Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Games, Fun Stuff > Name ONE Show You Feel is Too Stupid to Be on the Air

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Hi All,

Name ONE show that's on the air, it can be reality, drama, comedy, whatever you want, that you think is so stupid you can't believe someone put it on the air. Then please explain why you feel it's so stupid.

I know it's hard but name only one. LOL!

message 2: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited May 07, 2010 01:55PM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) For me, I need a drum roll. I've got to say, Mantracker is the STUPIDEST show I've ever seen. And what does that say about me since I've watched it? LOL.

Why I believe this? Because it is ridiculous. For those who don't know this show, it's about a man who is a forensics tracker expert who now uses his skills to try to track down teams of two people each week around different areas in various cities and towns.

He's on horseback the entire time while the two people are on foot. What's so stupid is that these people are supposed to evade Mantracker through the woods or whatever until they make it to a designated finish line, then the show is over. Now why would this be stupid?

Many reasons.

First off, how can it be that Mantracker can't see these people or that they can't see Mantracker when there is a big television crew, trailing in the woods along with all of them? (Just follow the cameras and crew.) Have mercy! And we are supposed to believe that this man is tracking folks down or that these folks are really being chased? Puhleese.

Another thing, no one ever finishes within an hour, UNTIL the show is over. I wonder what would happen if two folks finished before an hour? Would the show go off early or would they switch to other people? Sure is funny they can always stretch or limit these "chases" to an hour.

Oh and the silliest part of the show, how these people are racing to beat Mantracker yet they can stop in the middle of the forest and give interviews?

Wow. But it is entertaining, I gotta give it that. It's just that I wish they would stop calling these reality shows reality when we know they are anything but!

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 3: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 76 comments House of Pain. My mom loves it but then again she thinks Tyler Perry shits gold nuggets. I personally find it very crass & not humorous at all.

message 4: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 9 comments LOST...

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Just one? LOL.

message 6: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Eugenia wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Just one? LOL."

LOL. The just is ridiculous and I'm even more ridiculous for watching it."

I recorded that show out of curiousity and it is definitely filled with bitter, unhappy women. They sound like a high school clique when they discuss who's allowed in their little group.

message 7: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments I feel that the Bachelor shows are a waste of good air time. Like some dude feeling up 25 women looking to get noticed by Hollywood is going to find his soulmate. Plus there is no diversity on that show at all.

message 8: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments I think they're a bunch of really stupid shows but on another point, I kinda like watching the Soup so Joel McHale can make fun of them. It's hilarious.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6608 comments Mod
I love Joel Mchale. He's so funny and he makes other shows laughable on the soup.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

I think the women on Basketball Wives are immature. Why did I give that show my attention last night?

I think that Kendra from Kendra is ghetto.

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I watched it Saturday. It's not as bad as The Real Housewives, but probably not worth my attention that I spent on it.

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

For some strange reason, seeing the start up to Basketball Wives, where we see their picture and name and a basketball trophy, it reminded me of Bad Girls and I don't even watch that hot mess.

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I gave up the Bad Girls Club. I felt dirty after watching it. I just started to feel bad that someone would act so demeaning towards themselves on television.

Basketball Wives doesn't have quite that low a tone, but they did have a 'cat fight' with a groupie. (shaking head).

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

I believe the fights on these shows are for show and ratings. One while you are friends, the next while you are fighting and after the fight, next week you are friends again.

I guess these producers, etc. thinks that people want to see catfights. I don't even know why they call it cat fights.

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

In this case, I got the impression that the groupie had slept with the woman's husband, who had cheated on her in the past.

message 16: by Arch , Mod (new)

I know that one of the women sister had an affair with Shaq.

message 17: by Nisha (new)

Nisha (parakisu) | 55 comments Basketball Wives is definitely the stupidest. Especially since I was trying to figure out who they were married to, but no, only one of them was married. And isn't she encouraged to cheat because her husband is, or something. Seriously?

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

Yes, the woman was told by her friend to cheat, because her husband has cheated or is cheating. Her friend thinks that she should go out and find herself a man that would treat her better than her husband has.

I think that's wrong, because two wrong doesn't make a right. Adultery is wrong.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's pretty bad advice, IMHO. The lady is already at risk for STDs because her husband cheated. Now she's upping her risk by cheating, also. Condoms are not 100'% effective prevention, so thinking you're safe to cheat b/c you use them is a fallacy.

message 20: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle, plus, below the waist isn't the only way a person can get a STD.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Very true, Arch.

message 22: by Yolonda (last edited May 22, 2010 10:29PM) (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Eugenia wrote: "I watch Basketball Wives and laugh, cause the women are so...how can I say it stupid. But Shaunie O'Neal is not crazy, she is the executive producer of that show so she makes the money. She just di..."

What's funny is that as picky as Chili has been the first guy that she showed any real interest in just happened to be white. I'm now curious about the next episode because previews shows Tionna having a tantrum and Chili dating the white guy.

message 23: by Arch , Mod (new)

I've seen one episode of Jerry Springer's new show Baggage and I find the show to be stupid.

message 24: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) Stupid shows will make you stupid. Shows like Springer and others kill your brain cells.

message 25: by Arch , Mod (new)

Jo wrote: "Stupid shows will make you stupid. Shows like Springer and others kill your brain cells."

lol

message 26: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) It is true. I was 10% smarter before I watched Springer in 2007 and Flava of Love.

message 27: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Only one show?

I can't do this in only one show

American Idol
Apprentice
Housewives - all of them
The Hill

To name a few

message 28: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) The ugly truth is that show producers and creators know the shows ara stupid. They also know that their is a precentage of people who will watch and boost ratings.
The last stupid show I glanced at was 16 and pregnant.

message 29: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Basket Ball Wives and EVERY SINGLE REALITY SHOW EXCEPT FOR THE AMAZING RACE

Friends
Sex and the City

message 30: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jun 05, 2010 01:03PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 22 comments Sorry, but "Glee." I know so many people who like it including (can't believe I'm admitting this) my DH. *SIGH*

Also, any of those "Bachelor/Bachelorette" shows. Seriously? Oh, and any celebrity-based reality show, too.

I have pretty much stopped watching TV-too many books to read-but my DH shows me a snippet every now and then of one of his shows. Reality TV is destroying TV IMHO.

message 31: by Arch , Mod (new)

I love to see Joel Mchale makes fun of these shows.

message 32: by Alexis-Morgan (last edited Jun 05, 2010 01:56PM) (new)

Alexis-Morgan Roark (alexismroark) | 22 comments Arch wrote: "I love to see Joel Mchale makes fun of these shows."

He's on a show my DH watches called, "Community." Figured that out when I looked him up on Google. Can't decide if I like it based on the snippets I've seen or not. It's got GREAT characters from what I've seen.

message 33: by Arch , Mod (new)

Alexis wrote:"He's on a show my DH watches called, "Community." Figured that out when I looked him up on Google. Can't decide if I like it based on the snippets I've seen or not. It's got GREAT characters from what I've seen."

Yes, Joel plays on a comedy show on NBC. I don't catch NBC, so I don't get to see it.

message 34: by Valorie (new)

Valorie There are so many reality TV shows to choose from, I don't know where to start....

Any and All of the Housewives shows, Survivor, Amazing Race, those kitchen/cooking shows with that mean English guy, dancing with the stars, bachelor/bachelorette etc! I could go on forever!

message 35: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 9 comments Have anyone seen this stupid one I accidently ran across ... literally! "For the Love of Ray Jay"? Where do they get this?
To me, RayJay is right up there with Lil Wayne!... fugly!

message 36: by Arch , Mod (new)

Cher wrote: "Have anyone seen this stupid one I accidently ran across ... literally! "For the Love of Ray Jay"? Where do they get this?
To me, RayJay is right up there with Lil Wayne!... fugly!"

lol,

Reality shows sucks.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Cher, you would get along with my sister. She thinks Lil' Wayne is gross. :)

message 38: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (ebonycontessa) | 4 comments Good question!
I have a few!!Dog the Bounty Hunter OMG!!
Toddlers and Tiaras, any of the MTV reality shows.
American Idol.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Can't there are too many to name.

message 40: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Meme wrote: "Can't there are too many to name."

Ditto Lol.

message 41: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Arch wrote: "Cher wrote: "Have anyone seen this stupid one I accidently ran across ... literally! "For the Love of Ray Jay"? Where do they get this?
To me, RayJay is right up there with Lil Wayne!... fugly!"
..."

Is it that people don't have a life? I find it amazing that people actually spend time watching other people live their lives. Is this world getting stupid or what?

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Yes I do believe the world is getting stupid because they are putting more and more of these types of show's on tv now because people are watching them.. And that Ray Jay show nasty just plain ol nasty I can't believe his momma would want to even do a reality show with him after knowing all the stuff he did putting his business all on tv just gross. Remember when MTV was actually what it was and Vh1 what the heck happen?

message 43: by Vacirca (new)

Vacirca Vaughn | 23 comments HI everyone!

LOL@ Meme. Yeah I remember when Music Television actually put music on television. I haven't seen a music video on MTV or VH1 in ages! And as for Ray Jay and his sister, they are begging for attention. Instead of making music, the brother and sister team seem to be pimped by their own mother! First, Brandy had that foolish show about her fake marriage. Then Ray Jay played himself on For the Love... parts 1 and 2. After that, Brandy and Ray Jay make that show Family Business!

Having said all that, the worst show for me is that crazy show Bad Girls Club.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments Arch wrote: "I think the women on Basketball Wives are immature. Why did I give that show my attention last night?

I think that Kendra from Kendra is ghetto."

OMG! That show is so stupid they just played themselves.

message 45: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Meme wrote: "Yes I do believe the world is getting stupid because they are putting more and more of these types of show's on tv now because people are watching them.. And that Ray Jay show nasty just plain ol ..."

the only reality show i watch off an on is the amazing race and only because i love to travel and have traveled widely.

message 46: by The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (last edited Jan 21, 2011 10:10PM) (new)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments I know you said ONE, but there are so many!

Jersey Shore is a total waste of airtime. It is a sure sign of the apocalypse that someone named "Snooki" can be famous for acting like trash. It's rather telling when her own father doesn't understand why she's famous. I know black people have image issues, but Italians are stuck with either being mafia or these guys.

About 96% of reality television should be axed.

message 47: by Tina (new)

Tina | 19 comments If you want to make me ragey just mention Jersey Shore. It boggles that Snooki -- chick who is famous for tanning and drinking -- has a book published by a major pub and is getting press for it in major publications. I have no words.

I rarely watch tv anymore it is depressing.

message 48: by Arch , Mod (new)

Tina,

A lot of these reality people are getting book deals, etc. and that's sad, because a lot of real writers can't even get a book published. They are turned down, but because these people are on TV making fools of themselves, they get a book deal.

The situation has a workout video out too and I think he has a book out too or one is about to come out.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments It bothers me that that fools name is the situation... He is a situation a bad one if you ask me. I know nobody asked me.. lol

message 50: by Arch , Mod (new)

lol Meme.

I've seen a clip of his workout dvd, which I would never buy. He keep using the word situation.

« previous 1