Delirity discussion

Author S > Psy-Changeling - N. Singh

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jun 03, 2014 09:43AM) (new)

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments These are really fun ones. The concept with the Psy is very different from anything else that is out there.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Is it romance or erotica? Or on the line? It looks like it might be too much for me.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments This is one series where the covers should be ignored. The story as far as romance/sex aren't any worse than Lora Leigh's breed series or Christine Feehan's series. Not quite all the way to erotica, but not your mother's staid romance book.

message 5: by Heather (new)

K. I just don't want to find myself reading orgy scenes.

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments No, the only scenes are one on one.

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have them on my list because I was told to ignore the covers as well. A lot of people have recommended them to me so I figure I will give the first one a shot.

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Heather wrote: "Is it romance or erotica? Or on the line? It looks like it might be too much for me."

These are mainstream paranormal romance, not erotica. The sex scenes are about the same as what you would find in other popular PNR series by Kresley Cole, Jeanette Frost, JR Ward, Sherilyn Kenyon, etc.

Psy Changelings is one of the better paranoral romance series available. Highly original world building, great character development, fast paced engrossing storyline, and good romance!

The first book Slave to Sensation is one of my favorites in the series. Other favorites include Blaze of Memory, Branded by Fire, and Stroke of Enticement (anthology).

And I agree about ignoring the covers. They are so lame, but the books are much better.

message 9: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Did you have to read these in order? I've only read the first book

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments It does help to read them in order as there is a larger story arc going on. Plus the world is a different one and in the first couple they explain in more in depth.

message 11: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika thank you :)

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I think they are ok, this series is much better.

message 13: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have the first couple in this series, but haven't read them yet. I plan to next year though. I really liked the first GH book, but haven't read the second yet. I read a short story for the GH series and it was pretty good for a shorty.

message 14: by Heather (new)

I liked Guild Hunters and I liked book 1 of this one. I think I took to the first Guild book more, but that's because aparently the changling-changling books are better than the psy-changling ones are.

message 15: by Heather (new)

THe short story was what got me into the series.

message 16: by Paula (last edited Dec 15, 2010 10:23AM) (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I know I started Slave to Sensation, but I don't think I finish it. It wasn't bad. I don't believe that I decided to stop reading it and I currently can't find my copy of 'Slave to Sensation' in my piles of books. Mmmm, I'll have to look some more.

message 17: by Zuleika (new)

Zuleika Stacia wrote: "Has anyone read both this series and Guild Hunters by the same author? I'm curious which one to try first, and am looking ahead to see which series are going to go onto upcoming challenge reads."

I think both series are good but I liked the Guild Hunters a lot more. Both are very steamy with interest worlds, but I think GH has a more exciting plot/setting (instead of paranormal romance, I would describe it more as urban fantasy romance). I also like that the series follows the same two characters, instead of switching to a new couple each book

message 18: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 126 comments At the moment i'am reading Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		 (vivianvivianvivian) I love this series, although whenever I reread them and look at the covers I find myself cringing. HAHAHA.

Guild Hunters is a fantastic series :)

message 20: by Heather (new)

I don't love the covers either. Blaze of Memory has the guy with a gun on it when the character doesn't even have a gun at any point in the story. He's not a cop or an agent so it makes no sense.
I'm reading #10 now.

message 21: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments You will be caught up now Heather.

message 22: by Heather (new)

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Heather (new)

Just got the newest one in from the library. I'm very excited.

message 24: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments There are some surprises in this one. As a heads up, it moves slowly.

message 25: by Heather (new)

I really need to finish this one. I'm half way through and I keep getting distracted. I use to have a hard time reading on my kindle, but now I'm starting to struggle with books. That's not right. I should always appreciate the book. Even though it's a poor dead tree.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I'm reading Shards of Hope. I love how this romance seems more sweet and intense.

While normally I love all the world building and background stuff I don't mind that this is more of a setup piece. Building up what it clearly going to be the next conflict/enemy.

I'm really hopeful that the RainFire clan will be explored in future books.

message 27: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "I'm reading Shards of Hope. I love how this romance seems more sweet and intense.

While normally I love all the world building and background stuff I don't mind that this is more of a setup piece..."

I agree with you about the romance. I have a feeling that RainFire will show up more. Or at least I hope they do. They bring about a different dynamic.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Oh, I really hope they do!!!

It's funny but this series is one of the few PNR series that I faithfully stick with anymore.

Cole's IAD is the only other one and that's just by sheer force of will now. Hoping she'll do more world building and spice up her "love formula".

message 29: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I couldn't get into IAD, didn't work for me.

message 30: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Jul 18, 2015 06:43PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments I can totally see why. I'm really starting to fall out of love with IAD. All of the annoying aspects can't really be ignored anymore.

Especially now that every male lead seems to be an ass. The tough women are crying damsels and . . . no world building. The sex is starting to get stale too.

AT least her YA series is good. It's forcing her to leave her comfort zone.

message 31: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Lost where I am on this, think I ODed to begin with