Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Pleae fix the series info on this book.

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments Since apparently GR has a separate field for series data, and doesn't want to 'clutter up' the title itself, this book is definitely wrongly described.

Hobby

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets long fast with different books.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments I'm guessing if we find one book in a series that's wrong, the librarian who volunteers to fix it should check the others, too. Anyone want to tackle:

Charlie Bone and the Red Knight and the previous seven?

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Cheryl wrote: "Since apparently GR has a separate field for series data, and doesn't want to 'clutter up' the title itself, this book is definitely wrongly described.

Hobby

I wouldn't be surpr..."

Got it...

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Cheryl wrote: "I'm guessing if we find one book in a series that's wrong, the librarian who volunteers to fix it should check the others, too. Anyone want to tackle:

[book:Charlie Bone and the Red Knight|655466..."

Got it too.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments The Hork-Bajir Chronicles - it is part of the Animporphs series, as in, it would make no sense for a reader to pick this up at random and read it as a stand-alone. So the current (Animorphs) note stuffed into the title is good. If you add the series note to the data field, that would be good, too. Numbering it is going to be a bit more difficult - but you want to try because it should be read somewhere in the midst of the series (I forget where) for best coherence.

And to clarify, whoever looks at this, there are 54 books in the regular series and several books that are meant to be read alongside of it, in certain places. (And don't get confused, the Megamorphs are not omnibuses.)

Anyone trying to read these books would really appreciate care taken by the dedicated librarian to be absolutely accurate. And they are excellent books for reluctant readers; my three sons and I all loved them despite the fact that we have quite different tastes. :)

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments I can hit this as my weekend project. Looks like the regular series is in decent shape, so I have something to work with....

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments Oh, and the alternamorphs are weird and don't really belong at all - I recommend giving them their own series, as the current "clutter" in the title suggests.
Example: The Next Passage

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Okay, Cheryl. I have the 54 main books with the Chronicles and Megamorphs inserted in the order. I also made sub-series for each of those, which you'll see if you link directly to one of the books.

As far as the alternamorphs, the system seems to have already placed them in a set, and I haven't linked those to the main series, just keeping them separate.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments Sounds good Chris - I'll need to investigate to make sure you got the other 'alongside' stories, too, because you didn't mention them. But my kid is calling to me now, plz excuse.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Are there more alongside stories then? I was thinking that what the Chronicles and Megamorphs were. Just let me know if there are any I missed.

Oh, and I numbered those with .5 between the books as they fall in line with the series.

message 11: by Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (last edited Aug 21, 2010 11:48AM) (new)

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 362 comments Ok, just to maybe do this the most helpful way, I went to my box of the entire physical set.

I've got Ellimist Chronicles, Hork-Bajir Chronicles, andalite chronicles (don't ask me why, but that is not capitalized on cover or spine), and Visser (which is about one Andalite in particular and is not called a chronicle).

That means the 54 main/originals, the Megamorphs, and these additional 4. So probably if you missed any it would only be Visser, and to me when I go to that book page it looks good so I think you're done! :)

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 159 comments Yeah, I saw on wikipedia where those 4 were called the "Chronicles" so that's what I bunched them as.

Wasn't that difficult, since 53 of the original 54 were linked already. All I did was find the other one and then the extras.

message 14: by S.W. (new)

S.W. Hubbard | 38 comments I am trying to create a series for my two novels:Another Man's Treasure and Treasure of Darkness. They should be in the Palmyrton Estate Sale Mystery Series.

Right now, Another Man's Treasure is grouped as part of my other series, The Frank Bennett Adirondack Mystery series, which should include only these books: Take the Bait, Swallow the Hook, Blood Knot and Dead Drift

I tried to do this myself, but the "edit" link I clicked just took me back to my update feed. Please help. Thanks!