Chicagoland Vampires discussion

The Books > Twice Bitten (Book #3)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 156 (156 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by valee (new)

valee This is a post that will be available once the book is out. We will be discussing in here everything that happens in this book.

Meredith Barrons | 280 comments Mod
Okay, ladies! I got my copy and finished the book! I LOVED it! When someone else finishes let me know and we can discuss here! I don't want to post any spoilers yet b/c I don't want to ruin it for anyone else!

message 3: by valee (new)

valee Damn, Can't wait to get my hands in it. Just let me know one thing ... Does it have some kind of closure or a cliff hunger at the end?

message 4: by valee (new)

valee I used to do that last semester. The boring classes I read under the table *blush* lol.

But it was a much better use of my time.

This semester is harder and more exigent and I haven't been able to read at class,lol I kinda miss it.

message 5: by valee (new)

valee I used to do that last semester. The boring classes I read under the table *blush* lol.

But it was a much better use of my time.

This semester is harder and more exigent and I haven't been able to read at class,lol I kinda miss it.

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Jun 28, 2010 03:58PM) (new)

Shannon C. Meredith, I'm done too! I was waiting for someone else to finish it!!! Would love to chat w/someone else who read it. Wasn't it great?

**potential spoilers below, do not read if you haven't read the book**

The opening was so awesome. The scene with Noah and then finding out who Jonah is. That sets up a very interesting plotline. And then I loved chapter two--the sparring scene with Ethan and Luc was hot and the katas scene with Merit was very cool!

I continue to love the heroine Merit--fiesty, smart, fun, honorable, loyal, hardworking. I enjoyed seeing her strength in this book--she had many kick b*tt moments, as well as times she effectively showed her smarts. It was also good to see her make new friends and bond with some of the other vampires.

I was so excited around chapter eight and then afterwards very, very, very upset with some of Ethan's decision making after that. (I'm not saying b/c it's too big of a spoiler, but I think you know what I'm referring to.) I hate series that draw crap like that out forever and seriously hope that doesn't happen with this series. I want them to be together.

I loved the sparring scene in chapter 21. Ethan's reaction to her finally kicking his butt reminded me of the awesome scene in Vampire Academy when Rose bested Dimitri.

I thought it was telling that Ethan used her first name at that key moment towards the end. The two name thing is an honor reserved for master vamps...this seems to support how he's leaning towards recommending her for the test for master at some point in the future. I'd like to see her take the test for master and see where she'd go from there. For their relationship to work, they need to be on more even footing and ideally both masters.

The storylines with the shifters were well done. It was fun reading how they are organized, learning about their magic, their politics, etc. Very cool to integrate another major supernatural group beyond vampires. I like Eric as a side character and it was good to see a potential love interest for him. I also liked Gabriel and how much he loves his wife/his commitment to family.

message 7: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 5 comments Oh, so not fair! I want a copy too!!! I can't wait another week!

Vale - the ending wraps up pretty nicely! Don't worry it is nothing like the Fever series!

Shannon wrote: "Meredith, I'm done too! I was waiting for someone else to finish it!!! Would love to chat w/someone else who read it. Wasn't it great?

**potential spoilers below, do not read if you haven't rea..."

So glad that someone else is done!

*****SPOILERS BELOW

I definitely liked the opening with Noah and Jonah. I thought maybe Jonah might be a potential love interest for Merit but it didn't seem like there was much chemistry there. It will be interesting to see if Merit chooses to join them eventually!

I was also glad that Nicholas kind of redeemed himself in this book. I hated the way that he treated Merit especially since they were childhood friends. I think it is obvious now that he was just trying to protect his family and that shifters didn't have such a good relationship with vampires in the past. He definitely made up for it by helping Merit in this book.

We saw very little of Morgan in this book. Aside from the meeting that Ethan and Merit had in his office he was basically missing from the book. I am interested to see where his character goes in the future.

The book really focused on Ethan and Merit which I liked. I am glad that Merit and Mallory patched things up. We didn't get a lot of Catcher in the book which bummed me out, but there are only so many pages!!!!

Chapter 8 was awesome! I was so relieved to see Merit and Ethan finally together! I loved the things that Ethan said to her about her making him feel human again. I was so disappointed about how Ethan acted afterwards. I kept trying to tell myself that he is hundreds of years old and is responsible for protecting an entire house of vampires. I think he wanted to do the right thing but it broke my heart. I am glad he finally saw the light and realized that he can't shut off his feelings for Merit. I loved how he gave her the baseball. I think it will be great to see him working on getting her back in the next book!

I liked the shifters story and I thought Gabriel was really cool. It was also cool to see what some of the shifters turned into! I was shocked that his brother Adam ended up being the traitor because I liked him! It was cute to see Jeff paired with Gabriel's sister. I just love him and I am glad he is getting a love interest!

message 10: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 487 comments Mod
thank god for that. i'd die if they'd have a ending like that like the fever series. anyway, its really good so far. oh, how i missed my ethan. hopefully ill be done by tomorrow and i can join in the discussion wit u guys.

message 11: by Shannon (last edited Jun 29, 2010 08:10AM) (new)

Shannon C. **spoilers, do not read unless you've read the book**

Meredith Barrons wrote: "I was also glad that Nicholas kind of redeemed himself in this book. I hated the way that he treated Merit especially since they were childhood friends. I think it is obvious now that he was just trying to protect his family and that shifters didn't have such a good relationship with vampires in the past. He definitely made up for it by helping Merit in this book."

That's a good point. He really frustrated me in book two, so it was good to see them start to get along again.

The book really focused on Ethan and Merit which I liked. I am glad that Merit and Mallory patched things up. We didn't get a lot of Catcher in the book which bummed me out, but there are only so many pages!

I also missed seeing more of Catcher and Mallory, and didn't like that Mallory and Merit weren't talking for so long. Although I did like the increased time with Ethan--except of course when he was making a majorly bad decision that got on my last nerves!!!! That really was the thing that pulled down this book for me, even though I enjoyed the rest of it.

I am glad he finally saw the light and realized that he can't shut off his feelings for Merit. I loved how he gave her the baseball. I think it will be great to see him working on getting her back in the next book!

I liked the baseball part, but that whole part of the storyline where he blew her off stunk. Now the next book is going to be him trying to convince her to give him another chance and she's going to be reticient since he already hurt her. Series where the characters never get together or when it drags on forever without a decision one way or the other are annoying. Frankly I was amazed at how well she handled his jerk-off behavior. She was very professional and tried to move on even though her heart was breaking. I don't see her giving in any time soon for a second chance. I'd like to see her move up to be a master vamp before she gives him another chance. They need to be on more equal footing.

message 12: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Still | 5 comments I just finished the book and loved the scenes with Ethan and Merit as well. Gabriel was great. I think Jeff is the Apex of the Chicago area.

message 13: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Still | 5 comments Oh, yeah. I hated the decisions Ethan made after he and Merit got together, but that was classic Ethan. I still love him.

message 14: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Lindy wrote: "I just finished the book and loved the scenes with Ethan and Merit as well. Gabriel was great. I think Jeff is the Apex of the Chicago area."

Really? That didn't occur to me. He seems so young and they never mentioned a high level of power coming off him. But then again, he may be powerful enough to hide it when he wants to and there's not a big shifter presence there to need an older/more experienced alpha.

message 15: by Lindy (new)

Lindy Still | 5 comments Shannon wrote: "Lindy wrote: "I just finished the book and loved the scenes with Ethan and Merit as well. Gabriel was great. I think Jeff is the Apex of the Chicago area."

Really? That didn't occur to me. He se..."

There is a comment on page 96 about the respect he received when he walked into the bar after the ambush. And about how good a fighter he was when he and Merit were fighting. And I think the reason they wouldn't say who the Apex was is because he is so young.

message 16: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Ohhh, good catch. Also the fact that he is wooing the gal who is next in line for the Apex line might mean that he's pretty well liked.

message 17: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) I thought for sure Merits first name was going to be Meridith like her Mom and Grandma.
Wait, before I go any, further, do we need spoiler tags in this thread?

message 18: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. I've been putting spoiler warnings before anything I thought might be a spoiler. That's probably be good to do if you are doing to say something that's a spoiler.

message 19: by Marissa (last edited Jun 30, 2010 08:27AM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Thanks Shannon. I wasn't sure since Ive seen new release threads both ways.
Some of my thoughts after reading...
****SPOILERS AHEAD****BEWARE****SPOILERS AHEAD****
I really enjoyed all the shifter business. Gabriel is one smooth, sexy Apex! And I love how he calls Merit kitten! Theres definitely some big things that will be happening between Merit and his family, I just wished she would have said more about what she saw in Gabriel's eyes/vision!
I think Jeff and Fallon need their own book, because they are going to be an exciting little couple! Any guesses on Jeff's animal?
So glad Mal and Merit made up! I was hoping for more of her and Catcher but I guess there are only so many things you can shove into a sexually charged, shifter packed book!
Luc & Ethan sparring! Oh glorious Pec-ticle! More please!
Damn Adam! I love a guy with dimples, but then he had to go and ruin it. That was kind of the only "off" thing for me. I mean, he wasn't even close to next in line. I just hate to see a hot dimpled guy go to waste. Humph.
Last, but not least, CHAPTER 8! *fans self* Its about damn time! Then he had to go and be an ass again. I wanted to wring his neck! But like Catcher said, it did bring Mer & Mal back together. And Ethan sure does act like he will be redeeming himself in the next book! Eeek I cant wait already!
K, thats all my babbling for now. :)

message 20: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Shannon wrote: "**spoilers, do not read unless you've read the book**

Meredith Barrons wrote: "I was also glad that Nicholas kind of redeemed himself in this book. I hated the way that he treated Merit especial..."

I kind of like how Merit did try to move on and act mature after he was a jerk. It would have annoyed me to let him see her upset!!!! I am sure the next book will involve Ethan doing a lot of making up. I wonder if anything could happen with Morgan and Merit again or maybe Jonah? I feel like Ethan should have some competition after the way he acted!

message 21: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Lindy wrote: "I just finished the book and loved the scenes with Ethan and Merit as well. Gabriel was great. I think Jeff is the Apex of the Chicago area."

Good call Lindy. I didn't even think of Jeff being the apex but it would make sense. Especially how awesome he was at fighting!

message 22: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Marissa wrote: "Thanks Shannon. I wasn't sure since Ive seen new release threads both ways.
Some of my thoughts after reading...
****SPOILERS AHEAD****BEWARE****SPOILERS AHEAD****
I really enjoyed all the shift..."

Well said Marissa! I am dying to know about Gabriel's vision as well! Someone mentioned that they think Merit could have some shifter in her and that one of the signs is how she is always craving food. That might be an interesting turn of events.

I was bummed about the Adam thing too! Chloe did such a good job of writing that I was shocked when he turned out to be the traitor. Usually I have some kind of a sense but I had none!

message 23: by Marissa (last edited Jun 30, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Wow. I never even thought she might have some shifter in her.

**SPOILER**
That could be why Gabriel said something about Merit and him being family.
**END SPOILER**

Also, that was a good catch on Jeff possibly becoming the local Apex. Could be why a certain female shifter is interested in him! Jeff needs love too. :)

message 24: by Shannon (last edited Jun 30, 2010 07:05PM) (new)

Shannon C. Marissa wrote: "Wow. I never even thought she might have some shifter in her.

**SPOILER**
That could be why Gabriel said something about Merit and him being family.
**END SPOILER**

Also, that was a good ca..."

And why he calls her 'Kitten'. Maybe it's cat shifter blood.

I feel like this is an open question. The family comment still hasn't been explained.

message 25: by Shannon (last edited Jul 01, 2010 06:28AM) (new)

Shannon C. I was also glad Meredith showed Ethan her professional face after he was such a jerk. It would also have annoyed me to let him see her upset! And it was great how he didn't like it when she kept calling him Liege.

Ethan should definitely have some competition after the way he acted! I think Morgan's ship has sailed. He's just so questionable after he seems to be helping Celina. But maybe Jonah or Nick would be a possibility. Or maybe there's a hot shifter that would be perfect for her.

message 26: by Marissa (last edited Jun 30, 2010 07:14PM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Yes see, Adam would have been a perfect rebound shifter for her. Dang dimpled devil!
I agree Morgans ship has also sailed. I really enjoyed they way they joked around and played off each other in the beginning. But now hes just to involved with House/Celina messes to see anything else objectively. (And Merit's heart is still obviously taken.)Oh well.

message 27: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Nick would probably especially gripe Ethan if he started flirting around her, given his 'secret' role that's not so secret by the end of book three.

message 28: by Mariya (last edited Jul 03, 2010 08:47AM) (new)

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

okaiexz..so i finished the book last night finally without so many distraction. and i found that i loved the second half of the books and couldnt stop. i thought that they beginning seemed so different compared to the other 2 ...b/c of the shifters(though i did like it) and mallory's absence. i guess im so used to her being in the books quite a lot but in this one she wasnt quite so much.

i loved the ending. it wasnt really a cliffhanger but to me it was a little cliff-hanger-ily...

i was soo mad at ethan wit the breaking off wit merit. i was like NO NO NO! b/c they just got together like that day i think...and it was too soon. but i liked how things developed after that chapter how she handled things.

i loved chapter 8! wonderful. i think ive re-read that chapter like 8 times....hahaha. i thought it was soooo beautiful and is forever a favorite.

i thought that the ending was sweet wit the baseball....(he remembered!!!) i wonder exactly how he got his hands on that baseball though.

message 29: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. **spoilers**

I agree with you it was too soon for them to get together. She needs to be more equally matched with him and fully trained first. Maybe after she takes the test for master vamp, for example. And/or gets some personal one on one training with Amit. LOL Amit would be a good one for some future flirting w/Merit....boy wouldn't that put Ethan's boxers in a MAJOR bunch...with his man crush and all.

message 30: by Mariya (last edited Jul 03, 2010 04:03PM) (new)

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

who's amit?

i thought maybe before i read this one they would get together like book 4....but yea. they did in this book for like what a day or something...everything went wayyyyy to fast. but whtever i kinda liked alot of the book after the break up in fact i think the second half of the book was wayyyy better.

when they got together thought i was like YES YES YES. then break up, NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! DAMN.

hahahaha.

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-jo) | 24 comments I am going to have to read this book again. I read it in about 2.75 hours and I think I missed alot. All I can say is that Chapter 8 was really good. I also liked the bit with the baseball. I can't wait until Book 4 comes out!

message 32: by Mariya (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I am going to have to read this book again. I read it in about 2.75 hours and I think I missed alot. All I can say is that Chapter 8 was really good. I also liked the bit with the baseball. I c..."

i knoe. rite after i finished twice bitten i was like i NEED the next book like now. how am i suppose to wait that long. hard bitten comes out like june or july 2011.

message 33: by Mariya (last edited Jul 03, 2010 04:53PM) (new)

Marissa wrote: "I thought for sure Merits first name was going to be Meridith like her Mom and Grandma.
Wait, before I go any, further, do we need spoiler tags in this thread?"

**SPOILER ALERT**
i seriously didnt expect her name to be like caroline...i thought seriously? i like merit a lot better.
**SPOILER ALERT**

message 34: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Yes I like Merit for her a lot better too! :)

message 35: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Amit is the strongest vampire in the world...the one that has been mentioned but we haven't met in person yet. He's the one Merit teased Ethan that he has a 'bro-mance' or 'man-crush' on.

message 36: by Mariya (new)

**SPOILER ALERT**
okaiexz who thought the vent on ethan's quirks part was hilarious??

"first item on the list-the raising of the eyebrow."
"number two-when ethan refers to you not by name, but by your title."

seriously funny. i wanted more! i'd so atted that party. hahahaha.
**SPOILER ALERT**

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-jo) | 24 comments Yeah, I loved that part....it was so funny to hear people making fun of him...kind of expected him to show up behind someone.

message 38: by Mariya (new)

that would've been so funny if he did.

message 39: by Meredith Barrons (new)

That part was really funny. I would have loved it if Ethan showed up behind someone. I was kind of expecting him to!

message 40: by Mariya (new)

me too. i wish he did, that scene would've been so much more funnier if he did.

message 41: by Mariya (new)

its finally out tomorrow for everybody!

message 42: by Meredith Barrons (new)

I can't wait until everyone can discuss!!!!

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 30 comments I pre-ordered this title and just got it on my e-reader..can't wait to get started..well after I finish the second book that is..LOL

message 44: by Danny (new)

Danny (dannyvanquish) | 2 comments The book was fantastic, the strongest so far in my opinion.

****SPOILER WARNING ****

My heart made a little jump when finally Ethan and Merit were together. Oh Thank you so much! I didn't expect it to happen in this book, I was prepared for more teasing. But this also made it so much harder when Ethan ( that stupid jerk) broke up with her. Oh my heart ached so much.

But, I do understand it. Honestly it fit's his character so much more. It wouldn't be believable if he would be all over sudden able to admit his feelings and just go on and date Merit. As much as it hurts, it makes sense.

I had water in my eyes when he called her Caroline, so much emotion and so much meaning in one little word! Perfect!!!

When Ethan ask Merit in the beginning to share something nobody knows and she talked about that Baseball, I was so damn sure Ethan will get it for her.
And, it was perfect at the end. OMG that was an emotional scene and I love it so much! "It's a wish!" Oh please... my heart is melting! I'm pretty sure this is "her" baseball and not a copy, although she thinks it's not the one she had in her hands, but it's Ethan and he wouldn't be happy with a copy so it's the original. The ending was perfect!

I'm happy happy happy Mallory and Merit made up! *sighs in relief* their problems bothered me a lot, I love this friendship and I love Mallory as a character. I missed Mallory and Catcher they had way too little appearance.

I'm dying to know what Merit saw in Gabriel eyes in this vision. She saw Gab's son and Ethan eyes - but then not Ethan eyes?! His son? Maybe? I read speculations here she has Shifter blood inside, maybe she get's a baby with Ethan? Maybe my idea is too crazy....
This is a major teaser...

Glad to be here btw, thanks for this forum to discuss those books here!

message 45: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. *spoiler*

Hmmmm, very interesting!

I looked up the vision scene you mentioned. It's in Chapter 17 where the shifters are having their convocation at the church, and Gabriel telepathically sends his "vision" of the future to Merit. She sees:

"No story lines, no dates, but I saw enough, including the eyes of his child, and another set of green eyes, eyes that looked nothing--and everything--like Ethan's. I had no way of knowing how powerful, how accurate, a shifter's visions were...but it packed a punch."

It sounds like they are talking about another child's eyes? I recall someone told her vampires can't have a kid--wasn't it Morgan--and she was saddened.

It's a good guess that maybe it's somehow related to the mysterious 'family' comment at the end of book two. If she has shifter blood in her and can still have kids.

message 46: by Danny (new)

Danny (dannyvanquish) | 2 comments ***SPOILER**

I agree, I also thought they can't have kids. But, what else could this vision with this green eyes like Ethans probably mean? Ethan finally letting his guard completely down and admits himself fully to Merit, maybe this one could see in his eyes too..

But, she's not the "normal" vampire, her changed occurred in two steps which (as far as I go it) unique. More proof that Merit is special, why then not having kids?

Seriously this is killing me!

message 47: by Mariya (last edited Jul 07, 2010 05:21AM) (new)

**SPOILER**

omg. i knoe, i was wondering that too, was gabriel talking about ethan's son??? ethan and merit's son?? i's be soooo happy if they can have kids and i also remember the shifter comment about family at end of book 2! so maybe it is possible for her to have children!

message 48: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 27 comments *SPOILER*

Oh my God! I just finished the famous chapter 8 and I'm still shaking all over! Holy Moses. I want him so badly right now. I'm going to get a heart attack if the action keeps getting hotter.
Damn, that was one of the hottest scenes ever written! I'll be rereading it until the next book, probably. Woot, woot

message 49: by Mariya (new)

i knoe, i loved it!

message 50: by Amanda (new)

Amanda The Book Slayer (amanda_the_book_slayer) | 22 comments Danny wrote: "***SPOILER**

I agree, I also thought they can't have kids. But, what else could this vision with this green eyes like Ethans probably mean? Ethan finally letting his guard completely down and admi..."

I agree . I suspect that maybe since Merit isn't like every other vampire, maybe shifter blood, that she doesn't have to play by there rules and therefore might have a kid. I mean it would be like Romeo and Juliet. lol Vampire and werewolves.
I loved this book. I could not put it down. I was so glad that Merit and Ethan finally got together and you saw there walls come down between them. Plus, who doesn't love Adam and now he has a girl that's going to make action scenes more interesting. I think Fallon is a great addition to the books. I can't wait till Hard Bitten comes out. I think she ended the book well but can't help but want more. I would have to say that her books are as addicting as Vampire Academy.

« previous 1 3 4