Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Series Discussions > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LOVEFORBOOKS (new)

LOVEFORBOOKS (nosaintsfan23) | 5 comments Does anyone find it weird that the vampires sparkle?

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Yeah............but what are you gonna do???

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) Yeah that was a little over the top and when I saw it in the movie I just could not be serious about it.

message 4: by Deanne (new)

Deanne I try not to use teh movie as a reference point. I was not a fan of them! The books are a completely different story. I loved them, such a great read

message 5: by AH (new)

AH Sparkling vampires was a weird concept, however, every author has the right to build their characters as they see fit. This was Stephenie Meyer's way of showing that her vampires were able to be out during the daylight hours, but they had to avoid the sun because they sparkled. Her vampires also did not sleep at all, unlike regular vampire lore.

Maybe we need to have a forum just on comparing vampire lore in different book series or has this been done already?

I think if you look at her books as the love story of Bella and Edward, you see that she captures the intensity of first love really well. Suspend belief and remember that it is only a story.

Vampires do not exist in our world, but they do in the fictional world. Enjoy.....

message 6: by LOVEFORBOOKS (new)

LOVEFORBOOKS (nosaintsfan23) | 5 comments Yeah thats true and i respect her for being different and i liked the first movie but i loved the second. In case you didnt already know Midnight Sun is coming out next month.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 60 comments There is also a novella coming out shortly: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: an Eclipse Novella. They are offering it in bookstores with $1 from each sale going to the American Red Cross, but it will also available for free at www.breetanner.com beginning at noon on June 7th through July 5th.

message 8: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Amber wrote: "Yeah thats true and i respect her for being different and i liked the first movie but i loved the second. In case you didnt already know Midnight Sun is coming out next month."

Are you sure about this? My understanding was that she was still sitting on it and there was no projected publishing date.

message 9: by LOVEFORBOOKS (new)

LOVEFORBOOKS (nosaintsfan23) | 5 comments Yep pretty sure

message 10: by AH (new)

AH Re Midnight Sun...I think you got April Fooled. I think that if she is going to finish Midnight Sun, there would be something on her website. Nothing there.

message 11: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 42 comments I think its wierd but I think its nice that Meyer has now put her own specfic stamp on Vampire"mythology.

I dislike this series but I still admire what Meyer has created

The Angel in Hell (kitty_cat_angel) yeah, about midnight sun. shes sitting on it for now, cuz of what happened.