The Reading Rainbow Coalition discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
Ok let's just skip over the part where I apologize about being a terrible human being by neglecting this book club... and go straight to the fun part, ok? I already feel guilty about it but if you feel the need, just go ahead and post about your disappointment... as long as you also suggest a book! Let's get some fun, light summer reading going on. What do you want to read while soaking some sun on the beach?

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (hippiefemme) | 9 comments I see that the club has read World War Z, but what about The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead by Max Brooks?

P.S. You don't need to feel guilty. If you had posted a book, I wouldn't have been able to read it due to finals and graduation. You've successfully alleviated my guilt, so now yours should go away, too!

message 3: by Billy Jo (new)

Billy Jo (showmebillyjo) I'm terrible. I have zero ideas that aren't series.

message 4: by Max (last edited Jun 13, 2010 06:50AM) (new)

Max (maxinvictus) | 23 comments The Name of the Wind. I have heard good things, and this would give me the excuse I need to bump some of my other stuff back ;D.

message 5: by Jacobmartin (new)

Jacobmartin | 11 comments I'd suggest either The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, or Train Man by Hitori Nakano.

If you pick the latter there's a free online translation that reflects how the internet posts that became the book originally appeared, but I wouldn't mind reading Oscar Wao again either.

Neither are series, and more people should read them.

I have a copy of Zombie Survival Guide, so that's still open.

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam (trickstertao) | 3 comments The Magicians by Lev Grossman. I recommend this one. Twice.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll recommend Snow Crash again.

message 8: by Max (new)

Max (maxinvictus) | 23 comments I would like to recommend anything but Snow Crash.

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (hippiefemme) | 9 comments Any chance we'll vote on the book soon? I realize this is stating the obvious, but if we don't choose soon, we'll be picking a book for July (unless that was the plan in the first place, in which case you should completely disregard this comment).

message 10: by Denise, Coalition Overlord (new)

Denise | 120 comments Mod
Uh oh... Sorry about that boys and girls. My email has apparently been shoving my Goodreads notifications in my junk folder. :( I'll have a poll up today.

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber (hippiefemme) | 9 comments It's been a while since we last had a group read. Wouldn't it be neat if we could go a full year without missing a month? We could make a joint resolution to do it!

message 12: by Max (new)

Max (maxinvictus) | 23 comments I'm in. It really all hinges on whether Denise wants to keep doing this.