This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
when people scrape their teeth on silverware.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Servius Heiner (last edited Jun 22, 2008 09:32PM) (new)

Servius  Heiner Honestly, that sound just drives right into my Abdulla oblongata. Don’t you people know what you are doing to your teeth, and my ears! I find that these are the same people that also enjoy, slapping their gums when eating, using the fork as a ram rod to plow more food into their mouths. Really folks see a shrink, and eat like you have a couple of brain cells in your head, savor the flavor.

message 2: by Carlie (new)

Carlie you are eating around the WRONG people sweetie.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hee! I'm mentally savoring the idea of a little devout Muslim in my brain! Much more fun than the medulla oblongata!

(I love words put together in a way that leads to a totally unexpected image!)

Certain people + certain foods = horrible noises. Careless people eating sloppy fast food always gets to me. I can hear from here how mushy that hamburger bun must be. Ew.

Servius  Heiner I can not eat AT a fast food for that very reason.

Jackie "the Librarian" I drive Chris crazy when I eat pumpkin seeds, with all the little cracking noises.

message 6: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) Sarah, your description almost made me throw up in my mouth. That is one of my biggest pet peeves and churns my stomach just thinking about it.

message 7: by Carlie (new)

Carlie sarah, I really didnt need that description.

message 8: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) I have a friend who eats so quickly he actually makes noises, kind of like cookie monster but not endearing at all.

Graum maum muam raum graum *big throaty gulp* GRAUM maum maum...raum...aum...burp.

I can't handle it, it makes my flesh crawl.

He does work as a nifty appetite suppressant, though.

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell There's this guy at this coffee shop I go to that hums when he eats.

message 10: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) I've heard people do that before!

Is it aimless or does he carry a recognizable tune?

message 11: by Carlie (new)

Carlie Isn't that dangerous?

message 12: by Tesse (last edited Jun 24, 2008 10:02AM) (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Carlie,

How?

Choking hazard?

Running the risk a fellow diner, friend or spouse is going to bludgeon you with flatware?

message 13: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell No tune, just a single note. A flat, I think.

message 14: by Tesse (new)

Tesse (hooksinmyhead) Ah.

I don't have "Talking in Your Sleep" stuck in my head, I have a single flat note with chewing noises.

Terrific.

message 15: by Carlie (new)

Carlie Choking hazard Tesse

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I can handle slurping. It's gooey chewing noises (most often related to gummy, mushy fast food) that I can't stand. The sound of a big mac and the sound of a decent slab of meat at a restaurant are entirely different.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.