Pirate Romance discussion

Pirate Romances > All-time favorites!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) | 89 comments Mod
So, what are some of your absolute favorite pirate romances?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 549 comments Mod
Maybe we could have a group "pirate read"? anyone interested?..we could nomainte some?

Sandi, that sounds like fun! I'll make a thread!

Great Jana thanks! just would like to see more suggestions..and some action here..maybe this will get the ball rolling..come on ladies! :)

message 6: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Sep 13, 2010 06:03AM) (new)

We could all "invite a friend" as well..since there isnt many of us...there has to be other pirate lovers out there..new or old books..

message 8: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments My all time favorite is A Pirate's Pleasure. It was the first historical romance novel that I ever read, and since I did not know what to expect (being new to romance plots and all), I did not see the big plot twist coming.. which made the book that much greater.

Oh yeah...that was & is a good one! would be a great group month read..what else have you read SmittenKitten? got any good recommends?

There are lots of books where the pirate is the leading lady in the book..a good example Captive Passions by Fern Michaels this was a great series! maybe we could do a thread on our favorite "female" pirates?
what do you think Jana?

message 11: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Sandi wrote: "There are lots of books where the pirate is the leading lady in the book..a good example Captive Passions by Fern Michaels this was a great series! maybe we could do a ..."

Oh, female pirates! I actually read the first 50 pages of Captive Passions a few days ago just because of all the talk about it on the BR forum... definitely a bodice ripper, it had the most hard core scene I've read in a book thus far...

I'm totally cool with whatever threads you guys want to do! Feel free to start as many threads as you want!

Ok thanks Jana..just didnt want to overstep any boundries without your ok :)

You're fine. :) Thanks for asking, though!

message 15: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, and he's only a pirate for 1/4th of the book... *sigh*

Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, and he's only a pirate for 1/4th of the book... *sigh*"

Good Sabrina! I knew you'd find something here! I like my pirate reads to BE "pirate reads" ( female pirates that take control & capture the guy are my fav), I cant stand it when the outside jacket tells nothing of a great pirate read but..it isnt and what a dissapointment when that happens..Marsha Canham is the best for "high adventure & romance on the sea..I know Verity can vouch for that ..she being a big fan:)

SmittenKitten wrote: "My favorites to date! (pirate & ship captain romances)

The Wind and the Sea
The Windflower
A Pirate's Pleasure
Pirate Royale
[book:Embrace ..."

"WHAT!?!?..."Oh Whew"..she's just kidding... :O

message 19: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I couldn't resist! ;)

What a train-wreak of a book!

message 20: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, and he's only a pirate for 1/4th of the book....."

Oh yes, I agree!! I love the thrill when the female has the upper hand!! The closest I got to a really good female pirate was a YA series called Bloody Jack. If you're ever up for something low key and witty, I would highly recommend this :3 I just adore the main character!!

Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, and he's only a pirate for 1/4th..."

I have that series but havent started it yet..looks fun tho..

message 22: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, and he's only a ..."

The first 2 books introduce and set everything up (they are still very good!) but once you hit the 3rd book, the series hits the ground running ^^ She's a sailor, a pirate, a spy, a soldier, an entertainer, a proper lady while still being a girl raised by beggers and thieves, a prisoner (practically in every book!)and a whole lot more. The series also comes with its share of romance! She has a fiance from the first book and she stays loyal to him through out the series, but in every book, there's 1 or 2 lads who fall head over heels for her ;)

Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance was The Prize, an..."

Oh...this does sound good..have you read them all?

message 24: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pirate romance w..."

I've read all the ones that are published. The series is still going on but the story seems to be wrapping up now and tying loose ends so it might end in 2 or 3 more books :)

Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I got to a decent pi..."

Ive got the most recent one..but I wait till the HC comes in paperback..I think III start when the final book is done..hopefully your right & its only 2 or 3 more!

message 26: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, the closest I go..."

I hope so too, but I'm pretty sure the ending is near. The guys that have been after her since book 2 are getting their happy endings so it's only a matter of time until all of her admirers settle down. I'm going to be sad when it ends though. She's a memerable character. She's so theatrical so when she's escaping from prisons and ships, she'll beat everyone, take the ship, or blow it up, or leave everyone tied up and say a witty comment and leave.

My favorite was when she made the men walk the plank blind fold, with nothing on. She was telling them of how they would die painfully and how god would not have mercy on them for what they did and how Davey Jones would love to have them and then she shoves them off into a shallow river and leaves them abandoned in the Mississippi River. It's much funnier in the book XD and all the while she's a 16 year old taking on people in their 40s.

message 27: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited May 01, 2011 02:08AM) (new)

Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

Unfortunatly, th..."

I have a friend reading them and she loves the characters,the adventure,and loves "Bloody Jack's
"sense of humor..

message 28: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (keka001) | 28 comments Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "Sandi wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "yay! I have a new list of pirate books to read now !!! :D

..."

:D she's a very lovable character!