What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED-School-wide game involving names written on cards [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Angel | 21 comments Its been a long time since I read this book, but its been coming back and bugging me.

Its a story about this school-wide game where everybody gets a card or a small piece of paper with another students name on it. The object was to go after that person and get the names they had. The winner is the person who ends up with all the names.

The main characters were a boy, a girl and a teacher. The girl went from school to school playing this game and she always won, but I think she turned out not to be human. There was a scene where she turned into small golden lights or dust or something. The teacher broke the cycle in the end by winning. I can't really remember too much else. If this rings any bells for anyone can you post the name of the book?
Thanks, Angel

message 2: by Recynd (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Recynd | 18 comments Could it have been called something like "Dungeons and Dragons"...no, "Mazes and Monsters"? That's what I'm thinking of.

message 3: by Angel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Angel | 21 comments hmm...I looked that one up and thats not it. The game they were playing wasn't a role playing game. But thanks for trying!

message 4: by Angel (new)

Angel | 21 comments Just wanted to bump this up since its been almost a year and a half. I edited the description a bit hoping some new members will know what this is.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 220 comments You might be looking for Alien Game by Catherine Dexter.
Summary: Christina, a popular new girl at Oak Hill Academy, enrolls just in time to play Elimination, in which the students and teachers pretend to ""kill"" each other, but Zoe, a fellow student, soon learns that Christina is playing for real.

message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel | 21 comments Yup, thats it. Thanks so much!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 220 comments You're welcome!