Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What do you do when your team signs a player you can't stand?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I usually try to give them the benefit of the doubt initially if the player actually has skills. Sometimes a new team/city changes an attitude. However, I would never buy anything with that players number and if nothing seems to have changed re:attitude, work ethic, etc. I wouldn't cut him/her any slack and would heckle relentlessly. I also would send a message (probably by snail mail because it would more likely be read than one of thousands of e-mails) to the ownership/mgmt letting them know how I felt as a fan. It won't change anything, but it would make me feel better.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments wow. thinking about this i am pretty sure i would still not like him. like i can't stand shaq either (i didn't even like typing his name) and i could not see myself ever rooting for him. trying to think of guys i really can't stand....

message 3: by Jonathan (last edited Aug 19, 2010 08:32PM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments It's tough. I really haven't been able to watch the Yankees with much enthusiasm since they signed A-Rod. He may put up great numbers, but he's just not a person that I can admire. Probably a similar situation for you and Shaq, Charly--no?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've been a longtime Cowboys fan and stuck with my team even when TO was on it.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is an excellent question. For a bit there were rumors of Brett F. joining the Bears...that would have been really, really hard. I don't mind crazyass players (e.g. Rodman) but the currently playing equivalents of Roger Clemens...I'd have a hard time with that.

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb RandomAnthony wrote: " For a bit there were rumors of Brett F. joining the Bears ..."

Does the F stand for Fonzie?
*whistles and leaves sports thread*

message 7: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments I continue to hate them unless they play well. I then magically start to like them.
I also like a big star acquisition unless he plays bad, then I hate him.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Arminius wrote: "I continue to hate them unless they play well. I then magically start to like them.
I also like a big star acquisition unless he plays bad, then I hate him."

you have summed up how i feel but didn't realize it til just now. thanks

message 9: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "Arminius wrote: "I continue to hate them unless they play well. I then magically start to like them.
I also like a big star acquisition unless he plays bad, then I hate him."

you have summed up ho..."

@Arminius. short, sweet, and to the point! me three!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.