Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jun 23, 2011 08:20AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
This forum is to discuss Nalini Singh's books.

Psy/Changelings

Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh

Angel's Blood series

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) by Nalini Singh

Silhouette Books
Craving Beauty (Silhouette Desire No. 1667) by Nalini Singh Awaken To Pleasure (Silhouette Desire No. 1602) by Nalini Singh Bound By Marriage (Silhouette Desire, #1781) by Nalini Singh Desert Warrior (Silhouette Desire No. 1529) by Nalini Singh Awaken The Senses (Dynasties The Ashtons) (Silhouette Desire No. 1651) by Nalini Singh Secrets In The Marriage Bed (Silhouette Desire) by Nalini Singh

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Please share your thoughts on Nalini Singh's books here.

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 269 comments I like the Psy/Changling stories. I tried to read Angels' Blood and didn't care for it.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I haven't read it yet, Carolyn. It's in the pile!

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments I'm the opposite, I like the Guild series much better than the Psy/Changling series, although I only tried one of the early ones and just couldn't get into it.

message 6: by Othena (last edited May 16, 2010 08:30PM) (new)

Othena I love the Psy/Changeling series.

*spoiler**
I like that the shifters in her books aren't all predators. There are deer,rats,and snakes. A friend of mine said 'eww' when I told her this and won't read the series. She said all she could think was "hiss" and didn't consider this romantic.

But I love that Nalini Singh has the imagination to incorporate all animals as shifters because animals in the real world have their purposes and she's brought them into her books.

I'm so jonesing for Hawke's & Siena's book.

message 7: by Cinquetta (new)

Cinquetta (darkfaer) | 18 comments If it not too much trouble please list ethnicity two main characters in each of her books. Thanks it help me to decide if I want her book. Also is all hero tall over 6'2' or more if less please let me know.

message 8: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Ohhh, i really like Nalini's books.
Psy-Changeling is good ( even though i sometimes confused with the technology, but the shifter is HAWT).
But i love Guild HUnter series ^^
Cant get enough for Raphael.
(FYI, Nalini had announced the title for Guild HUnter #3, is Archangel's Consort ^^ )

message 9: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments Ohhh I can't wait for the next Guild Hunter book!

message 10: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Is released March 2011 Crystal. Talk about tortured us ^^

message 11: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments Oh gawd, I don't think I can wait that long.......I love Raphael but I have a strange and slightly disturbing fascination with Ileum and Venom.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I have just got Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh out the library, I have only ever read her short story from Must Love Hellhounds. Is this a good book to start on, and hopefully not halfway through a running series?

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments It's the first of the Guild Hunters series-which happens to be my favorite series from her!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments That's good then, are her books more UF or PNR, does each book in the series have a different couple in it?

message 15: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments Her Psy/Changeling books are more PNR each book is about a different couple. Guild Series is more on the UF spectrum-the Guild series centers around Elena and Raphael as of right now she's contracted for 4 books, I belive she said. She said she would like to do some spin-off about the warriors in the Seven.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Cinquetta, there are quite a few mixes.

Mine to Possess has a part Black hero with a White heroine.

Hostage to Pleasure has a part Black heroine with a White hero.

Slave to Sensation has a heroine who is part East-Indian and White hero.

Blaze of Memory has a hero who is part East Indian.

I think all the heroes are tall and well-built. Hope that helps.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Started Angels Blood today and have nearly finished it! it is really good, although I am still abit wary of Rapheal for some reason. Although I love the wings! That would be good, the only people of the Seven I have met are Dmitri and Venom and they scare me a little lol I quite like Ransom though : )

I think I am going to read her Psy/Changeling series aswell

message 18: by Cinquetta (new)

Cinquetta (darkfaer) | 18 comments Thank you Danielle thank you! Yes it does help I need to get her books. I can't wait and hope storyline is good.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

You're welcome. Great storylines, steamy love scenes, great romance. The sci fi is somewhat heavy, but not in a bad way.

message 20: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Hi Danielle
Sometimes i feel to hard to understand the sci-fi part in Psy-Changeling, so i skip it, lol. My favorite of course the Changeling. They're all HOT. I hope they appear too in Bonds of Justice :(
For Guild Hunter, in Angel's Blood, i almost bored when read the first half part, but after that its become great ^^, i really love the ending.
And Archangel's Kiss is great too...^^

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I haven't started the Angel books yet. I'm reading Blaze of Memory right now. Dev is hot!!!

message 22: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) I recommended you to read Angel's Blood after read BoM. And yes Dev is hot ^^, but i prefer Judd Lauren ;)

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Well, my favorite will always be Dorian. But, NS can write very sexy heroes!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I just finished Angels Blood last night, I really liked it, I can't wait to read the next one and the Psy-Changeling series.

It has been ages since I have found a new PNR author to get stuck into so I am very happy she has a load of books out!

message 25: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) My shifter favorite is Riley, Danielle. Wolf boys is always SEXY ^^

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I do love Wolf boys. But, something about a cold, lethal assassin like Dorian and Judd.

message 27: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Ahh, yes really2 love Judd Lauren ^^. Something about cool and alpha hero, make you want to shiver..^^

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Yes, indeed.

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments @Suzanne-have you read anything by Kresley Cole or Karen Marie Moning?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Yep, I am massive Kresley Cole fan I have read everything she has written!

Karen Marie Moning, I have read most of her Highlander series but haven't read her UF series (forgotten what it is called!) It is on my TBR pile, I am waiting till teh next one is out, which I hard was teh last one, so that I can read them all at once!

Just reserved Angels Kiss at the library, can't wait to get my hands on it : )

message 31: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 46 comments Suzanne I think you will looooooove the Fever Series by KMM. You are probably right to wait until the last one comes out due to the cliffhanger endings.

message 32: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) I'm not read Fever series yet too
Cause when i know about the cliffhanger in DreamFever, i'll wait until Shadowfever released :)

And yep Suzanne, Angel's Kiss is great, i like the last part in this book ^^
Love Raphael :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I think I may just read the rest of KMMs Highlander ones first, then the Fever series.

Angels Kiss still hasn't arrived : (, but got Magic Bleeds yesterday so everything else went on hold and I finished i quite early this morning lol!

message 34: by Ty (new)

Ty Hello!

This is my first post ever in this community - I was led here through an LJ recommendation. Loooong time reader and, well, pretty cynical about the quality out there nowadays. I started young. :D I loved my Kinsales, and old-school Deverauxs and McNaughts...etc. Nothing but nothing has caught my attention as much in the past couple years as Nalini Singh's Archangel series. I know it's good when I know it's not just me - I immediately told my sister about it and she also devoured the series. An earlier post mentioned a March 2011 publish date for the next one - cue mental howl of pain. I haven't read her Psy series yet - I'm holding off. It's like savoring that last bite of chocolate cheesecake cuz you know it'll be so good, but so final. :D

message 35: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Hi Lychee, welcome to the club... er, community ^^
Glad you like Archangel's Kiss
Who will not love Raphael ?^^
And Nalini tortured us cause Archangel's Consort out March 2011, hiks :(
Try Psy-Changeling dear, they are have great story too ^^

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Welcome, Lychee! Nalini Singh is a fantastic writer. Her Psy series is great. I hope you enjoy it.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Have acquired [book:Slave to Sensation|178476 will start reading it soon!

Archangels Kiss is now at the library am going to rush over there tomorrow so I can start to devour it, but then I will have to wait until March for the next installment! Damn!

message 38: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) If only we have time machine Suzanne and Danielle..
:(

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'd get into a lot of trouble if I had a time machine. :)

message 40: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) What's trouble Danielle? ^^

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Oh, the things I'd do differently, and other stuff that I probably shouldn't say. :)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I think it would be dangerous having a time machine, but I guess there are things that everyone wish they could change.

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Too dangerous.

message 44: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Jun 18, 2011 08:12AM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) | 49 comments Can someone who's read the Psy/Changeling series explain the Cardinal eyes to me. It was explained in the earlier books but I've forgotten. Is it no white at all but with sparkles? Or, are they like normal human eyes but the iris is black, no pupil, and sparkles?

I should say stars instead of sparkles :P

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The Cardinal Psy have the black eyes with stars in them. I think they lack an iris and they have white speckles/stars.

message 46: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) | 49 comments Thanks LD!

Okkkkk, no white is just plain creepy. I guess that's a sign of true love when you can ignore something as disturbing as that. I would find it hard not to stare... I guess the stars would help, but the cold psy-ness just add to the creep factor.

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

It's a bit odd, but I admit, I like the Psys best in the books.

message 48: by Athena (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments I have issue with the Psy storylines - it's like a "brought out of silence by love" machine. I love her relationships - but I'm not too fond of those plots anymore. I squeed so loudly when I hit Branded by Fire: TWO CHANGELINGS. OMG! Riley is definitely one of my favorite wolves... besides Hawke (and I can't freaking wait to get to his darned book!!!!!!!).

I think the reason I'm having so much trouble getting through Mine to Possess is because there are no cats or wolves... lol

message 49: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I normally love shifters, but I just love the Psy aspect. I guess because I like the idea of a coldly, lethal person who can kill with the mind. And I like to see them thaw. Mine to Possess isn't one of my faves, to be honest.

message 50: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) | 49 comments I liked Mine to Possess. My least favorite of the series was Blaze of Memory. But I guess I'm the opposite from you Danielle, I love the changeling story lines more. Branded by Fire and Play of Passion were two of my favorites.

Athena hopefully there'll be a different route if she does a story with one of the arrows. The SnowDancer Psy did deflect on their own, love came after for them. Sort of. :P

« previous 1