Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > The metaphorical and literal afternoon tea thread....

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, Bunwat gave me an idea. We probably all don't pause much in midday to breathe and maybe do something small, like afternoon tea (although I suppose that can be not small sometimes). So this thread is a reminder and reporting venue for small things you do mid-afternoon to remind yourself that life is not just a mad rush from place to place and getting work done. Any recommendations are appreciated, too.

I'm going to sit here and breathe for about sixty seconds and remind myself life is good. Then I'm going to make some tea.

message 2: by janine (last edited Aug 17, 2010 01:16PM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments i just served tea in the lunch box thread. great minds...

message 3: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments OH! Do we get to have cranberry scones and clotted cream? Because I freaking love that clotted cream stuff.

message 4: by Barb (new)

Barb Clotted cream? That doesn't sound very pleasant to me ...

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments It tastes like heavy cream, but the consistency is more like whipped cream.

message 6: by Barb (new)

Barb Oooooh - that doesn't sound like spoilt dairy at all!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Did I eat lunch? I think I need to eat lunch...

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Holy bejesus is this tea good...

http://www.amazon.com/Numi-Indian-Nig...

Also, I've been struggling to do the mid-afternoon tea thing. For example, yesterday I planned on hitting the library at lunch and reading for a bit before class. Didn't happen.

message 9: by Barb (new)

Barb Hmm ... I think I tried vanilla tea not that long ago and wasn't too fond of it.
I used to drink butt-loads of plain ol' green tea, but I've reverted back to coffee all through the day. I really should swap my afternoon cup out for tea.

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments RA, I love pretty much anything from Numi.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) My mom and I went to a tea house last week and got a chocolate tea. It was quite tasty.

Oh, and in regard to an earlier comment. Clotted cream is good. I like both it and lemon curd with my scones.

message 12: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7069 comments I like clotted cream on a plane,
I even like it on a train. (Apologies to Dr. Seuss).

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24071 comments Mod
I don't like vanilla flavored teas. And chocolate tea sounds kind of nasty!

I'm a Lapsang Souchong kind of person....love the way it smells like a Home Depot.