This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Have I Mentioned That I Hate My Neighbors???

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Knox Why are these people so fucking annoying? And why is it that annoying neighbors never seem to leave the apartment? I hate the fact that I am afraid of the dude because I think he's sociopathic.
I hate the fact that I can't write at home anymore because he's alway home, being his loud and obnoxious self. Salinger was correct in saying people with pretentions are annoying, but people with no regard for how they appear are worse. Fuck!
Should this be under the ghetto thread? I suppose these crappy apartments and ghetto ass neighbors qualify... even though I don't live next to a liquor store or check cashing place anymore. :/

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Me, too! The entire block except for maybe two houses. Most of them are retirees with nothing more on their plates than snooping around, comparing lawns, wondering why I don't do something about my goddamned garbage cans and recycle bin, and waiting for their obstructed bowels to clear.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Clark! My neighbors are the same. I don't mow the back lawn, our trash cans stay out front for days and I leave the kids bikes on the front lawn. We crap the place up. But so what!? That's my right as an American! I just got a letter from my HOA saying I have like 10 days to mow the back lawn and weed the flower beds or they're going to fine me. That shit pisses me off. My back yard isn't bothering anyone. I back to TREES! I would like to just refuse to do it and refuse to pay the fine. Except they'll revoke my pool pass and that's unacceptable. So I guess I have to do it.

Servius  Heiner Screw the pool pass. Make a stand. I recently decided I am going to stop paying my mortgage. It occurred to me that I will never own my house or my property. Even when I am done paying off the loan, then I will have to pay uncle sam in perpetuity. What is the point? And then when I die, whoever gets my stuff will take it in the ass with death taxes... Oh here your husband is dead, take all his stuff and a bill 500k.

message 5: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Gretchen wrote: "Clark! My neighbors are the same. I don't mow the back lawn, our trash cans stay out front for days and I leave the kids bikes on the front lawn. We crap the place up. But so what!? That's my right..."

HOA. Home Owner's Association or something to that effect?

I'm right on top of the yard work and all. It's just that I don't have the time to stand out front holding a hose and spraying down the lawn (that's what sprinklers are for) while worrying about how my place stacks up to the others in Peyton Place. Nor do I have time to organize the contents of my recycle bin so that it all fits in there nicely and doesn't blow around the neighborhood on trash day.

message 6: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) HOAs are FUCKING USELESS. We spend $150 each quarter, and for what? For $$$ that we have no idea where it's being allocated to. Better yet, we've been told we have NO RIGHT to ask how that $$$'s being allocated. But we have to pay, or these fuckbags put a lien on my house.

Dickweeds.

message 7: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No they've got me with the pool pass. I can't say screw it. I love the pool and so do my kids. I have to comply. My boss, a former attorney, suggested I find some loophole in the rules like maybe I can plant beach grasses that grow to 10 feet in height.

message 8: by Jen (last edited May 04, 2010 08:27AM) (new)

Jen Knox people should worry about their own damn lawns. my parents used to let our backyard grass/weeds grow tall enough that it felt like a jungle when I was a kid. it was fun going back there and playing, and the neighbor kids were jealous with their boring backyards and swingsets... so yeah. i think you should make a stand, too. bad time to lose a pool pass though... maybe you could cut it then put a bunch of trashy lawn ornaments all around your house--that would piss them off.

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) My girlfriend's dad jokes about going door to door with the appropriate forms and getting about 200 proxy votes for his HOA, then going to the meeting and dictating policy. It raises a good point, though-- HOAs tend to be run by those who show up. Go to the meetings, get a copy of the bylaws, run for the HOA board when they have an election.

Or, you know, just come here and bitch about it. It's what i do.