Variable Star Variable Star discussion

Finally a properly-edited SF book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

H M This is the first SF novel in a long time that didn't strike me as rushed and poorly edited. The ending sequence should have been tied in better, but the story and quality of prose more than made up for it.

message 2: by Joel (last edited Apr 28, 2013 05:31AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Joel Kirk I was highly disappointed with this novel, and found it poorly written; a task to get through. Whatever plot that could have been built upon was jettisoned early in the book.

message 3: by Gregory (new) - added it

Gregory Rothbard Maybe it depends on how you go about reading this book. I think both a printed version and a good audio version help make this book a fun listen and a delight to read. Just learn to relax baby!

Mailordermonster One thing I'd like to point out about this book. There's two characters named Jules and Richie who are obviously Jules and Ricky from the TV show Trailer Park Boys. They're both failed "crop" producers who have done time, they both say common phrases that have been slightly bungled for comedic effect, and Jules always have a drink in his hand.This dragged me right out of the story and kind of ruined several moments throughout the book.
I'll give you one guess as to who was responsible for those characters, Heinlein or Spider?