bernice Summerfield novel The Tree of Life (Big Finish, 2005), followed by the story Let There Be Stars in the Bernice Summerfield anthology Collected Works (Big Finish, 2005) and other stories for collections by the same company.

A further Doctor Who novel was published in September 2007, Wetworld featuring the 10th Doctor and Martha, and a second NSA released in September 2008, Shining Darkness featuring the 10th Doctor and Donna.

Since then he has contributed a story to the audio play Forty Five (Big Finish, 2009) to help celebrate the 45th anniversary of Doctor Who, as well as written the Iris Wildthyme audio The Sound of Fear (Big Finish, 2009).

He has also contributed graphic design work to Obverse Books, designing the cover for their short story collection, Iris Wildthyme and the Celestial Omnibus, for which company he also contributed a story in The Panda Book of Horror.

A Being Human novel, Chasers, was released in 2010, as was a short story for the Bernice Summerfield collection Secret Histories.

message 14: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Untreed wrote: "Ghosts of Mercury (Space 1889 & Beyond) by Mark Michalowski About Space: 1889 & Beyond: Ghosts of Mercury:

Mercury: a planet of two faces – one side cloaked in eternal darkness, the other blistered by eternal sunshine..."

Unfortunately, it's been discovered that Mercury rotates on its axis, albeit slowly. Not "tidal locked" like our moon is in relation to Terra.

If this is just an eBook, then you can go back and change the planet to one around another star. If it's a POD, maybe you can change that.

Otherwise, let it go and be happy that most people either 1. won't know about Mercury's true characteristics, or 2. won't care, if the story is good enough.

message 15: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Blood Sacrifice by Rick R. Reed Gritty horror-realist Rick R. Reed is showing his softer side, offering one lucky reader a free eBook copy of his erotic vampire novel Blood Sacrifice.

This giveaway is hosted on Rick R. Reed Reality. Enter quick-- it only runs through Wednesday, November 23rd.

message 16: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Al wrote: "Untreed wrote: "Ghosts of Mercury (Space 1889 & Beyond) by Mark Michalowski About Space: 1889 & Beyond: Ghosts of Mercury:

Mercury: a planet of two faces – one side cloaked in eternal darkness, the other blistered by ..."

No no-- they hadn't invented axis rotation in 1889, just like how they hadn't invented color yet. Today Mercury may spin, but that's really just a modern convenience.

message 17: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Untreed wrote: "No no-- they hadn't invented axis rotation in 1889, just like how they hadn't invented color yet. Today Mercury may spin, but that's really just a modern convenience. ..."

ROFL-CGU

message 18: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Renowned science-fiction writer Mark Michalowski has just been interviewed for his hot new release Ghosts of Mercury. Having already made a mark in the worlds of Doctor Who and Being Human we're thrilled to have Mark contributing to Space: 1889 & Beyond.

Head over to Sci-Fi Bulletin to learn how Mark handled working in an established universe, his fear of steampunk and how he overshot his first draft by 30,000 words.

message 19: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Overdue by K.G. McAbee Overdue by K.G. McAbee

Rian, accompanied by his wolf-friend Saz, is on a mission. To fulfill their task, the two of them must infiltrate the most magical, the most dangerous, the most fearful fort in existence, home of the maddest and baddest magician around.

Will an invisibility spell be sufficient to protect them from sentient statues, giant bees and the aforementioned wizard? Probably not. But hey, it’s all in a day’s work, right? Death before dishonor! Though dishonor is looking pretty darned attractive right about now.

A short work of fantasy from our Orbits line.

About Author K.G. McAbee:

K.G. McAbee has been a prolific writer for many years, releasing titles in multiple genres from pulp to young adult to horror. During her career she has been nominated for and won multiple awards including the Dorothy Parker Award of Excellence from Reviewers International and an Eppie. K.G. is the author of the Untreed Reads releases BLZ, Keep Your Friends Close and Vandals on Venus, which is Book 2 of the acclaimed Space: 1889 & Beyond series.

message 20: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Again by Lance Zarimba Again by Lance Zarimba

About Again:

Love is patient, love is kind, love lasts forever.

An elderly couple revisits their relationship after the husband experiences a debilitating stroke. How will the change in physical abilities and expectations affect their relationship?

A short story from our Candlelight romance line.

About Author Lance Zarimba:

Lance Zarimba is an author whose works span multiple genres, from mystery to juvenile and young adult literature to gay romance. Lance made his Untreed Reads debut with the short story Who Snuffed the Turkey? which is part of the humorous Thanksgiving mystery anthology The Killer Wore Cranberry (and is also available separately) as well as the short mystery The Wire in the Butter.

message 21: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Glowgems for Profit by Bruce Davis Glowgems for Profit by Bruce Davis
Published by AKW Books

Zack Mbele, captain of the independent freighter Profit, needs cash fast. There’s a loan payment due on the ship, not to mention a bogus Customs duty imposed by a crooked official. They’ll seize his ship if he doesn't pay up and he has few prospects. So, when an old friend calls with a lead on a job, Zack isn’t too picky about obeying the letter of the law. All he has to do is smuggle someone out of Highpoint, a huge space station orbiting between the Earth and the Moon.

But it's not all that easy, as a beautiful assassin and the Red Dragons gang complicate things.

Suddenly Zack is involved in a maze of double-cross and murder as he races the Dragons and a shadowy paramilitary army for the greatest prize of all.

Rated "PG-13"

81,300 words (equivalent to 305 pages in mass market paperback format)

message 22: by David (new)

David Simpson (davidsimpson) | 1 comments FREE Post-Human!

I am offering the Post-Human Kindle edition for FREE! I tried to get Amazon to let it be free, but they wouldn’t let me because it is a self-published edition, but you can download the Kindle version for free by going to my website, and downloading it there! Don't have a Kindle? Not to worry! If you have an Android or an iPhone, you can get Kindle Apps, likewise if you have a tablet. Don't have those either? Well, you're still not left out in the cold! There is a PDF version you can download and read on your PC or Mac, all on my website.

http://post-humannovel.com/David_Simp...

Here's the link to get to the 99 cent Kindle editions of Trans-Human or The God Killers. :) Thanks again to everyone. :)

http://post-humannovel.com/David_Simp...

message 23: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments One Always Chooses Paris by James Conroy One Always Chooses Paris by James Conroy.

Anita Gold is an engineer working on a project in Africa. When her project is overrun by rebels, she and her crew are saved by a band of para-military mercenaries, hired by her company. The handsome leader of the mercenary unit shows up at her hotel a few days later to deliver his report on the action.

She soon finds out that he's much more than just a soldier and he's immediately attracted to her as well.

Together, they must unravel the mystery of why her company's projects are being attacked and destroyed. Who's behind it? Why? Their investigation plunges them into corporate intrigue and cover-ups that threaten them and people they love.

Rated R.

75,700 words; equivalent to a 284 page mass market paperback.

message 24: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Where The Dead Fear to Tread by M.R. Gott Where the Dead Fear to Tread

A police officer and a serial killer search separately for a missing child while running a malevolent labyrinth populated by creatures they never knew existed.

Former prosecutor William Chandler, disgusted with his past inaction, spills the blood of those who victimize children to correct the ills he sees in the world. A self-admitted serial killer and uncomfortable with his actions, Chandler attends the funerals of those whose lives he has taken in an effort to retain a true understanding of the nature of violence.

The carnage left in his wake is investigated by Detective Kate Broadband, who becomes progressively more comfortable with the corpses left by Chandler. Envying the power she sees in him, she pursues Chandler as each search for Maria Verde, a missing eight-year-old girl.

As Chandler and Broadband draw closer to discovering what happened to Maria they are forced to confront The Devourer, an unnatural being trafficking in stolen children.

Where the Dead Fear to Tread is a tale of hard-boiled macabre, bridging numerous genres to reveal a story of horror, crime and revenge.

About Author M.R. Gott:

M.R. Gott M.R. Gott is the author of Where the Dead fear to Tread and the forthcoming sequel Where the Damned Fear Redemption. You can visit M.R. at his website Cutis Anserina.

M.R. lives contentedly in central New Hampshire with his wife, and their two cats and dog. Aside from writing, M.R. enjoys dark coffee, dark beer, red wine, and fading light.

message 25: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Start thinking about your picks for our annual "Best eBook" awards.

Every year, we award one fiction and one non-fiction book as the best new eBook published in the year.

It doesn't have to be a book we've published. Even self-published books qualify as long as they were FIRST published during the last 13 months (in this case 2011 PLUS December of 2010).

In the past, we've conducted the poll on GoodReads, but this year we'll be able to do so on FaceBook as well since FB now has a more flexible poll tool.

Look for the GoodReads poll to be posted in January in the Book-a-Holics group.

message 26: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Shot to Death Thirty One Tales of Murder & Mayhem by Stephen D. Rogers Shot to Death: Thirty One Tales of Murder & Mayhem

Like a 31-bullet magazine, Shot to Death delivers a major dose of murder and mayhem. The work of short story author Stephen D. Rogers has graced over two hundred publications. Here, collected for the first time, are 31 of his stories of murder and mayhem, strewn across the back alleys and back yards of New England. Let this veteran writer lead you through the darkness to show you where the bodies are buried. You might just make it back alive.

About Author Stephen D. Rogers:

Stephen D. Rogers Stephen D. Rogers is a multi-published writer of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. Over seven hundred of his stories and poems have been selected to appear in more than two hundred publications, earning among other honors two “Best of Soft SF” winners, a Derringer (and six additional nominations), two “Notable Online Stories” from storySouth’s Million Writers Award, honorable mention in The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror, mention in The Best American Mystery Stories, and numerous Readers’s Choice awards.

message 27: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) We're proud to announce our latest work of historical fiction, Harry's War. Part coming of age tale, part trip through the horrors of the second world war, this is a story for anyone and everyone. Now available as an ebook from Untreed Reads.

Harry's War by D. Edward Bradley

In war-torn England, in September 1941, thirteen-year-old Harry Lockwood steps off the train and embarks on his new life at Markham College, a boys’ boarding school near London. With his father stationed in North Africa and his mother working in a munitions factory a hundred miles away, he is on his own.

Soon, Harry finds himself fighting for survival in a new world where the misuse of power by sadistic prefects creates a closed society ruled by fear and violence. As if this is not enough, Hitler’s bombardment of Britain with terrifying V1 flying bombs and V2 ballistic missiles threatens to destroy him.

Harry’s tale is one of lost innocence, of war, of loyalty and of love.

D. Edward Bradley

D. Edward Bradley’s fascination with foreign places comes naturally. Conceived on the Dark Continent in the British Colony of Nigeria, where his father worked as a surveyor, he grew up in the 1930s. His most vivid childhood memory was seeing the menacing shadow of the Graff Zeppelin floating among the clouds, a portent of things to come.

When he was only four years old, his mother joined her husband in Africa. They were stranded there during much of the Second World War, leaving him with his grandmother. In 1943, his parents returned to England and David moved on to a Public School. It was in a similar location to that in Harry’s War, which is to some extent autobiographical. A number of David’s war-related experiences are real, but embellished to make them more exciting.

Mr. Bradley admits that his early career as a Research Physicist came about through an aptitude for repairing intricate mechanisms and a timely job at a laboratory engaged in the exciting new field of Electron Microscopy. After several years of ground-breaking research, he gained his MSc and PhD degrees in Microbiology at the University of Edinburgh, and satisfied his wanderlust by participating in scientific expeditions and conferences around the globe.

In 1974, Dr. Bradley immigrated to Canada where he worked at Memorial University of Newfoundland. There, at the easternmost edge of North America where the passage of years is marked by the southward migration of icebergs from Greenland, he continued his research in Microbiology. After retiring in 1995, D. Edward Bradley now devotes his time to writing fiction at his home in Kingston, Ontario.

message 28: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Hello fellow BOOK-A-HOLICS, just dropping by to share the news of a new short story. We can't decide if it's a cock-eyed look at spirituality or a clear-eyed look at America's contentious religious identity. We do know that it's a fun and funny read and hope you'll agree.

Doxology by Tim Black Rhett Butler, the runt of a litter of dachshunds, is born with magical healing powers. Working with his master he begins to heel various infirmities until the AMA learns about him and goes after him for actually healing patients. What was this dog? Why did he have such healing powers? Was he a dyslexic’s version of God? Or was Jesus too busy walking around another Holy Land on some other planet and the best Earth could get was Christ’s dog? Doxology attempts to answer such theological questions with a dachshund that makes Lassie look like a slow learner.

A whimsical and satiric short work from our Nibs literary line.

About Author Tim Black:

Tim Black is a multi-published author of numerous short stories and magazine articles. In 2011, Untreed Reads published the memoir of Tim’s daughter Taylor entitled Daydreams & Diaries.

message 29: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Just in time for Christmas comes the latest short by Giselle Renarde. Traditional holiday family drama blends with a modernist clash of generations for an insightful and sympathetic tale of love and understanding.

Nobody Gets Lucky by Giselle Renarde Nobody Gets Lucky

When Justine brings Lucky home for Christmas, the family isn’t shy in expressing their dislike of the quirky, single mother. Even Grandma’s taking pot shots at Lucky all through dinner! Sure, Lucky’s tattoos and tight clothes make her an easy target in Mother’s prim and proper dining room, but there’s so much the family doesn’t understand about the woman Justine loves. When they do find out more about Lucky’s past, will they be willing to accept her at all, or will they be able to embrace Justine’s new love?

A short story from our Nibs literary line.

Giselle Renarde Giselle Renarde is an acclaimed author of both romance and erotica titles. In 2010, Giselle joined Untreed Reads with the literary short story Ugly Naked People, which has received much praise for its deft handling of the topic of eating disorders and relationships. In 2011, Untreed Reads published her straight romance short Love Again.

message 30: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Tis the season for family secrets. Untreed Reads is pleased to announce the latest short story by Johnny Miles!

Christmas Baby by Johnny Miles Christmas Baby by Johnny Miles

It’s Christmas Eve morning, 1957, and John wakes up to find his parents are missing. When he realizes they never came home from a holiday party they attended the night before, John calls his estranged uncle, a man he barely remembers and hasn’t seen in nearly 14 years. Together, they face a life-changing tragedy and John discovers a family secret that’s been tucked away like the Christmas presents hidden in his parent’s coat closet.

A short work of fiction from our Nibs literary line.

Johnny Miles Johnny Miles began writing an early age. In 1985 his first erotic story was published in Numbers magazine. Since then, his other stories have appeared in various gay magazines. Over the past three years, Johnny’s been published by Loose Id Publications and is the author of m/m romance e-books, Learning to Samba, Lauderdale Hearts, and Casa Rodrigo. He’s also self-published gay erotic titles, including Carlo and My Uncle Piri: A Coney Island Adventure.

Christmas Baby is his first foray outside of the m/m erotic romance genre into mainstream fiction, and has already reached #3 on the RainbowEbooks.com bestseller list.

Johnny currently lives in Fort Lauderdale with his partner of 15 years, 3 lunatic Pugs and a prissy, prima donna cat. His website is: http://johnny-miles.com/Johnny_Miles/....

message 31: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Some people bake cookies and make eggnog. Some people pose for pictures and open presents. Some people have their personal problems reach critical mass and explode in a furious rage. Another yuletide short from Untreed Reads to hang by the chimney with care.

Home for Christmas by Victor J. Banis Home for Christmas by Victor J. Banis

Their mother dead early, their father uninterested, the Wallace twins had grown up in the care of an ever-changing succession of housekeepers, with no one close but one another. Fortunately, they had always been content with that company and had almost never been apart.

Now, Adam has met someone and, without preamble, married her. Robert is bereft, and the stage is set for a Christmas nobody is likely to forget.

A short story from our Nibs literary line.

Victor J. Banis

Victor J. Banis is the critically acclaimed author (“master’s touch in storytelling,” Publishers Weekly) of some 200 books in a career spanning nearly half a century. A native of Ohio and longtime Californian, he lives and writes now in West Virginia’s beautiful Blue Ridge. He is the author of the Untreed Reads releases Changing Views, Tell Them Katy Did, The Princess of the Andes, Illusions and Neighbors.

message 32: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Presenting the latest literary short from Kathleen Gerard and Untreed Reads.

Tangled by Kathleen Gerard Tangled by Kathleen Gerard

After twenty-seven years of marriage – and twenty-seven years spent with an artificial Christmas tree – Edward and Annie finally purchase a fresh pine. When they bring the tree home, however, the presence of the ample Scotch pine suddenly stirs a range of emotions in this long-married couple.

Tangled is a powerfully moving, compact short story from our Nibs line that captures the deeper essence of the Christmas spirit.

About Author Kathleen Gerard:

Kathleen Gerard’s fiction has been awarded The Perillo Prize, The Eric Hoffer Prose Award and was nominated for Best New American Voices, all national prizes in literature. Her prose and poetry have been widely published in literary journals and anthologies, and broadcast on National Public Radio (NPR). She lives in New Jersey. Kathleen previously published with Untreed Reads in the Thanksgiving anthology The Killer Wore Cranberry with her short story “Last Licks.” To learn more visit http://www.kathleengerard.blogspot.com.

message 33: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments The Palmari Vendetta by Louis Birnir The Palmari Vendetta by Louis Birner.

Not all criminals are caught. Some of the worst, the dirtiest, and most evil go free. Such loathsome types are often best served their justice the old fashioned way, though the hard hands of vendetta.

Private detective John Dunne’s new client wants him to find out who’s threatening his life. John learns that an old Sicilian woman yelled threats of “vendetta” against his client before she was killed by a hit-and-run driver.

Dunne is thrown into the middle of this mix. To make sense of the Palmari Vendetta and learn its terrible story, he will encounter the love of his life, see his partner bombed, and almost lose his own life.

This is the most deadly investigation of his career.
The Palmari Vendetta is about rough justice carved from the rock of hatred and delivered cruelly to one criminal at a time, through bombs, mutilations, and bullets.

67,300 words; equivalent to a 252 page mass market paperback

PG-13

message 34: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Care to celebrate New Year's with an accidental sleuth working the English classrooms and side streets of Philadelphia? Untreed Reads is thrilled to announce the ebook release of Gillian Roberts' debut Amanda Pepper Mystery.

Caught Dead in Philadelphia An Amanda Pepper Mystery by Gillian Roberts Caught Dead in Philadelphia: An Amanda Pepper Mystery by Gillian Roberts

The debut of Philly Prep English teacher and accidental sleuth, Amanda Pepper, (and of C.K. Mackenzie, homicide detective) won the World Mystery Convention’s “Anthony” for best first mystery.

When the body of a colleague is found dead in Amanda’s living room, she has to clear herself of suspicion — and make sure she isn’t the next victim as well. And all she’s got as a clue to the real killer’s identity is a locket shaped like Winnie-the-Pooh.

About Author Gillian Roberts:

Gillian Roberts is the author of the Anthony-award winning Amanda Pepper mystery series that features a Philadelphia high school English teacher and her significant (but undernamed) other (and now fiancé), C. K. Mackenzie.

The geography of the series is no accident — the author’s a native Philadelphian who now lives in California. She was also once a high school English teacher.

If you are a reviewer and would like a copy, please contact Brendan Seibel at brendan@untreedreads.com

message 35: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Take a trip back in time to Arkansas, 1949. A rough and tumble boom town, the last refuge for a hard living man and the hopes of every desperate refugee can be found one sultry night. A new historical short story from Untreed Reads.

Midnight Special by Victor J. Banis Midnight Special by Victor J. Banis

Hot Springs, Arkansas, 1949 – the Las Vegas of its day. A prison legend says that when a man sees the headlight of the ghost train, The Midnight Special, it means he’s going free–but what freedom can there be for a black man on the run, in 1949 Arkansas?

This short story appears in the print anthology Too Much Boogie.

Victor J. Banis Victor J. Banis is the critically acclaimed author (“master’s touch in storytelling,” Publishers Weekly) of some 200 books in a carrer spanning nearly half a century. A native of Ohio and longtime Californian, he lives and writes now in West Virginia’s beautiful Blue Ridge. He is the author of the Untreed Reads releases Changing Views, Tell Them Katy Did, The Princess of the Andes, Illusions, Home for Christmas and Neighbors.

If you’d like a review copy of this title, please contact Brendan Seibel at brendan@untreedreads.com. Include links to your blog and your ebook format of choice.

message 36: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments The Palmari Vendetta by Louis Birnir The Palmari Vendetta by Louis Birnir, eBook version, has been temporarily marked down from $4.95 to 99 cents at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DFCXTS only.

Discover a great mystery writer without spending much money.

message 37: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 13 comments New Frontier (speculative fiction, alt history) by Cliff Ball New Frontier by Cliff Ball is an alternate history novel that's now available as e-book for $2.99 or paperback for $8.99

In this speculative fiction novel, what-if Ronald Reagan became President in 1976 instead and the Space Race turned out differently? He continues with the moon landings, and declares that a moon base would be established by 1979, followed by a Mars Base by 1989. The Soviets decide to up the ante by building an interstellar starship, and send it on its way as the US establishes a permanent presence on the Moon. The US builds a space station, followed by a base on Mars, that will eventually be turned into a colony.

The rest of Earth follows the original timeline, so terrorism rears its ugly head, which will forever change American politics. Iran and its attempt at taking hostages is taken care of in 1979, but a new threat emerges because of it. The new POTUS has to pursue these enemies of the US to secure America's future. We follow America's progress from Moon to Mars, along with the Teacher in Space Program, to an eventual starship mission out of the solar system, which will continue in book two.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006ONBPVU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006ONBPVU

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/new-f...

message 38: by Apryl (new)

Apryl Baker | 3 comments Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I am the author of the YA paranmormal mystery/romance The Promise, Book one of The Coven series. Hope you enjoy it!

Armed with kick-ass shoes, can CJ stop a maniacal coven leader, save the town, and still get Mr. Melt In Your Mouth Gorgeous while surviving the darkness coming for her?

She stared at the faces around her, their expressions excited, insane. Friends, family. They all waited for her death. The smoke from the fire burned her eyes, its heat caressed her skin, the taste of fear choked her. She was going to burn just as her ancestor did all those centuries ago in New Salem Village. Nonsense she’d always called it. How could she have been so wrong about everything?

Cassie Jayne Bishop grew up the only non-believer in the town Coven. When a stranger comes to the sleepy town of New Salem, NC, everything she thought was true unraveled around her. Ethan made her question everything, even her sister’s death. Clues start to pile up and Cassie is determined to find out if the Coven was the real reason her sister died. What she uncovers terrifies her. Her fate lies in the very heart of the secret the Coven protects. It’s the reason she was born. Now, betrayed on every side, can she find a way to survive or will she be the catalyst that starts it all?

It is available for purchase at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

You can view the book trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2zTiuXz... or on my Goodreads page.

Thanks!!
Apryl Baker

message 39: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) New insights into a mystery of the ages arrives on ebook. Untreed Reads is proud to make Mark Anderson's ground-breaking investigation of William Shakespeare, and the possible pen who worked in his shadow, Edward de Vere, available worldwide.

Shakespeare By Another Name by Mark Anderson Shakespeare By Another Name by Mark Anderson

The debate over the true author of the Shakespeare canon has raged for centuries. Astonishingly little evidence supports the traditional belief that Will Shakespeare, the actor and businessman from Stratford-upon-Avon, was the author. Legendary figures such as Mark Twain, Walt Whitman and Sigmund Freud have all expressed grave doubts that an uneducated man who apparently owned no books and never left England wrote plays and poems that consistently reflect a learned and well-traveled insider’s perspective on royal courts and the ancient feudal nobility. Recent scholarship has turned to Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford—an Elizabethan court playwright known to have written in secret and who had ample means, motive and opportunity to in fact have assumed the “Shakespeare” disguise.

“Shakespeare” by Another Name is the literary biography of Edward de Vere as “Shakespeare.” This groundbreaking book tells the story of de Vere’s action-packed life—as Renaissance man, spendthrift, courtier, wit, student, scoundrel, patron, military adventurer, and, above all, prolific ghostwriter—finding in it the background material for all of The Bard’s works. Biographer Mark Anderson incorporates a wealth of new evidence, including de Vere’s personal copy of the Bible (in which de Vere underlines scores of passages that are also prominent Shakespearean biblical references).

About Author Mark Anderson:

Journalist and author Mark Anderson devoted more than a decade to researching the life of Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford, publishing articles on de Vere in Harper’s, The Boston Globe and on PBS.org. Holding a masters degree in astrophysics, he has also written articles on science, technology, the environment, the arts and politics for Rolling Stone, Wired, Discover, Science, New Scientist, and National Geographic and Scientific American online. He lives in Massachusetts. “Shakespeare” by Another Name is his first book.

Anderson’s next book is The Day the World Discovered the Sun: An Extraordinary Story of 18th Century Scientific Adventure & the Global Race to Track the Transit of Venus (Da Capo, May 2012).

How to Purchase “Shakespeare” by Another Name:

“Shakespeare” by Another Name is $5.99 from The Untreed Reads Store in a variety of formats, including EPUB and Kindle formats.

You’ll also find the title at virtually every ebook retailer around the world including Amazon, B&N, Apple, WHSmith and Waterstone’s.

If the title hasn’t arrived at your favorite retailer, it soon will! It sometimes takes our retailers a few weeks to process new titles.

Untreed Reads ebook titles are also available for sale to public libraries through our distributor Overdrive. If you’d like to see our titles available for electronic checkout at your local library, please let them know.

We have a limited amount of review copies available. Address inquiries to brendan@untreedreads.com and include your website link and ebook format.

message 40: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Ladies and Gentlemen-- place your bets. If life is a game why not a game of poker? It takes skill, luck, risk and a keen eye. Consider your cards.

Bad Beat by Mickey Geiser Bad Beat by Mickey Geiser

I’ve heard people say that it’s all luck. I’ve also heard that experience with the game is still your best bet. I’ve seen drunks win hand after hand and old pros make dumb mistakes when the cards are going against them.

Why is it that some people contract incurable diseases and miraculously go into remission? Why can a guy who barely made it through high school find a job that enables him to climb to the top of the financial heap? Is it luck, or is it something else?

There are nights when all one can do is lose, and others when a five dollar bill pays off the big one in a matter of minutes. Nevertheless, one keeps hoping that it’s more than a twist of fate. The inevitable question of some higher power that’s on your side is ever present. Do only the good people win?

What follows in Bad Beat is a fairy tale of six individuals in a poker game. Or, is it really a fairy tale? Do love and generosity make some people more eligible to hit what has come to be known as a “bad beat?” Is it simply a matter of being in the right seat at the right table at the right moment? Winning is more often a matter of luck, and the biggest question remains what is “winning” after all. Who are the real winners?

You decide. Place your bets.

How to Purchase Bad Beat:

Bad Beat is $3.99 from The Untreed Reads Store in a variety of formats, including EPUB and Kindle formats.

You’ll also find the title at virtually every ebook retailer around the world including Amazon, B&N, Apple, WHSmith and Waterstone’s.

Book reviews and bloggers can request a copy by sending site links and ebook format to brendan@untreedreads.com

message 41: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Al wrote: "Start thinking about your picks for our annual "Best eBook" awards.

Every year, we award one fiction and one non-fiction book as the best new eBook published in the year.

It doesn't have to be a ..."

Only 8 more days left to register your vote. Remember, you can add a book to the list and you're allowed to vote for your own book.

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/59...

message 42: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 1 comments The Dark Age Survivors of the Pulse, a post-apocalyptic thriller, is FREE TODAY-January 29th ONLY on Amazon US.Share a FREE book with friends and family!

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Age-Surviv...

message 43: by Untreed (new)

Untreed Reads (untreedreads) Life presents you with a choice of roads to walk. Some appear even and straight, some appear broken and twisted, but none reveal where they eventually lead. Untreed Reads is proud to present a new novel of difficult decisions made during difficult times.

Crown of Laurel by Loretta Tollefson Crown of Laurel by Loretta Tollefson

What happens when your dreams come face to face with economic reality? Do you compromise, lower your sights and find a way to some measure of comfort through a lower level of achievement? Or, do you stick doggedly to your course even though it promises no certain reward and may lead to total failure?

Deborah and Lawrence both face the decision to compromise or to pursue their goals with no thought for the consequences.

The fortune of one proceeds by compromise and ends in comfort. That of the other devolves into homelessness and a life on the street.

Set in Seattle during the recession of the early 1980’s, this novel reflects its streets, back alleys and moody skies and provides a gallery of sharply drawn, unforgettable characters.

Loretta Tollefson Loretta Miles Tollefson grew up on Washington State’s Olympic Peninsula in the log house her grandfather built using trees he cleared from the homestead site. As an adult, she moved to Seattle in the early 1980’s, where she observed first hand the bitter struggles of a deep recession. Now a resident of New Mexico, she has a M.A. in Communications and is currently working toward a Ph.D. in English Literature at the University of New Mexico. She has also published short stories and poetry, including Journey of the Shunammite and other poems.

How to Purchase Crown of Laurel:

Crown of Laurel is $4.99 from The Untreed Reads Store in a variety of formats, including EPUB and Kindle formats. You’ll also find the title at virtually every ebook retailer around the world including Amazon, B&N, Apple, WHSmith and Waterstone’s.

Book reviewers can request a copy by sending their site link and ebook format to brendan@untreedreads.com

message 44: by Cliff (new)

Cliff Ball (cliffball) | 13 comments Here's my 6th novel Times of Trouble a Christian fiction novel $2.99 for ebook $8.99 for paperback

In the near future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the government agencies known as the EPA and TSA grow with ever more power, taking away the liberty many Americans had known for over two hundred years. They’re joined by a government agency, the Health Administration, which was put together in the mid-2010′s to regulate healthcare.

Told in first person point of view, Brian Atwood, our main character, is a field agent for the FBI in Omaha. His work involves mostly cyber terrorism and actual cases of potential real world terrorism. Eventually, his wife gives birth to their third child, who has Down’s Syndrome, which does not please the Health Administration because there are rules and regulations set-up in cases like these to prevent “genetic freaks” as they like to call them, from sucking up a lot of Health Admin money. Because the Atwoods are born again Christians, they never considered aborting the baby, so now the Health people have to take him away to deal with the problem later.

Meanwhile, the Secret Service decides to recruit Brian to be the personal agent of POTUS due to his great work involving a case that dealt with terrorism that would’ve involved Offutt Air Force Base. Brian’s faith is tested every day as he deals with a man that has no morals from what Brian can see, and is tested even more when his wife finds out that she’s dying from a fast growing form of breast cancer. Trouble in the rest of the world occurs as Iran attempts to nuke Israel, which fails spectacularly, so Israel takes care of the problem. This brings condemnation from everyone, including the US, which takes the side of Iran.

When the re-election of POTUS doesn’t turn out the way he wanted it, he and his people declare the election nullified because of supposed “irregularities” with the ballots. POTUS claims that the new President-elect may take the seat sometime in the middle of next year, if everything looks to be sorted out. POTUS purges his staff of what he considers unloyal people, including Brian. At the same time, he loses his wife, but regains the son he thought he had lost.

Brian moves back to his family home in Nebraska, where we follow what happens as the country slowly falls apart. Events play out as Brian and his family sees the End Times approach.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0075CNFFI

message 45: by Lil (last edited Jul 03, 2013 04:37PM) (new)

Lil (LilMar) | 4 comments GalleyCat, will let you post your upcoming book on their page.

http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/...

message 46: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments AKW Books has six novels available for just 99 cents (available everywhere -- go to the bottom):

The Man of Signs (Christian historical fiction): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

The Fighter King (Military science fiction): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

Starport (Science fiction action/adventure): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

Joseph Lexxus and the Drug Runners of Alpha Centauri (mid-grade science fiction adventure): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

Asteroid Outpost (science fiction adventure): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

Brownbird's Luck (fantasy): http://www.akwbooks.com/BookStore/pro...

All of the books are available on Amazon and Smashwords to satisfy the needs of any eReader device. The links take you to our page for the product where you can choose where to shop.

message 47: by Al "Tank" (new)

Al "Tank" (alkalar) | 114 comments Cliff wrote: "Here's my 6th novel Times of Trouble a Christian fiction novel $2.99 for ebook $8.99 for paperback

In the near future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the government agencies know..."

Sounds powerful and timely, Cliff. Good luck. Except for one troll and a couple of others, your reviews look pretty good.

message 48: by Dan (new)

Dan Makaon (dan_makaon) | 2 comments Have Fun! Win $100 >>>
$100 Giveaway-Promotion for the sci-fi novel, Goodbye Milky Way - An Earth in Jeopardy Adventure. Someone will win! Check out the rules on http://www.DanMakaon.com/

Please forward this CONTEST information to your contacts.

Thanks and regards,
Dan

message 49: by John (new)

John Cassian | 11 comments Want to read a comedic and erotic scifi short story about a shrunken woman abducted to an ant hill to become the new ant queen?

Honey, I Shrunk Your Cooch! by Hylene Haley

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 50: by Mandana (last edited Oct 12, 2013 08:52PM) (new)

Mandana (mandanatowhidy) | 2 comments IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN REVIEWING...if there is an author folder, i did not see it. hope this is okay!

the ebook editions of my novel were just released. if anyone in the booktube community would like to review the novel, please contact me. either via my page or contact at moreisallyouneed.com .

here is some juice on the novel:
good interview and review on vice.com:
http://www.vice.com/read/mandana-towh...

and here is my interview on bbc radio show about heavy metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlGFFA...

and here is the synopsis:

Populated by rockers, Deadheads, misfits, skinheads, Goths, surfers, preppies, cheerleaders, and jocks, ARCADIA by Mandana Towhidy is a Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the Metal years. It's an honest story of Ronnie and her friends (Ezze, Tess, Ash, and Syd), teen girls in the heart of the Hollywood Metal scene during the late 80s/early 90s, ruling it in their own way, with or without the boys, and having the time of their lives: scrounging dimes for burritos, ducking the hallway narcs, getting stoned in the parking lot, and hitching rides to the next party to get wasted, all before noon on a school day. And in the world of Hollywood where more is all you need, Ronnie discovers happiness in Metal and friends and learning to see through the games and the "perfect-ness" of it all. Long Hair Rocks...again!

thx...hope this is cool. i heart the booktube community. i would also love to to some giveaways. the book is avail in epub, mobi,and ibooks (which is super fun and interactive)...
thx again! \m/

Arcadia by Mandana Towhidy
Arcadia

« previous 1