Stephenie Meyer Fans discussion

If Stephenie Meyer wrote another novella

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emi B (new)

Emi B (emib) Who do you think it should be about and what book should it be linked off???

message 2: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) If she writes a new novella I think it should be Breaking Dawn strictly from Edward's point of view.

message 3: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 16 comments I thought New Moon from Edwards point of view, or Leah's story!

message 4: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) I think Leah's story would be good.

message 5: by Emi B (new)

Emi B (emib) I think it would be good if she wrote a book in the werewolves pint of view just for something a bit different =)

VampirePrinzess (wanita) | 4 comments i think it should new moon in edward's piont of veiw, like mairead stated.

message 7: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 16 comments Has to be better than Bella's POV in New Moon. He went on a wold wide rampage! :D Good old fashioned fun!

message 8: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Twilight from Edwards POV
New Moon in three books: Book 1- Edward, Book 2- Alice, Book 3- Edward
Eclipse in three books: Book 1- Edward, Book 2- Jacob, Book 3- Edward
Breaking Dawn from Edward's POV.

What do you think??

VampirePrinzess (wanita) | 4 comments wow those r all like, really good ideas
and when is midnight sun coming out?

message 10: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Wanita wrote: "wow those r all like, really good ideas
and when is midnight sun coming out?"

Whenever Stephenie Meyer recovers from being violated and humiliated. God, I feel so bad for her. I could just choke the joker who hacked into her computer.

message 11: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 16 comments They didn't hack. It was someone she knew that she gave a manuscript to, and she knows who it was.

message 12: by person (last edited Jul 14, 2010 07:40AM) (new)

person (iwasachild) Mairead wrote: "They didn't hack. It was someone she knew that she gave a manuscript to, and she knows who it was."

Really?!

message 13: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 16 comments I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe I dreamt it. But I rememeber something about her marking each manuscript, so she knew who leaked it.

message 14: by VampirePrinzess (new)

VampirePrinzess (wanita) | 4 comments Mairead wrote: "I thought I read that somewhere. Maybe I dreamt it. But I rememeber something about her marking each manuscript, so she knew who leaked it."

thats sad and sucks at the same time!i really hate the person who did that! i mean if it weren't for them MAYBE we could be reading midnight sun rite now!

message 15: by person (last edited Jul 14, 2010 10:40AM) (new)

person (iwasachild) Yeah, it's totally sad AND it sucks. I just want to go up to Stephenie and hug her! Honestly, no one deserves to be so violated and hurt. And really, I could just punch whoever did it. Not only do I feel totally horrible for Stephenie, but it's possible we could be reading Midnight Sun at this very moment, had they not screwed everything up!!!

message 16: by VampirePrinzess (new)

VampirePrinzess (wanita) | 4 comments yeah totally
so um whens it comming out in stores?

message 17: by person (new)

person (iwasachild) Wanita wrote: "yeah totally
so um whens it comming out in stores?"

Stephenie Meyer hasn't said yet. She said she was putting it off indefinitely (after the illegal posting), but I really hoped she recovered by now. Gosh, that sounds really selfish, doesn't it? Hurry up, Stephenie, please recover so I can read Midnight Sun!! But anyway, she hasn't said when she's releasing it. Or even if she's working on it, for that matter.

message 18: by Werner (new)

Werner By way of helpful information for this group's moderators, all Goodreads moderators have broad discretion to permanently expel any group member. So you would be well within your rights (and duties) to expel trolls who don't meet the group's stated membership parameters, and who obviously join only to engage in personal abuse. You can also delete abusive comments, and psychotic posts like message 26.

As soon as I post this, I'll be "blocking" both Leah and Indianaronaldo (any Goodreader can do this by clicking on an option at the bottom of their profiles; it shields you from any of their posts and prevents them from accessing your profile or messaging you). But before you do this, I'd urge you to use the "flag" option on message 26, as I have. The Goodreads management team needs to be made aware of posts like this, not as an etiquette issue but as a safety issue, and the author of it needs to be removed from Goodreads (and any other social network).

message 19: by Angee, Group Creator (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_wentz) | 644 comments Mod
Werner wrote: "By way of helpful information for this group's moderators, all Goodreads moderators have broad discretion to permanently expel any group member. So you would be well within your rights (and duties..."

I appreciate your looking out for the group and keeping this fan group a positive environment. The comments and memberships have been deleted. I apologize for not getting on this problem sooner. I will add a "rule" warning against such negative comments for future members.

Enjoy the rest of your discussions.

message 20: by Werner (new)

Werner Angee, God bless you; thank you so much! And kudos on creating a great group here.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Werner wrote: "By way of helpful information for this group's moderators, all Goodreads moderators have broad discretion to permanently expel any group member. So you would be well within your rights (and duties..."

Good work Werner! I had not got to these posts and it sounds like a good thing for me. As you know I get very upset about negative comments about Twilight.

Alice

message 22: by Werner (new)

Werner Thanks, Alice. Personally, I actually don't mind reading criticism of the Twilight series that's well thought out, constructive and specific, and expressed with an understanding of the subjectivity of literary taste; but the deleted comments were "none of the above." :-)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I might not either but don't recall ever reading anything well thought out. I have only seen hate attacks over and over which surprise me as there is no need for them. The deleted comments must have been really bad! My husband keeps reminding me that Breaking Dawn is not far off. He likes to tease.

Werner wrote: "Thanks, Alice. Personally, I actually don't mind reading criticism of the Twilight series that's well thought out, constructive and specific, and expressed with an understanding of the subjectivit..."