One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive 1.0 > Introductions - Thanks for Joining!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 654 (654 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello, everyone! Thank you for joining this group. Use this topic to introduce yourself to the other members! :)

message 2: by Zakiya (last edited May 29, 2010 10:57PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello! I'm Zakiya. I live in TN with my parents and younger brother. I'm just finished the 7th grade. I am 13 years old. I love to text, listen to music, and, as if it weren't obvious enough, read. I don't have a particular favorite genre so if you asked, I would say I love all genres.

I want to go to University of Alabama and University of Alabama Law School. I want to be a UoA gymnast. My biggest goal/dream in life is to become a successful tax lawyer. My biggest achievement so far was when I, a third grader, beat a fourth grader in the Accelerated Reader program. I want to be able to travel the world and visit France, Italy, Greece, China, India, Japan, England, Denmark, Spain, Holland, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Ukraine, Tanzania, and a LOT of other places as well! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone! Zakiya invited me and I l-o-v-e this group!! It's a cool idea, really, Zakiya!

So, my name is Ginny, but you can also call me Gin. I live in Germany for now, but I'm from South-Korea, actually. I grew up there, but some circumstances brought me to Germany.
I'm 16 and I have no idea what to do with my future, but I hope I'll find it out in time :)

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi Gin and Z and whoever comes later!

I'm Leonor, but you can call me Leo, or Paperdoll or fiddler (I think you got it)

I live in Portugal, where I study. hmmm i want to be either a conductor and/or a geologist. i know weird tastes

thanks for the invitation Zakiya!!

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) You're welcome, Leo! Thanks for joining both of you.

Ginny: Actually it's Elyssa and my idea. Once she gets on and everything, I will have to add her as a mod. It was a co-idea. Lol :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Hey I'm Lizz

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote:
Ginny: Actually it's Elyssa and my idea. Once she gets on and everything, I will have to add her as a mod. It was a co-idea. Lol :)"

Oh, I didn't know :p
Anyways, great idea you both!

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks, and good luck!

Hello, Lizz! :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 499 comments Hi, two quick questions. Do we just post the books we read only in 2010? Does ebooks count?

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Any books count! Audio, ebooks, the ones with a physical appearance, etc.

You start from January of the year you joined. So you would start posting all the pages you read from January this year. Stay in teh group and just keep adding your pages, all the while trying to reach the goal of 1 million! :)

message 11: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited May 30, 2010 10:31AM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 499 comments Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote: "Any books count! Audio, ebooks, the ones with a physical appearance, etc.

You start from January of the year you joined. So you would start posting all the pages you read from January this year...."

Okay. There is no A-D to post mine.

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 94 comments Hi I'm Kate. I'm 16 and live in Wisconsin! I love to read and wirte. Other hobbies of mine are horses, photography, and traveling, thought I haven't been forutnate enough to go many places. I'm really excited for this group. 1,000,000 pages! I'm postive we can all do it!

message 13: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks for the encouragement/support Kate! Welcome to the group! :)

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote: "Any books count! Audio, ebooks, the ones with a physical appearance, etc.

You start from January of the year you joined. So you would start posting all the pages you re..."

At the top, above all the topics, it says "new topic." Click this and when you choose the folder, choose A - D.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 499 comments Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Rhms-alpha (Zakiya) wrote: "Any books count! Audio, ebooks, the ones with a physical appearance, etc.

You start from January of the year you joined. So you would start p..."

Okay

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, the folders don't show on the screen until you post a topic in them. I thought they were left out too, but Z has them done. :)

Hello, I'm Elyssa. I got this idea from someone that I know on Shelfari. I thought it was great. Anyone can make a yearly goal. I think I'll push myself better if I could go big and I wanted to go BIG! I told Z and well... the idea took off and here we are!

message 17: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments Hey I'm Sherri from Florida

message 18: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks for joining Lyss, and welcome to the group, Sherri! :)

Of course I hadthe foldes done. They were almost the very first thing I did. lol

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Intro: I live outside of Green Bay Wisconsin on the Oneida Indian Reservation (Yes, I'm Oneida). I just had a birthday, lets say I'm still under 30 :) I am also a single mother of three boys, who can make the day unique. I am also a full time student going to two different colleges. I am majoring in Biology/History/Religious Studies. I know, right, what a mix!

I LOVE to read!! I LOVE to travel!! I also scrapbook pages for my boys and just learned to knit!

THat is my life in a nut shell.

message 20: by Zakiya (last edited May 30, 2010 11:38AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's a pretty good nut shell.
In the book Life of Pi, the main character ended up majoring in RS as well. As a child, he practiced 3 religions: Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Right now I'm learning about Native American Spirituality (we don't call it religion), Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism.

I think it is bias to learn about one religion and say it is better. That just doesn't make sense to me at all. Where is the comparison to prove that statement?

Z, I applaud you for want to go into that field. I could never do it. I'd be bored out of my skull. But many feel that about history.

My major goal is to be the hottest PHD to be on the History channel. LOL!

message 22: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Hi! I'm Erica and I live in California. I love reading, writing, knitting/crochet, and basically anything crafty.

message 23: by Zakiya (last edited May 30, 2010 11:49AM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks for the applause. I'm just trying to get out of middle and HS right now. Then will work my way through a bunch of college classes. If I don't become a lawyer, I want to be an algebra teacher. :)

You will def achieve your goal, Lyss! Lolz ;D

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Erica! Sweet! I only know how to do the one knitting stitch so far but I have three projects going because I love it. My aunt wants to learn more stitches but I want to perfect this one first I guess. LOL. Crochet is next.

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello Erica! :)

message 26: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) hi erica welcome

message 27: by Eloradenin (new)

Eloradenin (animalsaremyeverything) | 6 comments Hi I just joined...this sounds like a cool group

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome. And if you ask me I'd say, "It most def is!"

Thanks for joining!

message 29: by Eloradenin (new)

Eloradenin (animalsaremyeverything) | 6 comments welcome

message 30: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 16 comments Hello all,

I'm Jennifer! Y'all can call me Jen though. I'm from southwestern Ohio, close to Dayton. I'm 20, and I love running, reading, and dancing. It's been a while since I did crochet, but I remember lots of granny squares.. This sounds like a great idea. So glad there isn't dead line on this one! >.>

message 31: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) the only thing i can crochet is the first line, i cant continue the work from there...

message 32: by ♦Jennifer♦ (new)

♦Jennifer♦ (thejenneral) | 16 comments Yeah, that's the best way to start. Just make tons of chains, and then work on your double and triple crochet. I think I started when I was around eight, I insisted that my grandma teach me how. But I don't think I've picked up a hook in a couple years. So, I'm kinda rusty.

message 33: by Erica (new)

Erica | 76 comments Paperdoll wrote: the only thing i can crochet is the first line, i cant continue the work from there...

Crochet is harder than knitting because with knitting the stitches are on the needle all the time. With crochet it's easy to miss them.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I plan on giving away homemade wash clothes for Christmas. My family seems to love those kinds the best. My mom has had some from my great aunt for 15 years now and it is time for them to go!!

Thanks for joining! Pass along the greatness of this brand new group and maybe we can get a bandwagon lining up across the globe. :) Have fun here ladies!

message 35: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello everyone! THanks for joining and enjoy the group :D

message 36: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments Hello everyone a friend invited me and it sounds intersting

message 37: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hi Angela! Thanks for joining; enjoy the group :)

message 38: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments thank you :)

message 39: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) No problem! :>

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Angela, :) I've seen you around... LOL! Thanks for jumping over to the dark side. I mean the lifetime goal side.

How is FL lately?

message 41: by Chasidy (new)

Chasidy This sounds extremely fun. :) Hopefully I get to the one million mark before I'm having to read the large print books.

message 42: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, I think you def will. Welcome to the group! :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey that is too fun Chasidy! But don't you get more pages in if you read the large print books? LOL!

Thanks for joining. I"m still smiling :)

message 44: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Hi, I'm Dovewing. I love to sing, read, bake, read, sing, read, and read. I am in seventh grade and I probably alrady passed the one million mark, what with reading all the HP books about a zillion times. I love the tv shows Bones, NCIS, and NCIS LA. My favorite book series are Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Maximum Ride, Warriors, Dragons in our Midst, Oracles of Fire, Eragon, and alot more I can't remember at the moment. But those are my main favorites. Oh, I like the Princess Diaries series too. Did I mention that I like to read?

message 45: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello Dovewing! We have some fave books eries in common : HP, PJ, MR, Eragon, PD. I don't really watch tv a lot, though. :) Thanks for joining; have fun!

message 46: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing :)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I accept to be a taste tester for all baked goods! (But I'm not a fan of apple pie.)

You should join our Angel Experiment buddy read that starts on the 15th.

Welcome!

message 48: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Sorry, the baked goods go to either my classmates, my family, or just me. And I am not very good at making pies, just cakes, cookies, brownies, muffins...

message 49: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Oh well fell free to send me some of any of those... Lol J/K :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Christmas is coming and I'll hit you up... LOL!

Lucky family and class.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.