Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Double Wedding on Lifetime with the Mowry Sisters

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Just finished this movie. It was really good! More well rounded than the usual lifetime rom coms and it had a dose of IR. I think they're showing it twice tonight so if you missed it, you can catch it later. Good movie to relax with.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae wrote: "Just finished this movie. It was really good! More well rounded than the usual lifetime rom coms and it had a dose of IR. I think they're showing it twice tonight so if you missed it, you can catch..."

Oh Thanks Rae..going to see if I can Tivo it now :)

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6610 comments Mod
I'm happy that I have came online and seen this thread. I have set my VCR to record the movie. Thanks Rae.

I have not to long ago, finished watching Catch and Release with Timothy Olyphant. He's so cute in this movie. I will not say more to spoil this thread.

message 4: by Arch , Mod (new)

I see something about the sisters in this movie that I don't really like. I'll explain if someone wants me to, after you guys watch it.

message 5: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Explain it to me on my inbox because I missed it and I am not planning to watch it either. From the trailer it seemed like the same cliche, identical sisters, complete opposites yada yada. They found a dude and continued to date him and don't tell him they are sisters. The plot is a tad triflin'.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Tia and Tamera will be doing a reality show about their busy lives. I hate that they are going that route. I honestly don't want to see what they do from day to day and I don't want to see them fight. Reality shows are about drama.

I have a feeling that the reality show will lead to them being in the tabloids.

message 7: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jun 21, 2010 06:19AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
It's a bit contrived in some parts left over from their Sister, Sister and teen movie days, I agree, (mainly stuff that could be solved with communication) but overall I thought it was pretty cute. I liked that it wasn't sterotypical in how it showed the families and the fact that we got to see the guy's sister and her husband as well as the twin's grandparents and mom's lives. If this were a book series, I'd definitely want a second book to see where the families are at in their lives after the HEA.

I agree, Arch. I'm not too happy they're going the reality tv route either. Most celeb reality tv shows scream a bit hackish and yes, too tabloid. Producers love to force the drama through editing or the writing and I'd rather just see them continue to bring out movies via their production companies with an interview here or there on their blog or DVDs.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

I will watch the movie sometime this week.

I am going to go ahead and share the thing that I have noticed about the sisters in this movie. They made Tia wear a fake mole on her face. Come on that's so Sister Sister. I guess they did it to make the guy confuse.

I know that they are identical twins, but I can tell them apart, even with Tamera without a mole.

I don't know what it is, but after being around identical twins for so long, I can tell identical twins apart. After a while, they don't look alike.

Now, I haven't been around triplets, etc. identical twins. So, that might be a little tricky after a while.

message 9: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Arch wrote: "Tia and Tamera will be doing a reality show about their busy lives. I hate that they are going that route. I honestly don't want to see what they do from day to day and I don't want to see them fig..."

It is because no one wants to pay creative writers, to come up with anything. Everyone's attention span is gone due to the internet and electrical devices.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Jo wrote:"It is because no one wants to pay creative writers, to come up with anything. Everyone's attention span is gone due to the internet and electrical devices."

That's sad.

message 11: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Arch wrote: "Jo wrote:"It is because no one wants to pay creative writers, to come up with anything. Everyone's attention span is gone due to the internet and electrical devices."

That's sad."

I know what is wrong with people.