The Sword and Laser discussion

Ian Tregillis
This topic is about Ian Tregillis
Author Questions / AMAs > Questions for Ian Tregillis

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica, Supreme Sword (new)

Veronica Belmont (veronicabelmont) | 1707 comments Mod
We're interviewing Ian Tregillis next week for the show... do you have any questions about Bitter Seeds that you'd like us to ask him?

If you're question is spoilery, please note it in the beginning of your post!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

SPOILERS AHOY!!! I would ask about the scene involving Reinhardt and the necrophilia, most of all. I had to read that paragraph about six times to make sure what I just read was actually what I just read, and I'm curious as to what purpose that Tregillis felt the development in the story served--What is it just to establish that the Nazi super-humans were severely twisted, or just a random character trait?

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan | 6 comments Questions for Ian:

Did you have Gretel's plans/reasoning mostly plotted out in your head before getting well along in writing the book or is her thinking a mystery to you too?

Li-ion batteries are a big leap for WWII. Is this meant to be a clue to their origin or just part of the super science?

<>
I love the negotiation aspect of the British side. How did you develop the idea of Eidolons as they appear in Bitter Seeds? Any particular references? (It's a different take on that label than I have seen before.)

Is Agnes in the basement?

message 4: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4193 comments How does he feel about the blurred lines of good and evil? Does he think Klaus and Gretel are more evil than Marsh or Will, for example? I sort of gave Klaus and Gretel a pass, as they were kids in Nazi Germany, there's an argument that they grew up brainwashed...

Is it possible to outgrow the evil?

message 5: by Ben (last edited May 30, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

Ben | 116 comments SPOILERS:

Regarding the sacrifice of British civilians, was his writing informed by the experiences of ULTRA codebreakers? I am thinking of the stories of those decrypting German code who would find out that bombing missions would hit their friends and family but couldn't warn them (lest the Germans become aware that their code had been broken).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bitter Seeds (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ian Tregillis (other topics)