Night Huntress Series discussion

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
This topic is about This Side of the Grave
Night Huntress: The Books > This Side of the Grave (Book #5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariya (last edited Feb 21, 2011 05:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 594 comments Mod

let us discuss the fifth book in the night huntress series once it become avaiable. this topic will be closed until febuary 22 2011.

**there will not be a seperate thread for spoilers. if you share a spoiler make sure include the spoiler tags!**

So it is almost February and soon TSOTG will be out! yah!!! Btw, I am giving away a copy of TSOFG away on my blog. It will be shipping from the Book Depository so it is International too.

http://mystifyingparanormalreviews.bl...

THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE TRAILER

http://jeanienefrost.com/2011/02/this...

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) Awesome! I'm counting down the days...

@ollie: hun, this would go in extras since this is promotion. I'll have to delete it and replace it in the extras.

Ollie | 14 comments Hi Mariya,

No problem. :) I didn't know where it would go best. Thanks! :)

valee I see there are already some reviews out there. Many rated it 4 stars! I don't wanna be disappointed *sniff*

I am curious since many had rated it four stars. I rated books 3-4 stars. liking one and two the best.

message 10: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy (amymiller525) | 2 comments Can't Wait going out first thing in the morning to get This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost !!! :-)

valee I'm so dying to read it! I ordered my copy at amazon, but it will arrive in a month so probably I'll buy the version for my kindle as well!

message 12: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani (danifloyd) | 30 comments I have to work tomorrow. ; ( I'm going to the book store as soon as I get out!!!

I probaly won't get my cop til thursday or friday b/c I ordered on borders, I would've order on Amazon, but I got a great coupon. Got TSOTG for $5.00

valee Girl you should have saved your coupon for another book and run to your nearest bookstore to buy it right now!LOL.

message 15: by Mariya (last edited Feb 21, 2011 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

haha. I'll be quite occupied this week. I wish Borders and B&N were like Amazon were Amazon ships your order a couple days early if you select 2 days shipping and wouild get on the release date. the other don't. UGH. I got 2 day shipping from Borders and I am not confident it will arrive until the weekend.

I am curious to what will happen in this book.

valee Me too, and I'm terribly scared because many rated it only 4 stars... **sniff**

I'm now wondering why 4 stars, what aspect wasn;t liked....hmmm...I know it will be quite different since Cat is an actual vamp now. I heard more Vlad! Yah! for Vlad!

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 10 comments Mariya wrote: "I'm now wondering why 4 stars, what aspect wasn;t liked....hmmm...I know it will be quite different since Cat is an actual vamp now. I heard more Vlad! Yah! for Vlad!"

I love Vlad as well lol

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) | 1 comments I love Vlad, and I'm sure there will be quite a bit of him since she's gotta be setting up the storyline for Vlad's spin-off series!

OMFG. they now say my book is on backorder. UGH. I may just cancel it and go to the bookstore today to pick it up.

Marissa (millionmph) Mariya wrote: "OMFG. they now say my book is on backorder. UGH. I may just cancel it and go to the bookstore today to pick it up."

What?? From where? Did you use amazon this time?
I preordered TSOTG and 3 others from amazon that will all be here today.

From Borders b/c I had a coupon. I'm heading there today to check out the big sale b/c their closing down, so I'll probaly pick up a copy there. Next time I'll just go Amazon, but I wanted to use the coupon so, whtever.

Marissa (millionmph) Aww, that stinks. Well, I hope you find some really good deals in the store!

yea. hopefully. XD

message 25: by Yui (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yui (_yui_) | 9 comments I forgot to preorder this:-(
I received my iron crowned by R.Mead feb 18(too early) I was supposed to preorder that day and then reread the last 4 Cat&Bones books and listen to DFAEG but because Dark Swan came early I got distracted. I just remembered yesterday and I ordered it at once but it's still on shipping soon:-(

I can't wait anymore..

message 26: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Mariya wrote: "but I wanted to use the coupon so, whtever.
"

Hahaha...just go and buy it for Gods sake!

valee hahaha, exactly. Forget about the coupon.

I have self control. haha. Well, we'll see how that goes when I walk into Borders today.

message 29: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina I kind of think of us as little devils on your shoulder going 'buy it now!' :D

Marissa (millionmph) Its okay, Mariya. You wont be the only one waiting. Todays my moms bday and she wanted to read it first, so I wont be able to read this for probably at least a week!

message 31: by Dani (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dani (danifloyd) | 30 comments Mariya wrote: "I have self control. haha. Well, we'll see how that goes when I walk into Borders today."

That's pretty impressive self control if you don't buy it. I thought I was doing well by waiting until after work. I had thought about calling in to be at the store when they opened. ; )

message 32: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Yep, read it and would give it 4 stars too.
It was good, but I didn't ADORE it like I did the others...

message 33: by Laurielu (last edited Feb 23, 2011 07:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections Oh my.... I am very jealous of Cat. I want to be her because I want Bones! I am really enjoying this book! I am just 23% through the book, though. Will have to see why most reviews gave the book 4 stars instead of 5.

Okaiexz so I'm 30% through and I am beginning to think that (view spoiler) Hope to get more done tomorrow.

message 35: by Hana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hana | 6 comments Mimi wrote: "Yep, read it and would give it 4 stars too.
It was good, but I didn't ADORE it like I did the others..."

Yeah I understand why many rated it 4*.The book was highly anticipated for over a year or so and I think the plot wasn't as developed as recent books, so didn't deliver as much. I loved the way she built characters (esp Mencheres and Vlad) as well as Cat, boy has she grown from the first book.

I am halfway through it now and I am seeing that I may be giving TSOTG a 4 stars also.

message 37: by Luz (last edited Feb 23, 2011 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Luz | 1 comments I enjoyed the book; always need my Cat and Bones fix but it's not my favorite of the books. Would give it 4 stars.

I am glad I'm not the only one. I never thought the day would come where I wouldn't really like a Cat and Bones book that much.

message 39: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Ugh, I just got my copy of TSOTG, but I'm anxious about starting it now. I tend to be highly critical, I hope I don't rate this book below 3 stars. :(

message 40: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Lazuline wrote: "Ugh, I just got my copy of TSOTG, but I'm anxious about starting it now. I tend to be highly critical, I hope I don't rate this book below 3 stars. :("

I don't think so. The book was good, just not up to my own Cat&Bones standards. It just felt slightly off, like the plot didn't hold me impatient to read the next page...and the next...
If the 1st book was like this I never would have become such a fan...

message 41: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Hammons (lynn42272) | 9 comments Just finished TSOTG and I am kinda bummed! The love scene in no way compares to chapter 32 and I have to agree if I had read this one first I would not have become such a fan. It is still good but just not her best!!!!!

message 42: by Mariya (last edited Feb 24, 2011 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I agree I thought that the storyline/plot of the story was really good, but when reading it I felt like that Cat and Boens Spark was gones/missing. And I actually liked Chapter 32 better than Chapter 21.

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections I have seen references to chapter 32 in a few posts. What does it mean?

message 44: by Mariya (last edited Feb 24, 2011 08:01AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Big Chapter with a great sex scene, the whole entire chapter is a sex scene.

message 45: by Laurielu (last edited Feb 24, 2011 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections Mariya wrote: "Big Chapter with a great sex scene, the whole entire chapter is a sex scene."

In this book or another book in the series?

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) | 23 comments Lynn wrote: "Just finished TSOTG and I am kinda bummed! The love scene in no way compares to chapter 32 and I have to agree if I had read this one first I would not have become such a fan. It is still good but ..."

I agreee, the scene was good but it did not compare to Ch.32!!

One Foot in the Grave. It is being talked about in this thread b/c of another chapter that compares to Chapter 32 in This Side of the Grave.

message 48: by Dinjolina (new) - added it

Dinjolina Mariya wrote: "I agree I thought that the storyline/plot of the story was really good, but when reading it I felt like that Cat and Boens Spark was gones/missing. "

Yes!I just could on put my finger on the problem till now.
Like when Cat has problems with the new weird Mari blood that makes her control people.And Bones just laughs all the way. Not with her. At her. Hahaha,you loooooooser. And I was-huh?

Elsie (aussiemom2) | 4 comments I've finished! Over too soon and can't wait to discuss!

Gyn  (gynh) | 3 comments I just finished TSOTG and I definitely agree on the lack of spark/tension/anticipation...but I enjoyed having some more time with Cat and Bones nonetheless! And FYI, I don't think anything can compare with Chapter 32! I bought a shirt about Chapter 32 and recently wore it to meet Jeaniene Frost! Such Fun!

« previous 1