The Accidental The Accidental discussion

The Accidental

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charles (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:03AM) (new)

Charles Not the easiest read and quite difficult to get into. But perseverance pays off. Some clever writing, particularly from the viewpoint of a 12-year-old girl.

message 2: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Warden You've got to admire the shifts in voice and the way there is a writing tool that is individual to each character.

I love this book

message 3: by Mark (last edited Apr 28, 2013 12:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Norwood A good book which I enjoyed but I don't think it was as spectacular as the reviews made out as the storyline/plot was rather weak for such a well written piece.

Sophia Roberts I found it rather menacing - I mean what would you do if someone just walked into your life like this? And - what if you found it was your fault; because you had let them in?

I'm re-reading it, now, and I think I'm left with the impression that this story was an accident waiting to happen - hence the title? And not just one accident, either.

message 5: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben Warden I agree Sophia, its got a very unsettling atmosphere as a whole. Good title as well isn't it?

Catherine (Bakerreadsbooks) I also liked how it went full cycle with Eve being the host to a girl she didn't know and then Eve being taken in by the family at the end who confused her identity but then let her stay, thus Eve becomes Amber.