James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing discussion

Where do I find it?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McNiel I want to read it, but where do I find it? Is it a paper book I can hold in my hand? Or online only?

Lydia Its addicting. I found the ebooks here on this website, and had to keep reading the others. I hope he comes out with more.

message 3: by AJ (new)

AJ it on goodreads. you type in the name and it says read. you click and read. the whole series is on goodreads

Bradleyfannin i.ve liked them alot

Debbie Me too. Have them on my Kindle. Just finished the first one and it stuck pretty well with the style and telling of the parent Harry Potter series. Though it is not Rowlings it is close and I understand that she has given her belated blessing to this set of fan fiction stories.

message 6: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed what does this book talking about? any one can summarize it please!

infael The continuing adventures of the Potter and Weasley kids. Includes an American school, which I always thought Rowling should have.

Julia infael wrote: "Includes an American school, which I always thought Rowling should have."

I totally disagree - she's not American. Write what you know.

The thing I dislike most about the James Potter books is that the writer is clearly not British, but he's trying to write a story that takes place in Great Britain (Scotland?) I think his strongest writing were in his American characters and stories about the American school. These were things of his own creation from a land and culture that he actually knows.

For Rowling to create an American school would have been awfully weak. She stuck to what she knows and what she could create.

The James Potter stories are just a fun way for us Harry Potter addicts to return to the magical world with some new characters and new adventures and lots of references to the old characters and old adventures. They're not great, but not bad either.

Sarah Tschetter Rowling actually mentions an American school -- it's in Salem, duh. The school is briefly mentioned in GoF during the Quidditch World Cup. Harry sees a banner or a flag -- don't remember -- with spangled stars. It was later confirmed by Rowling to be a group of Salem students. (It looks like an old farm building.) So technically an American school in canon.

Anyway, the James Potter series is only available in ebook form, either directly from Goodreads or from the official website. Since this is a popular fanfic, Lippert cannot publish the books with physical copies without making money and considering that it costs a pretty penny to print, publish, and send the books via post, well there's a bit of a legal issue there.

message 10: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy Have they been taken off this site? I can't read them on my phone anymore

Tarri http://www.jamespotterseries.com/mugg...
They are here and downloadable for ebooks.

message 12: by Joy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joy thanks :)