Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > August 24 Read-a-thon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments So I am starting my read-a-thon right now! I can't go pick up Mockingjay for a few hours so I am going to start out with Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh. I've had it sitting on my shelf since it came out and just haven't gotten around to starting it yet. This series is a pretty quick read so I am going to try to get it done before i get Mockingjay.

Starting time for me: 12:30pm Mountain Standard time.

I'll check in later!

message 2: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Just finished Bonds of Justice. It was really good, but I have enjoyed all of the books in that series. Max was a pretty interesting character. One book down - 348 pages.

Now a quick break for food and to pick up Mockingjay! Can't wait to get started!!!

message 3: by Jess (last edited Aug 24, 2010 03:43PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I loved Bonds of Justice.. but am more excited for the next book it should be really great!!

I'm jealous that you are going to have Mockingjay.. I'm number 200 something on the library list. I won't get it for a few months.

Keep up the good work Kelley Anne!!!

message 4: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments It is taking all of my willpower not to flip to the last chapter to see who she ends up with! I had originally planned to read it nice and slow and savor every word. Yeah, that's not happening! I have to find out what is going to happen, so nice and slow will just have to happen later!

I'm glad that I don't have to wait for it from the library either! Actually my mom owed me some money so she went and bought it for me today to pay me back. That's why I had to wait half the day to get it. Had to wait until she got off of work! :)

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments That was nice of her! I always say I will try to read something nice and slow, I don't think it's happened yet.

message 6: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Need to take a break and actually get up and walk around! I don't think that I realized that the hardest part of this would be finding a comfy enough position for hours and hours!

Anways, I'm pretty much racing through Mockingjay. Without any spoilers I'll just say that it isn't going anywhere that I had expected it to! But at the same time I am enjoying it!

message 7: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Haven't updated in quite a while. My cousin called me earlier, asked what I was doing, I told her and she invited me over to her house for some reading company. Made for a pretty fun night.

I finished Mockingjay. I'm still trying to wrap my head around some of it! Not all all what I was expecting, but very, very good!

Then I moved onto Kiss of Fire by Deborah Cooke. I'm reading it for a challenge in one of my groups. It's interesting, a few minor annoying points but overall seems like a pretty good start to a series that I have never read before.

Currently have read 207 pages, 127 pages to go. And I am about 14.5 hours into my read-a-thon. My goal is to finish this book tonight and then I'll finish my read-a-thon hours on Sunday. Let's just hope that I can stay awake a little bit longer!