Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Dennis Lehane interview

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (last edited Jun 15, 2010 09:15PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14837 comments Dennis Lehane talks about books and film
http://shelf-life.ew.com/2010/06/11/a...

message 2: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Thanks for posting this.

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8222 comments Yes, thanks, Ann. I can never get enough of Dennis Lehane!

Brakedrum wrote: "Thanks for posting this."

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14837 comments Carol: and Lorraine -- I love anything about Dennis Lehane too!
DD is watching the movie of Shutter Island tonight and I hope to get to it very soon! I am eager to see what has been done with the story.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Yes, thanks, Ann. I can never get enough of Dennis Lehane!

Brakedrum wrote: "Thanks for posting this.""

message 5: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Ann wrote: "Carol: and Lorraine -- I love anything about Dennis Lehane too!
DD is watching the movie of Shutter Island tonight and I hope to get to it very soon! I am eager to see what has been done with the s..."

Had hubby take me to the movies to watch Shutter Island. I was constantly watching him to see his reaction. He figured out the outcome almost at the end. It had him fooled thru most of the movie.

BTW: Leaving in a couple of weeks for a ride thru south west Texas, planning on stopping by in Las Cruces, NM, to visit an old mystery/thriller AOL board member. If timing is right we will get together.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14837 comments Lorraine:

Tell Dave and his wife hello for us!!!
DD is still watching Shutter Island in fits and starts. She read the book and loved it, but was finding the movie dark (you know sometimes you just aren't in the mood for dark) For example, I have the DVD of The Lovely Bones here to watch and am working up the courage. The Lovely Bones
I hope DH will watch Shutter Island with me and I can watch for his reaction. He isn't much of a woo woo fan.

Brakedrum wrote: "Had hubby take me to the movies to watch Shutter Island. I was constantly watching him to see his reaction. He figured out the outcome almost at the end. It had him fooled thru most of the movie.

BTW: Leaving in a couple of weeks for a ride thru south west Texas, planning on stopping by in Las Cruces, NM, to visit an old mystery/thriller AOL board member. If timing is right we will get together. "

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3639 comments Brakedrum wrote: "Ann wrote: "Carol: and Lorraine -- I love anything about Dennis Lehane too!
DD is watching the movie of Shutter Island tonight and I hope to get to it very soon! I am eager to see what has been do..."

Tell Dave "Hey!" for all of us! If you've never been thru that part of southern NM, it's a great area. DH & I are planning to go to Alamogordo, NM when we retire.

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Ann: Movie of THE LOVELY BONES was beautifully done, I highly recommend. Nasty stuff is off screen.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14837 comments Thanks for the tip, MQC

Mary/Quite Contrary wrote: "Ann: Movie of THE LOVELY BONES was beautifully done, I highly recommend. Nasty stuff is off screen."