Dying For A Bite discussion

Whatcha Readin'?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Whatcha readin'? Is it good? Do you like it? Recommend it?

I just started All Unquiet Things the other night and I'm not far enough yet to know if I like it. I've heard good things about it, though!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Beautiful Creatures

message 3: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna I am reading The Passage by Justin Cronin.It is excellent and I recommend it to read for everyone.It's not about all those romantic vampires.It's about the scary ones,try it.

message 4: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I've heard of both of those. Beautiful Creatures I already have on my list, but I didn't know The Passage had vampires. May have to look into that.

message 5: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna yes Holly it does but in a different kind of way.It is a science fiction actually.I better not spill more about it or it will lost its charm.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Ok. I'm going to find it. Sci-fi isn't always my favorite, but I've found some really awesome sci-fi series before.

message 7: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna It's not about vampire romance.So if you are looking for that it's not the book you want.It's totally something new and else in vampire genre.

message 8: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I love new vampire genres! The Drake Chronicles were kind of like that. It's a little like the Vampire Academy series, if you've read them, but different too. I really loved it.

message 9: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna No I haven't read them.I have planned to spend some times on angels for near future reading.

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Angels! That's a new section I should make. I wanted to put Hush, Hush in, but I couldn't really think of many other angel books to go with it.

message 11: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna Mortal Instrument series is also kind of about angels.Isn't it?

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Is it? I can't really remember. The next one in the series (and the spin-off) have Angels in the title, but I don't remember.

message 13: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I've never read Lord of the Rings. I've never seen the movies either.

message 14: by Sreeparna (last edited Aug 02, 2010 07:49AM) (new)

Sreeparna I haven'r read them.So may be I am mistaken.But I think I have seen them in some Angels book lists.

message 15: by Sreeparna (new)

Sreeparna @Holly You didn't see the Lord of the Rings movies!I thought everyone watched them ,at least all of my friends.
But I didn't like the books.I tried the 1st one but abandoned it in the middle.

message 16: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Nope, never seen the movies. I was a Potter nerd. I didn't find the premise of Lord of the Rings interesting.

message 17: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Pulliam (sandypllm) | 33 comments I'm reading Linger. So far it is pretty good but I have figured out then ending and I'm only half way through.

message 18: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Oh, I hate it when books do that. I haven't read Linger yet, but I want to.

message 19: by Heather (last edited Aug 03, 2010 12:28PM) (new)

Heather Currently, I'm reading "The Girl Who Played with Fire." An excellent series so far. Very intense...

I'm hoping to finish that up today, because I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advanced copy of "Paranormalcy" by Kiersten White. It comes out at the end of the month. I'm really excited to read this book and I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

message 20: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Yeah, I'd love to know how Paranormalcy is! I've heard mixed reviews so far.

message 21: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I'm reading In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner. I'm not very far in, but it's alright so far.

message 22: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I think I tried reading that before and I just couldn't get into it. Granted, I was probably 16 and chick-lit wasn't (and still isn't) my favorite genre. I don't think I got farther than maybe 30-40 pages.

message 23: by Yaz (new)

Yaz Hi
I'm reading Souless by Gail Carriger. It's a kind of historical and paranormal romance, with a bit of humour thrown in. It's good so far.

message 24: by Maron_pl (new)

Maron_pl | 4 comments Now I'm actually trying to read Dreg City, Full Moon Rising and - hell yeah- Pretty little liars(what? I want to know who killed Alison) and failing all the way around:( I think I will just have to look for other good reads... And about those angel books I would recommended The Maker's Song - yummy ;P

message 25: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I've heard of that. I have it on my to-read list, but I haven't gotten around to it, what with trying to keep up with all the series I've started.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather I was able to get my hands onto some really exciting and hot advanced reader copies... so, I'm currently reading "Nevermore" by Kelly Creagh. It comes out at the end of this month.

I'm really, really loving it. Actually, it's been a while since I've been extremely excited about a book. It just seems like lately every book I've read has been semi-okay. Nothing that knocks my socks off or anything.

I even feel like I want to slow down my reading so it's not over...

I also have the advanced copy of "Clockwork Angel" in my hot little hands. I'm just as thrilled to have that book too, with that being said, I'm not going to read "Nevermore" too slowly. Ha.

message 27: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Dude, that is not fair! I want advanced copies!

I'm crossing my fingers that I get an advanced copy of Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers. I entered the giveaway here on Goodreads and they're picking the winners right now. There are 40 copies, but 1863 people entered. Not awesome odds, but I've gotten advance copies this way before...

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather Oh man, I'll make you even more jealous... I have an advanced copy of Personal Demons too, and Crescendo, Torment, Haunted, and a few others. I felt like it was Christmas the other day when I walked away with all these advanced copies from the library I work at.

message 29: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Oh my gosh! You're so lucky. I'd be reading all day to try to finish some of them. And I'm starting school soon, so I'm not going to have any free time.

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather Trust me... I wish I had nothing but time to read. I wouldn't leave my house for at least a month with the books I have with me right now. I do feel lucky!

Plus, Mocking Jay comes out too in a little over a week and a half. I can not wait for that book either.

message 31: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Wow! You're so lucky Heather! All those books sound amazing!

message 32: by MaryLeauna (new)

MaryLeauna I'm currently reading Deception by Lee Nichols.

And you're so lucky Heather! I'm so jealous.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather If you all thought I was lucky about those other books... you have no freaking idea how lucky I really am! I'm currently holding and reading Mockingjay. I think I may pass out or hyperventilate. Maybe both. Life is just too good sometimes.

message 34: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) :O WHAT?! I'm now officially completely jealous. That is insanity.

message 35: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
About a week and a half before us normals can get that one. Anyway, I'm reading a book now called The Sky Is Everywhere and it's pretty touching. It's real and I don't know what's going to happen in it. I'm liking it.

message 36: by Heather (new)

Heather I've wanted to read that.

message 37: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
It's really good. I just finished it. Everything's so real and heartfelt. I loved it.

message 38: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Pulliam (sandypllm) | 33 comments Now reading "White is for Magic". I liked "Blue is For Nightmares" so we will see how this one goes.

message 39: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I'm reading Deadline by Chris Crutcher. It's stunning.

message 40: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
I loved Deadline, but I haven't read Sandra's. It's by Laurie Staltz(?) right? She wrote a series I absolutely love. The Touch series. They have "deadly" in every title.

message 41: by Holly (new)

Holly | 142 comments Mod
Wow...it's a really slow day on Goodreads today. There's hardly been any action...

message 42: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I loved Deadline too, it was sooo sad at the end. I had to force myself not to cry!
Blue Is For Nightmares and the Touch series sound good!
I'm reading North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley.
I know, eh? It is pretty slow today, I normally have 30+ emails from Goodreads, today I only had 12.

message 43: by Noël (new)

Noël | 21 comments So...I finally read The Hunger Games. It was amazing, I absolutely LOVED it. North of Beautiful is good, it's one of my favorite books. It portrays such a touching story and I loved the characters. Right now I'm re reading When It Happens by Susane Colasanti.

message 44: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) I'm glad you liked The Hunger Games. They're stunning. I really like North of Beautiful, I'm especially liking Jacob :P And I don't think I've heard of When It Happens.. is it good?

message 45: by Noël (new)

Noël | 21 comments Jacob is adorable, and the ending was almost perfect. When It Happens is good, at least in my opinion. It's the first book I read of Susane's. I absolutely loved it too. It's a book with characters that you can relate to. I've decided that I'm going to reread all of the books I haven't read in a while and write a review, because I haven't written too many of them. So I'm starting with this one :)

message 46: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, that's awesome. I'll check out When It Happens right now! :)

message 47: by Noël (new)

Noël | 21 comments I hope you like it =]

message 48: by Heather (last edited Aug 15, 2010 07:23PM) (new)

Heather I really enjoyed North of Beautiful too. I loved the message. Jacob reminded me of a young Brandon Lee.

message 49: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Who is Brendon Lee?

message 50: by Heather (new)

Heather He was the actor in the movie The Crow. Unfortunately, he died during filming. His dad was Bruce Lee. Brandon was really cute, half white the other half Chinese.

« previous 1