The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Group Read Nominations > Nominations Closed: Group Read May/June 2010

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Even though the April/May read is still in full swing, we thought it would be good to get ahead in the nomination and voting for the May/June Group Read.

General rules for Group Reads. Please read before you create your post.

One nomination per person from any mystery genre. Authors, please no self-nominations.

Nominations will be open until Thursday, April 29th, with voting until May 5th.

For your post, use Title, Author, Link (use the "add book/author" link at top of comment box), and nothing else, thank you.

The person who nominated the winning book will be the leader of the discussion. The discussion leader's job does not have to be elaborate. A few comments or questions to keep the discussion moving along will be fine or it can be more if you like.

Since we are a rather international group please check Amazon or some other site to make sure the book is readily available. Is it available in paperback? Used? Your local library? The last thing we want is to nominate a great book that no one can get!

Finally, a word about series - the joy or bane of a mystery reader’s life! Please consider whether the book you are nominating would be best read by someone who has read all the previous books in the series or can be enjoyed by someone new to the series too.

message 2: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited Apr 22, 2010 01:16AM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
I'll try again with Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann
(as it is one I have at home...thank you Bettie!)

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 8415 comments The Laughing Policeman by Maj Sjowall

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (barrygreenback) Roadside Crosses by Jeffrey Deaver

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

In the Woods by Tana French

message 9: by Craig (new)

Craig Sisterson (kiwicraig) | 59 comments I should probably nominate a New Zealand crime novel, but this month I'm going to second Maxine's nomination here. Yrsa Sigurðardóttir's MY SOUL TO TAKE

message 11: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (last edited Apr 24, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) | 2060 comments Mod
No need to second the nominations.

Craig and Diane, you can nominated something else if you want.

Diane, voting will start later... (instructions above in message # 1)

message 12: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Diane wrote: "I vote for My Soul to Take"

Diane, did you mean the book by Rachel Vincent or the book by Yrsa Siguroardottir<

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 5 comments Hayes wrote: "I'll try again with Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann
(as it is one I have at home...thank you Bettie!)"

I loved this book! It was very unusual, and kept me guessing.

The Pfaeffle Journal (Diane) (the_pfaeffle_journal) Donna wrote: "Diane wrote: "I vote for My Soul to Take"

Diane, did you mean the book by Rachel Vincent or the book by Yrsa Siguroardottir<"

Yrsa Siguroardottir is the one I meant.

The Pfaeffle Journal (Diane) (the_pfaeffle_journal) I have been wanting to read this one for awhile Raven Black
by Ann Cleeves. It is the first in a series called the Shetland Island Quartet.

So I throw this one in the hat, also.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.