Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Tina's IR reads for 2010

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments January

Baby Under the Mistletoe (A Little Secret) (Harlequin Superromance, #1604) by Jamie Sobrato - 3 Stars - Good story, great side characters and subplots, needed to be longer.

Tempting Faith (Indigo Love Spectrum) by Crystal Hubbard - 3 stars - Great writing. Liked the characters better when they were younger. Heroine was a bit irritating.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Tina, I have that Superromance in my tbr pile. Might read it for Christmas this year.

message 3: by Tina (last edited Aug 19, 2010 06:26AM) (new)

Tina | 1379 comments February

Go Fetch! (Magnus Pack, #2) by Shelly Laurenston - 4 Stars - (bw/wm)- 2nd book in Laurenston's Pack Challenge Series. This author is my crack! This book features smart-alek, mouthy geek Miki. Whole series is awesome. WARNING: Steamy Sex Scenes.

The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4) by Shelly Laurenston - 4 stars (aw/wm) - 4th book in Laurenston's Pride series. Read the whole series, really. The best parts are getting to know all the friends and characters in all the books. They are all a hoot. WARNING: Steamy Sex Scenes.

Hunting Season (The Gathering, #1) by Shelly Laurenston - 4 stars - (bw/wm) - Nice change up paranormal genre. In this one Laurenston uses Norse mythology and Avenging bird shifters as the basis of the story. Loved the 'crayola box' races of the female crows contrasted with the pure Nordic of the male Ravens and the teasing that ensues between the two groups. Hope this is the first a series. Warning: VERY steamy Sex scenes.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments July

My Angel by Denise Skelton - 4 stars (bw/wm)- Good pacing, soap operish elements (which I love), nice friends to lovers story. Accessible and polished writing. New author to me but will definitely look up other books by her. Despite the cover, this is NOT erotica, not even close.

Mixed Reality by Chamein Canton - 3 stars - (bw/wm)- Another new to me author whose other works I will look up. Well written. Love the relationship between the h/h -- I really like to read already married stories once in awhile. Political stuff in the book was a nice plus as well.

Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston - 5 stars - (bw/wm) - 5th in the Laurenston's Pride series. Blayne who is BFF with Gwen gets her own story and A Russian/Asian hero. Can be read as a stand alone but readers who have read the preceding Pride books will get a much stronger appreciation of the story. A lot of previous characters make an appearance. Warning: really steamy sex scenes.

Aaren by T.A. Ford - 3 stars - (bw/wm) - Great writing and an atmospheric story of a couple who were madly in love in high school and reconnect later as adults.

Never Say Never (Love Spectrum) by Michele Cameron - 1 star - (bw/wm). Did not like. My Review says it all

About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2) by G.A. Aiken - 5 stars - (bw/wm). Shelly Laurenston writing as G.A. Aiken. This is the second book in her Dragon Kin series. Dragon shifters. SF/Fant style World building. This series rocks so hard! Probably my favorite of all the series she's written. Warning: really steamy Sex scenes.

Stripped by Marcia Colette - 3 stars - (bw/wm) - Great start, great finish, Muddled middle. Also NOT a romance. I was expecting Para romance but actually got more Urban Fantasy thriller stuff. Good, polished writing though, but I wasn't sucked in enough to look for the next book in the series.

Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. Nelson - 1 star - (bw/wm). One of the very few IR books that I rate a DNF. Here's My review

In the Midnight Rain by Ruth Wind - 4 stars - (bw/wm) - Very southern family secrets drama. Really enjoyed it.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads up on these books. I am going to check ou Aeren.

message 6: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Good to hear Mixed Reality was a good read. That's on my shortlist of books to check out. I like married romances also. :-)

message 7: by Tina (last edited Aug 29, 2010 03:53PM) (new)

Tina | 1379 comments August

Love Script by Tiffany Ashley - 3 stars - (bw/wm). I had no idea this was IR when I got it. I think it was a kindle freebie. So I was completely surprised. Writing was great. The book could not want to make up it's mind if it wanted to be erotica or romance. I took off an entire star b/c the hero was a slut and he and heroine didn't have safe sex. But otherwise it was actually a good read. WARNING: very explicit sex.

One Evening in London (1st Edition) by Rae Lori - 3 stars - (bw/wm). Very short and very sweet. Nicely written with a intense relationship.

currently:

Naked by Megan Hart 5-stars - (bw/wm). Excellent book that is delves into issues of sexual, racial, cultural and religious identity. Features a very likeable heroine and a hot and heck hero. WARNIGN: frank explorations of sexuality including one instance of m/m relations. But I still would not consider it erotica.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments October

Happily Even After by Lena Matthews 4.5 (almost 5!) stars. (bw/wm). Wonderful and emotional story with two leads who have great chemistry. The writing and plotting is excellent. I fell in love with the hero because he was a good man and a wonderful father. WARNING: Hot sex scenes. Not an erotica but the sexual language is frank.

Under The Gun Special Ops (Silhouette Intimate Moments) (Silhouette Intimate Moments) by Lyn Stone 3 1/2 stars (bw/wm). This is an older silhouette that I've had on my TBR forever and finally broke down and got it from Amazon Marketplace for $.01 and shipping. It was really quite good. Very action packed and the relationship was wonderful. This is a Silhouette, so nothing rally spicy sexually. But some great sexual tension. No racial conflict whatsoever just some matter of fact discussion about the differences in the H/H background (he's aristocratic silver spoon, she's from South side of Chicago).

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Shelly Laurenston is a brilliant writer!

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments Oh, I agree. I've read all her stuff. Even novellas and I generally don't like shorter form stuff. I talk her up every chance I get.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Her books make me laugh out loud in the most quite places......