Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > What was the last book you read that really moved you?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I am an emotional reader. My favorite books are the ones that affect me emotionally. Sometimes, it's hard when I go through a stretch where I read books that don't cause me to feel any emotions. It's disappointing to me. Are you an emotional reader?

What was the last book you read that inspired strong emotions in you, positive or negative? Has a book moved you lately?

I'd have to say that Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs by Patricia Briggs utterly moved me emotionally. My sister was having surgery and we were waiting for the doctor to come out to talk to us. It kept my mind off the possible bad consequences of the surgery. A bomb could have dropped on the hospital, and I wouldn't have noticed. That's how involved I was with this book.

Also, The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter by Gena Showalter was a deep read. It was so funny, and I got involved with the characters. I was sad for Lucien, and I really wanted Anya to get her man. It wasn't the same emotional effect as Cry Wolf, but I was enthralled and engaged.

I am sad to say that few interracial romances have done that for me lately. I guess that I why I read at least 10 non-IR books for every 1 IR book.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6608 comments Mod
Danielle, besides your story and Rae's story. I haven't been reading black woman/white man interracial stories. Well, besides Jewel Adams Against The Odds, which I like. It was a good sweet story.

I tend to read a lot of non-interracial books.

I haven't read any emotional books lately.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle how is your sister?

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

She's pretty good. She was a little painful yesterday.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "She's pretty good. She was a little painful yesterday."

I hope she is getting a lot of rest.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

She is.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "She is."

That's good.