Moning Maniacs discussion

FEVER : Characters > Barrons

Comments Showing 1-50 of 466 (466 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
What can I say. Barrons is the sexiest male character ever created. I just love him. I was so obsessed with him while reading this series.

I loved that he was so quiet and mysterious. And I love it that we know he is very powerful but not how much. I also love that we know nothing about his past. Book 5 will answer all our questions about him. Can't wait.

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) It seems like at first you want to hate Barrons, he is the master manipulator, but then you can see the chemistry between him and Mac and you really would like to see them together.

I think Mac has gotten to him too. He does little things to make things up to her when he has pissed her off, like giving her creature comforts at the bookstore or letting her drive one of his cars.

message 3: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

What I love the most of them together is that you get to love them even though nothing has really happened between them. This never happened for me with other books I have read.

I mean, you love the couple for everything that happens to them and how they feel about each other. In this series you love this couple because of all the sexual tension there's between them constantly. You're just constantly wishing for something to happen. And you get extremely happy only for little things that happen between them. It is amazing how Moning makes us to fall for them.

message 4: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I know, so much tension had been accumulating that once it got released it was SUPER hot! LOL.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) I love it when Barrons slips and calls her Mac instead of Miss Lane. It is the small things that show how much he cares. I also loved it when Mac gave him the birthday cake and he freaked out.

message 6: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

LOL, that moment was priceless. I LMAO hard for days. Loved that scene.

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 15 comments I love Barrons. And I almost cried...no I did cry when Barrons said and I quote..."You're leaving me Rainbow girl." end quote. I love him and I feel there is more to him than his smart ass remarks and bad ass act.

message 8: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Oh, I know. He has so much hidden inside, I just want to discover it. I know this book that is coming will be a revelation because so many doubts and mysteries have been accumulating through all the books that once they get answered I'll dye.

At least we know Barrons loves Mac, we just need him to tell her,lol. I just love the 2 of them together. Every scene with both of them I get crazy with enthusiasm.

message 9: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 15 comments Agreed. I would love to read a book from Barrons POV.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) Courtney wrote: "Agreed. I would love to read a book from Barrons POV."

That would be interesting. It would also be interesting to see the whole series written from Barrons point of view. I would love to know exactly what he thought if Mac at first and even later, but especially at the beginning.

message 11: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Oh, me too. I dye to know what he was thinking all those times. He'[s just so quiet and mysterious. I love him! lol

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather | 45 comments My favorite quote was when Barrons was bringing her back from being Priya.

he says something like "Shit I have a mind to keep you like this forever!!" I was like thud!!!

message 13: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Ohhhhh, I loved that one. That moment in the series was amazing. I know it wasn't as I imagined it because I thought that once they would finally be together it would be all sweet and all, but I guess with Barrons nothing is as you expected. Nevertheless, Barrons said things while he thought she wasn't listening to him that made me completely melt. I wish we could get more quotes of that moment.

message 14: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 187 comments so what wtf IS barrons anyway?
(or is that being discussed on another thread??)

message 15: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

It's ok to talk about that here. We're not sure yet though.
the options so far are:
- One of the beasts.
- The lost UnSeelie king
-???

lol. Am I forgetting anything?

message 16: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 187 comments I replied over on the Series Theories--With Spoilers! Thread!!

message 17: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

checking it right away.

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 15 comments I want Barrons now....Makes me wanna read about him dancing naked again.

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) Courtney wrote: "I want Barrons now....Makes me wanna read about him dancing naked again."

That was great!!

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 15 comments I couldnt stop laughing. That was one of the most halarious times that I have every read with him in it.

message 21: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I wanna read more about Barrons. I wish Moning would give us some more.
Love Smiley

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) so, when's the re-read? I'm craving some Barrons! I just want Barrons and Mac to admit their attraction, and get it together NON_PRIYA (or however it's spelled)

message 23: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments I think we voted for the re-read to start October, but Ive been bugging Vale ever since to move it up! LOL I'm going to explode if Oct. doesn't hurry up.

message 24: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

hahahahahahahahahaha.

Maybe we should have a mini-reread for those as crazy with the series as we are. Because I'm going crazy as well.
Specially because I have this friend reading it and loving it. Every time she tells me about the parts she's reading I go crazy dying to read them again.

That re-read will be awesome, specially because I have forgotten a lot of things. But maybe waiting for the date established for the re-read will be the best because the more we wait the more we'll love it.

What do you think? I think we should wait till October and go crazy all together. No cheating ladies!! lol.

message 25: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments Hmmphh. I guess I can wait a bit longer...but I don't know if the moaning and complaining will stop. lol ;~)

message 26: by Jesse (new)

Jesse (Jessep) | 12 comments BARONS...Oh BARONS...I love you. hehehe. I don't know what he will end up being, but as long as there is a lot of him, I don't care! He is such a great Alpha male character and the tension between him and Mac...HOT. He was incredibly sexy and then sweet when he brought her back from being Priya. When he made her call his name...Oh my gosh, I think my heart just stopped thinking about it. I know part of it was trying to bring her back to herself, but you knew, you just knew that he craved hearing her say it so much! And then you could just feel his emotions dripping from the page when he was talking to her about how she would feel when she came back to herself. Oh man Oh man. Why are all the books that I want to read most of all not coming out until the end of this year! It kills me.

message 27: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

OMG Stop talking about those parts ladies. You're killing me. I loved those parts, OMG, I'm not strong enough to wait if you keep making me remember parts like those.

You're mean Jesse, you have no mercy. LOL.

message 28: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 187 comments I totally saw it that way too- I can't believe anyone can think he *doesn't* love her for those passages alone!

message 29: by Zeek (new)

Zeek | 187 comments Like I told someone else yesterday, It's sick how much I'm obsessed with him! haha!

message 30: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I know, and I can´t understand how some say he doesn´t love her, for me that has been clear for a while now.

message 31: by Jesse (new)

Jesse (Jessep) | 12 comments Lady Vale wrote: "OMG Stop talking about those parts ladies. You're killing me. I loved those parts, OMG, I'm not strong enough to wait if you keep making me remember parts like those.

You're mean Jesse, you have ..."

I know, I know...It's just cruel!

message 32: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I think I am more insane about the series than any other one. There is so much riding on the book in December. I pray that we will not be disappointed! I hope we get to see more of Barrons dancing naked.... Every time I picture it I get chills! ha ha

message 33: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Lady Vale wrote: "I know, and I can´t understand how some say he doesn´t love her, for me that has been clear for a while now."

He TOTALLY loves her! They just have to admit it. It has been apparent for so long!!!!! Who is this person who says he doesn't love her???? I will have words with them! ha ha : )

message 34: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

hahahahaha, that was funny Mer,lol. You go girl, let them know that who messes up with Barrons will have a lot of furious ladies (Like us) against,lol.

message 35: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Yeah, I am very protective of my Barrons! Has anyone heard if Moning will be releasing any more excerpts from Shadowfever? I wonder if it is finished yet?

message 36: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

We should be receiving it in our mails, so I guess not. Have you registered to receive her excerpts by mail?

message 37: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments No, but I will do that!!!! Has anyone pre-ordered the book? I see that Amazon has it for pre-order now. I always end up going to the book store the day it is released so I can get the book immediately. If I order it in advance from Amazon will I get it that day? Does anyone know? Thanks!

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) Meredith Barrons wrote: "Lady Vale wrote: "I know, and I can´t understand how some say he doesn´t love her, for me that has been clear for a while now."

He TOTALLY loves her! They just have to admit it. It has been a..."

I'm with you on this Meredith- Mac and Barrons just gotta admit to it already- they are perfect for each other..maybe we should move the re-read to sept??? I'm getting antsy

message 39: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments I am getting super antsy myself. I don't know how we are all going to wait until December! AHHHH! I guess we could start in Sept, and just read one a month until December? Vale- what do you think?

message 40: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

hahahaha, I'm going super crazy and excited about the re-read as all of you girls. I need more Barrons myself, for me it's fine to move it to September. My problem with that is that I know myself and I won't be able to read only one and stop. I just know that once I re-read the first I will be dying to read the next.

message 41: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

But if what you all want is to move it to sept we will do that. Just remember that the group has a lot of members and I need more than 4 people asking to move it,lol.

message 42: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Hmm, should we send out a vote to the group and see what people would prefer?

message 43: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Ok, if that's what you want guys, I'll ask,lol.

message 44: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments I'm antsy, but I think I can wait a bit longer. Maybe...

message 45: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) You know you could always do the re-read twice. I realize this would be a hardship, but I do think you girls would be up to the challenge. :)

message 46: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

hahahaha, yeah, we look like crazy people totally obsessed,lol. People who haven't read the series would think we're totally crazy,lol.

message 47: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 237 comments Twice, huh? Almost sounds reasonable. LOL

message 48: by Heather (new)

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) I know we look crazy, but who are we kidding? We all know we will take any excuse to read this series over and over

message 49: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

hahahahaha.

message 50: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 98 comments Yep, we all sound insane but I think anyone who would start reading the series would most likely end up the same way! No one would have to twist my arm to read it twice more! ha ha

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10