This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Multiplying screw-ups

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It seems like when I screw one thing up I start screwing everything up. I fuck up a personal thing and then the next day at work I find an $8000 mistake, and on and on and on. I think really it's just that I totally beat myself up for the original fuck up, walking around saying "stupid! stupid! stupid!" in my head. Then every little minor thing seems like another huge mistake and evidence that I am a stupid fuck-up!

message 2: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Answer: stop being a fuck-up. There. I fixed it. I saved you a ton of $$$ on therapy session.

You can thank me later.

message 3: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit Gretchen wrote: "It seems like when I screw one thing up I start screwing everything up. I fuck up a personal thing and then the next day at work I find an $8000 mistake, and on and on and on. I think really it's j..."

That's why your employer's motto is, "Hire the handicapped. They're fun to watch."

message 4: by smetchie (last edited Apr 28, 2010 05:40PM) (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Gus wrote: "Answer: stop being a fuck-up. There. I fixed it. I saved you a ton of $$$ on therapy session.

You can thank me later."

I can't! That's the problem. Once it starts it just keeps going. Tonight I knocked a brand new bottle of chili oil of the shelf, cut open my toe and splattered chili oil all over my pants, the wall and floor then almost burned dinner while I was trying to clean it up. Three beers later, I'm starting to feel better about being such a fuck-up. But I'm sure something awful will happen soon.

message 5: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments Do you need a sabbatical in the Red Tent?

Also, if you just get drunk, you can knock chili oil all over holy hell and just blame it on your alcoholism and not your retardation. Everyone wins!

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kristina you get clumsy when you're on your period too?

message 7: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments I get clumsy AND pissed.... very quick to tears of anger. Mostly, I want to just run in a circle and scream or kick something helpless, like a hobo or a fish.

message 8: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) i feel your pain but thankfully i just deal in books and information.. if i dealt in money i'd be broke and homeless... my suggestion: go back in time and fix the thing you originally mucked up, then everything else will take care of itself...
ta'

message 9: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Pip pip

message 10: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) who says that?

Servius  Heiner She does.

message 12: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) ...

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Gretchen wrote: "Pip pip"
cocho wrote: "who says that?"

Characters in P.G. Wodehouse novels and other fictional types attempting to sound British.

What ho, cocho!

message 14: by melbourne (new)

melbourne (cocho) thought so... you won't find anyone where i'm from speaking like that... always amuses me how people perceive the idiosyncracies of other cultures....

cheers.

message 15: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Gee whillikers, miss Bunny! You mean limeys don't really talk like that? Jeepers, you sure do know a lot of stuff!