Let's All Write STORIES!!! discussion

Come Here First! > How about a Welcome?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 836 (836 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Okay since there isn't a welcome spot yet I decided to add one. (if you don't mind Sella)

So, hi, I'm Kenzie. I'm 13, love to read and write a ton!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I'm Ephona and I'm going into 9th grade next year.

message 3: by Sella (last edited Jun 01, 2008 04:29PM) (new)

Sella Malin Thanks Kenzie, I don't mind at all!

Hi. I'm Sella! I'm the moderator of this group (obviously). I'm 13, almost 14 (three months :D). I'm going into 8th grade next year. I love to read and write (duoh) and I have a 20 year old sister who's home for the summer, from college. YAY!!!!

P.S. I also like to dance and paint...and my favorite food is sushi. My favorite drink is a smoothie, and my favorite dessert is FUDGE. sorry that was random XD

message 4: by Michelle (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i'm Michelle, or Mimi, as i am liked to be called. i'm turning 14 in october and going into 8th grade in the fall. i'm going to borders at midnight august 2nd to get breaking dawn. I am a blonde lefty, so forgive me being a demented poptart.I love writing so much, i am often distracted and my teachers won't leave me alone about it if i write during class.

message 5: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Welcome Mimi!! I am also going to barnes in noble on august 2nd to get breaking dawn!!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) well i like borders better, so there :P

sorry, that was random.

message 7: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin That's okay. I don't know why, but I like Barnes & Noble Better.

:P You can have your opinion and I'll have my FACT. Lol I don't actually mean it. It's funny, my English teacher said that once. XD

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) mine did too, but i have no clue what she was talking about, no one can.

message 9: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin LOL.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) yeah, everyone laughs at her, too.

message 11: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Hi, I'm Teresa, I'm 13, going into 8th grade next year. I like to read and write (no way!).

I like Barnes and Nobles better for some reason, too! There's one closer to where I live, so maybe that's why.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i have no idea where the closest barnes and noble is, so that explains it.

message 13: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hi Teresa!! Same, Barnes and Noble is closer to me too.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) fine, be that way.

message 15: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 179 comments I'm Eileen, I love reading and writing, and I'm in fifth grade.

RANDOM: I love to skate, I hate my brother, and I wish someone would write a comment on my writing!!

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I've never been to barnes and noble, but I've been to borders plenty of times. It's unfortunate that my town doesn't have a bookstore at all though, and the nearest one is a half hour away(but we do have a library)

message 17: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hi Eileen! Hi Veronica!

That stinks, Veronica!! I would die if the nearest bookstore was half an hour away. :D

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) same here.

message 19: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) yeah, I don't buy books that often...but sometimes I don't read books for a while. I think I get most of the books I own in december what with christmas and my birthday. Once I got 17 books for christmas, and two for my birthday! I still haven't read four or five of them...and I think it was about 3 years ago...

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) wow, really? i would have read them all within the next year! but im obsessive that way.

message 21: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I wish people would stop giving me junk for my birthday and christmas and give me book giftcards and cash. But hey, I'll just have to buy them with money I earn a different way...

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I was happy when I had two gift cards for borders that added up to $40. I spent it all at once, and almost spent more....

message 23: by Sella (last edited Jun 01, 2008 05:26PM) (new)

Sella Malin I buy books a lot...mostly because they're books that just came out, so you can't get them at the library.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) exactly

message 25: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Last time I went to a bookstore I spent $61. I was easily able to spend $220 or so more, but I didn't have the money...pooh.

message 26: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 179 comments I go to the library a lot more than i used to now..... i'm in a high level of reading.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) i hate the library, the selection is so limited and the level is way below that of my own. bookstores have EVERYTHING and that's why i like them so much.

message 28: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I like the library because it is close, and that way I don't spend any money on a book that might really suck.

message 29: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie When I go to the bookstore I usually buy books that I've already read and loved, then there's no chance of me hating the book.

message 30: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Same here. But I also buy books that I have read all the other books in the series, and it just came out.

message 31: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I don't. I choose books the same way I do at the library. I don't reread books that often, and only if I really liked them and/or I don't remember what happened.

message 32: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 179 comments I only buy books I want so bad like the battle of the labyrinth of the deathly hallows.

message 33: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Or Breaking Dawn when it comes out!!

message 34: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 179 comments I didn't fin the twilight series yet. I must fin!!!

message 35: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin It's SO good! But yeah, same here. I'm on Eclipse.

message 36: by Maya (new)

Maya Irena (mayairena) | 1 comments Hullo, I'm Maya and I'm 20..
Gosh! I feel very old compared to you all! Hmm, am I the oldest member of this group? (I hope not..)
Nah, but I don't really care about that kind of stuff!

Hey, I like some of your ideas here, they're really fresh and unique XD

Well, it's nice to meet you all!
and thanks for the invite Sella..

message 37: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hi Maya! Don't feel bad about your age. None of us mind!

No problem 'bout the invite, Maya! :D

message 38: by Brighde (last edited Jun 01, 2008 08:21PM) (new)

Brighde | 6 comments Hi, I'm Brighde. Pronounced Bri-jed, its irish.. XD. I am going into 8th grade. And a have a small (well large) library. Ever since I was little all I asked were giftcards to bookstores instead of clothes or dolls (well now I ask for some clothes) so I bought a lot of books. But recently I've been using the library more, but the public one round here sucks. It has more computers than books!!! So its a good thing theres bookstores.

Oh and Maya, don't feel bad about your age, for all anyone knows I could be 80 (NOT, truly you can see from my pic) or you could be 10. So yeah.

message 39: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hi Brighde!!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Your 10? Sweet! I started my writing career at 11...

message 41: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Um, actually, nobody is 10, I don't think, Ephona. I think that Brighde was using an example...

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Oh. Well I can see she's young! Were all strangely aged writers here ^-^

message 43: by Novin (new)

Novin Hey. I'm Novin;14 & about to finish 8th grade(3 exams remaining) I really love writing & reading & I write haikus & some times short stories(I write haikus both in persian & English but I don't have many english stories ) I like buying books more than getting from library 'cuase I like expanding my own library!& I'm really glad to be here! ... that's it !

message 44: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (ibscorpioqueen) | 2 comments Maya just got to be the next oldest of the group! Hahahahah I am 31! I don't really care about anyone's age though because their writing has nothing to do with their age I have found out lately!

message 45: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) That is so true! There are a lot of talented people on this site, and from their writing they all seem the same age, whatever that might be.

message 46: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I agree!!

message 47: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 this post may be a little late, but...
the closest bookstore to me is about 30 min. aways too!!!!! its so annoying, when you like, need a good book, and you need it now! we have a library in my town, but it doesn't get all the new new-realeases for a while. i dont really go to borders a whole lot. i swear, ive been there less than 10 times in my lifetime. and yes, it doesnt matter how old we are--we're all writers at heart!

message 48: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin That stinks!!

message 49: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I know!!!!

message 50: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Well, I'm Ryan! 12, going into 7th grade, and sportsy!

You guys are all great writers! I read some stories and I think they should be published!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17