What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Fantasy: Girl is magical but doesn't know it, joins a magician on a journey, she is good at weaving [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (misssheryl) | 2 comments I read this book a few months to a year ago and can't remember the title or author. I believe it was published fairly recently, probably anywhere from a year to three years ago.

It begins with a girl (the main character) who lives in a village that has been in a drought since she was born. I think either the village is attacked or soldiers pass through and she is taken away by a traveling magician/wizard. She is good at weaving and fixes the magical cloaks he uses to do his magic (I believe his cloaks are multiple colors). They are pursued by another magician and are trying to make their way to a specific destination (the capital maybe?).

I think that the girl is actually magical (or a focus for magic/absorbs magic, something like that) but doesn't know it and the wizard puts some sort of bracelet/necklace on her to control the magic. I don't remember what the cover looked like but I think the book was aimed towards children or tweens.

Any help identifying this book would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 59 comments Sounds like Brightly Woven to me.

message 3: by Sheryl (new)

Sheryl (misssheryl) | 2 comments Thanks Valerie! I will have to request it from my library and read it again. :)

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 59 comments Your Welcome!