This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I Hate It When Pieces of My Childhood Go Away Forever

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr. Detroit (last edited May 05, 2010 09:03AM) (new)

message 2: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ...because you're getting OLD.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Gretchen wrote: "...because you're getting OLD."

I can always count on you to cheer me up, Gretchen.

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments you're welcome!

message 5: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) please don't hate me for saying this but while i am not familiar with Harwell (don't watch baseball much unfortunately) i can realte to this... a rapper from a group i liked growing up died last week, also from cancer...

message 6: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Ah, yes, Cocho...Guru's death was pretty shocking, considering how influential he was in the hip-hop community.

I dread the day when Vin Scully passes away. There is no one, and I mean no one, alive today that broadcasts a baseball game like he does. Now, if we can sacrifice Joe Buck for 100 more years of Vin Scully...well, someone fetch me my machete.

message 7: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Gus wrote: "Ah, yes, Cocho...Guru's death was pretty shocking, considering how influential he was in the hip-hop community.

I dread the day when Vin Scully passes away. There is no one, and I mean no one, al..."

Throw in Doc Emerick of NHL-broadcast fame alongside Buck and you have a deal.

message 8: by melbourne (last edited May 05, 2010 01:41PM) (new)

melbourne (cocho) Vin Scully... Yes!!! I know who that is.. he is quite a commentator as well, for the dodgers.

Basketball is the only sport I got into once I came to the US and Chick Hearn's death was very saddening to me (as an Angelino).. he was to me, the best sports announcer (aside from Martin Tyler and Andy Gray and maybe Ray Hudson --- soccer commentators)... we take for granted that added magic that these people bring to sport...

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Martin Tyler is the MAN. I am so idiotically excited that he'll be calling the WC matches for ESPN.

message 10: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) indeed...