Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > Shadowfevwer page count

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Okay, so I am a tad confused. Did I hear correctly that Karen said Shadowfever was over 700 pages? If so, why does Amazon and GoodReads say a little over 500? I will be very disappointed if this is the case because it has been posted multiple times that the book took so long to come out partially because it was twice the length of the others. Does anyone know of a definite answer?

message 2: by Kristian (last edited Aug 21, 2010 06:20PM) (new)

Kristian Johnston | 11 comments This is the information I got off of Amazon.

Product Details
Hardcover: 592 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Press (January 18, 2011)

From what I have read on other sites this information is completely correct.

message 3: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 60 comments Karen posted in her forum that the book is 728 pages.
She only recently finished writting it, so after the edits, none of these page count would be much accurate. But I still expect it to be around 700 pages.

message 4: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments That is what I thought as well. I have already check Amazon and other sites, but I do find it odd that 136 pages would have been cut in the final edits...

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) | 26 comments probably some of it varies on print type, spacing, size of the book, etc…. with that many words and pages, I'm sure it could change a lot. Example, I'm reading Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, some of the books are 400-500 pages, and the one i'm reading is 644. I dunno, just a thought...

message 6: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments That is possible I suppose... Oh well I've just waited so long I guess I am stingy wanting more pages before it ends!

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments i dont care how long it is so long as Mac gets her vengeance, saves the world and gets her happily ever after with barrons! who wants to speculate w/ me who the beast was? i think it was barrons, which is gonna make the hea impossible! ugh! i know she heard the beast when she was w/ barrons so it doesnt make sense that it would be him, but he is the only person who would make her so hopeless! this is gonna be unbearable to wait!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I don't think it was Barrons, but I have my theories. ;)

message 9: by Caylin (new)

Caylin | 4 comments Angela wrote: "I don't think it was Barrons, but I have my theories. ;)"

whats your theory?

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Yeah Angela! You can't say you have your theories and then not tell us what they are!

message 11: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments Jennifer wrote: "Yeah Angela! You can't say you have your theories and then not tell us what they are!"

SPILL!! You can't say something like that and leave us wondering :)

message 12: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments ok, now that I'm finally done and in the same boat with this group, what are your theories?

I think the Beast was Barrons and killing the Beast had killed the curse. And Mac still have 1 pc of Unseelie left in her pocket.

AND what's the big deal about the 4th mystery prince who rapped Mac. I was sooo glad to find that it wasn't Barrons, Mac would never forgive him.

message 13: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Well Crazy--my own opinion is--KMM just wants to drive all her readers CRAZY

(Only another 19 weeks and 4 days--but who's counting)

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments She is a mean sadistic woman, isn't she? Torture I tell you, this wait is torture! I found myself thinking about whether Barrons was the beast or not when I was driving home from work. It completely ruined my Joey Votto fantasy!

message 15: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments I think its her sister or at least something that looks like her. Remember when the fae prince gave her sister back to her on the beach? Her sister seemed real. I think that scene meant something more than it seemed at the time. What could mess Mac up more. She is not in her world right now so the timeline might be off. Hey, with 700 pages to wrap the series, whoever the beast is has to be a character that isn't important or its a trick of her mind. It can't be Barrons, he is too important to the story. Lastly, I am really hoping Mac hooks up with him whatever he really is.

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments I do think the beast can't possibly be Barrons because they have to have their HEA {or if it's him, that some miracle will occur}. But that logic still didn't stop me from throwing the book against the wall in frustration when I realized that was actually the end of the book. :) Can't wait for Shadowfever!

message 17: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments The book spent the night on the woodpile but I did not have the heart to burn it. I am still pissed off over that ending.

message 18: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments See i have my own theory that the beast is either her sister or her Biological mother or father. Alot of people have dismissed this, but I point out that these are written in journal form, therefore they are written as if the events in the past.

Maybe the forth Fae prince is the prince who has been stalking Mac. (I have had a mind fart and can't remember who it is.)

message 19: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments I don't think the Beast was her sister bc Mac has sadly accepted her death and ready for vengence. I don't know if it's her biological mom/dad bc she doesn't know what they look like and has not established that "you're-my-world" type of thing. Who means the world to Mac?....hmmmmm....

I think it's Barrons! he's her world (even though she'd never admit it yet). It was so sad when Barrons realized Mac was recovering from being a Pri-ya and things would change.

Mac said, "don't leave me" and Barrons said, "I'm not but you are, Rainbow girl". This was one of the few times he had emotion...and emotion is weakness...sorry.

It all can be an illusion...KMM wouldn't pull that trick.

I think it's Barrons bc the Beast is in such GRIEF and Barrons is hidding lots of GRIEF, resentment, etc. The Beast is his curse and killing the Beast release him from the curse...

And if the book is 500-700, this will be a great introduction to Barrons' former long life. And finally give Mac a chance to nurse him back like how many times he save her butt already!

message 20: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) Also, re: the beast, it was described as male, so I think that would rule out it being her sister or mother.

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Um, ok, sudden horrible thought--what if Barrons is Mac's FATHER??????

message 22: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments What! No way. She had sex with him...Uck

message 23: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) | 528 comments NO WAY. I don't think Karen would do something that distasteful...

message 24: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Well someone's gotta be the daddy. Her mom died and gave her to the people who raised her or some kind of paperless adoption took place. It's sketchy. Are we sure her mom died? Are we even sure the sister is dead? Moning has left us a hot mess that's for sure.

message 25: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 62 comments All I know, is that if Shadowfever turns out to be as much of a dissapointment as Mockingjay I won't be able to take it. Logically, the beast could only be Jericho, so I'm sticking to the theory that Mac only thinks he is dead. If everyone is so scared of him, and he's been around for so long, who's to say he can be killed that easily? It will probably be a very anti-climactic beggining with him coming to, and then the real action will begin. Really, if Jericho is dead, how can this book end well, like Moning has said it would?

message 26: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Sep 04, 2010 09:53AM) (new)

Hey, I've had all this time to turn over every horrible thought that I could for this series. Which, lets face it, is the downside of leaving cliff-hangers like KMM does. Sigh, soon, soon, it will be out soon. (19 weeks, 3 days and counting--I've give up pretending that I'm NOT counting, ok?)

message 27: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments I won't say I am counting but I have told several close friends that if I die they need to get a psychic and reach out into the fade to give me peace about who Mac killed.

message 28: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments LOL...

who is everything to Mac? hmmmm...

What hold your interest until bk 5 comes out. I know it's off the topic.

I'm reading Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh and surprisingly it's holding my interest, yeahhhhh.

message 29: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Well, other than obsessing on when the next Fever book comes out. . . I keep busy with other authors I like.

C. E. Murphy, Patricia Briggs, Gena Showalter, Jennifer Crusie, Kresley Cole, Susan Sizemore, Naomi Novik, Joanne Fluke, a complete re-read of all the works of Andre Norton, Barbara Hambly, Kristine Grayson, Susan Sizemore, Shelly Laurenston, just to name a few.

message 30: by AH (new)

AH | 123 comments I've been reading Karen Moning's Highlander series while I wait for Shadowfever. The Mackeltars make an appearance in those books and I think that there are some hints for the Fever series. It's also a lot of fun to read - hunky Highlander, wee lass, time travel, some fae mischief, a few steamy hot scenes, and a happy ever after. Formulaic and fun.

message 31: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments After finishing the Guild Hunter Novel by N.Singh, I have 8 bks of the Highlanders waiting to be read too.

Believe it or not I have not venture the more famous authors like P.Briggs, K.Cole, etc. I'm quiet a newbie to PNR genre. I owe my reading and craziness to Twilight!

message 32: by AH (new)

AH | 123 comments The Highlander series doesn't disappoint!

message 33: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Well, other than obsessing on when the next Fever book comes out. . . I keep busy with other authors I like.

C. E. Murphy, Patricia Briggs, Gena Showalter, Jennifer Crusie, Kresley Cole, Susan ..."

Ann,

You mention Susan Sizemore. Have you read "Laws of the Blood"? If so, don't you think that series ended in a bit of a cliffhanger. I assume it's over since she has not written any more installments for years.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I just talked to my best friend and she too is obsessed w the fever series, and anxiously awaiting January! She is in the barrons is the unseelie king camp. I'm not sure that I agree with her, but we both agree that barrons is her HEA so he can't be dead and how sweet was he with her when he was bringing her back! I <3 Barrons!

message 35: by Debi (new)

Debi (debjm51) I am also nuts about this series and I think it was either barrons or christian who died at the end of Dreamfever..can hardly wait for Shadowfever to be release so I can find out..LOL!!

message 36: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments It's funny you would consider Christian. He was not a suspect for me because he is off in another reality but...who knows.

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I thought that Christian was in this reality with Mac, but that they got separated before landing. I always believed that he was in the same reality, just lost. Based on that logic it would be very possible that Christian is the dead beast. Also, just gonna throw it out there, but maybe the dreamy eyed boy was the 4th person who was there turning her pri-ya. Maybe?

message 38: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments There was something odd about dreamy eyed boy, but I'm in the camp leaning more towards him being the UK. There are so many questions to answer in Shadowfever! I don't think she's going to bring all of them to light, especially with the spin-off series{?}.

message 39: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments I am going back and re-read the book in December otherwise I am really going to be confused.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I'm not sure that I see the dreamy eyed boy as the UK since she didn't know he was other until his reflection soje to her, but then again he could have just been masking his nature. Whatever he is, I'm convinced that its bad.

message 41: by Debi (last edited Sep 04, 2010 10:19PM) (new)

Debi (debjm51) A friend of mine that read the series too..brought up that she believes it was Barrons that she and Ryodan killed because of what she says at the end about losing Everything. I am still stuck on Barrons or Christian..LOL!! I don't think I want it to be Barrons so badly I don't want to see it..LOL!!

As for Dreamy eyed boy I am not sure what that one is up too..but I sure don't trust him as far as I could throw that one..LOL

message 42: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments Dreamy eyed boy and Christian and even Vlane had never been her everything though, at least that's not what I gathered.

In term of interest, I think Vlane came in second after Barrons even though Mac came first...if Vlane can have it his way. His Queen came in first bc of duty and responsibility. Mac has chosen Barrons over Vlane a few times. I like Vlane, but I don't think he's here everything.

message 43: by Debi (new)

Debi (debjm51) I know Crazy4more just don't want to face that it is Barrons..LOL!! But I do see your point and your right..smiles.

message 44: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2895 comments ...never fear, if the Beast was Barrons...Mac has killed the curse! that's what I'm sticking with.

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 162 comments I just finished the series on Sept 2nd. I totally should have waited to read them till after the other was out...oh the cliffhangers! I loved the books so much!!

message 46: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) I was just on KMM's facebook page and she replied to a fan's post about the page count not matching what she had posted. Here is what she said:

Karen Marie Moning: "All of what I wrote, minus the copy edits will be in Shadowfever but the page count will be different then what I typed due to different font sizes and spacing."

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather | 60 comments Barrons is totally that UK. They wouldn't go out of their way to say how strong her was and to have the shades and V'lane fear him, just to make him the beast. The UK is the biggest, strongest baddy in town and that totally fits Barrons. The dreamy eyed boy just doesn't intimidate Mac like Barrons and no one is scared of him.

message 48: by Stacie (new)

Stacie H. (staciemh) | 75 comments Ya'll are just making me crazy with the speculating because I really really want to know what happens!!! That said...okay, so, I am with everyone that thinks that Barrons is the beast because of his thrill of blood and killing, the beast's demanding personality that tells Mac what to do, and because of the teaser that KMM put on her webpage that says something about the beast being Barrons. As for dreamy-eyed guy, I think he is the UK...the other princes look fairly similar and never turn off the sex thingy, but there is never a time that Mac wants to rip off her clothes when around the dreamy-eyed guy and he does say in the bar scene not to talk to "it", which I interpreted to be the book. I honestly think that Barrons was the boy in the cage that Mac reads about that was brought by the fairy princess and then probably later that is who he kills, which if he grew up with the Seelie, it would at least partially explain why the Unseelie don't touch him and he can see them. Ooo...what is the UK is Mac's dad?

message 49: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments Has anyone seen the cover for Shadowfever? What do you make of the wings on the woman's back? Is that supposed to be Mac?

The bookcover can be seen here: Shadowfever.

message 50: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

tattoos. But who is she? And why the wings? Or are they real wings that "hide" as tattoos when not in use. Sigh, I do so love agonizing over these questions--NOT. I just keep telling myself, its only another 12 weeks and 4 days.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Andre Norton (other topics)