Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > I refuse to call this news

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments "Levi Johnston's manager, Tank Jones, on Monday confirmed a report on Variety magazine's website that Johnston is planning to run for city office in his hometown of Wasilla, Alaska, as part of a reality TV show."

How many things are wrong with this picture?

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) everything!

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The fact that his manager is named Tank Jones seems somehow perfect.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I posted on another thread this morning that some Victoria's Secret models were on Fox News this morning promoting a new kind of bra. I'm torn as to which of these two stories is less of a news story.

message 5: by Cambridge (last edited Aug 10, 2010 07:46AM) (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments What Random, Models and Bras NOT news? ;) . . . who doesn't love hot women and making boobs look better :). I vote Levi Johnston (not news!!) , who can can keep straight, engaged, not engaged, naked not naked... Idiot, not . . . Oh wait, definitely IDIOT :)

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the only brassiere that is not news to me is a nursing bra. that is like a cold shower and dead kittens to my libido

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments I live in NC and i absolutely abhor our local news. They have some of the stupidest shit on and call it news. One station comes on at 5.30am and stays on till 10.00am saying the same thing over and over every 30 minutes. Don't let us get a storm coming in, or a hurricane because then they beat it like a dead horse. They tell us it's coming and when it should hit, good grand wonderful and fine, but then stay on it all night long messing up the tv shows we all want to see. I could understand if something really bad had happened, but otherwise get on with the show. Also what pisses me off is they stop talking long enough to show the cermercials, and come back telling us more of the same! We all have a weather station. If it's as bad as their making it out to be i'm not watching them anyway, i'm somewhere praying for it to stop.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) We have a local news anchor (female) that can't get through a segment without stumbling over her words. It makes me wonder what (or who) she had to do to get the job.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments Does she smile all the time? Cindy Farmer our local news woman, smiles at everything. It gets very annoying. No one should be that happy all the damn time.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) What's the worst is when they do that smile transition after a really terrible news story.

YOU just told me that a hundred people died in a mudslide...wipe that smile off your face!

message 11: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Lori, you're in NC? Me too.

message 12: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 53 comments OMG LOL Is'nt that the truth!!!

So sorry all those people died, (SMILE) now who would like to adopt a puppy today?

Makes me want to smack the bitch.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24290 comments Mod
I don't want my newsreaders to have any facial expression whatsoever, no matter what celebratory occasion or offense against humanity is being explained. This is why I love the BBC.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24290 comments Mod
I once watched a newscast where the newsreader totally mangled a name from Greek mythology or something, I can't remember what it was. The wrong letters came out, and the wrong syllabic emphasis. You could hear his news partner, an older, much more experienced man, laughing next to him off camera, and not in a polite way.