Start by marking “Adventures In Avalon: An Offbeat & Quirky Adult Bedtime Story” as Want to Read:
Adventures In Avalon: An Offbeat & Quirky Adult Bedtime Story

Adventures In Avalon: An Offbeat & Quirky Adult Bedtime Story

Intrepid reporter Ginger Marin discovers a lost civilization of cartoon people living in Middle America, in a town called Avalon in the County of Ligature-Upon-Avon … one of those quaint little communities that is somewhat lost in American space, neither here nor there but definitely somewhere.

Her dispatches from the front lines will thrill and excite you as she describes
Paperback, 1st, 180 pages
Published June 24th 2016 by Bijou Entertainment

J. Bartell
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Why did I like this book? Let me count the ways.
1.  The humor is not forced.  It simply flowed from the authors imagination to mine.
2.   In this high-tech world which requires a lot of mental ‘heavy lifting’,  it was wonderful to get away from it all by simply lifting this well written book filled with imaginary characters.
3.    I normally want to get through a book quickly, but in this case, I found myself slowing down in order to catch every little morsel of this creative storytelling.
4.   I l
Sherry Krakauer
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ginger Marin's approach is very unique storytelling from her "Dispatches" from Avalon to the funny detective stories of the Avalon police department. I recommend this book for those wanting something unusual, funny and a short read.
251 Things To Do
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WARNING: This is NOT a kids book! A quick glance at the cover and you may think it is, but it is so much more...The novel opens up with a description of the unique town of Avalon. A human female news reporter (the author quite possibly) finds herself caught up in this undiscovered real cartoon town. Yes, cartoon!

The beginning of the story centers around a case of domestic abuse, where the wife cuts off her husband’s penis. Scheduled for surgery to re-attach his member, and attending court… the r
Andrew Yuen
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An irresistible little bowl of nuts. Intrepid ace reporter Ginger Marin (as her character in the book) is as cracked as her crazy detectives in the cartoon town of Avalon. The author knows how paint a wonderful picture with her words as all the characters appear to have their ‘thumbs on the pulse of the community’. I had a happy 4th of July thanks to this book!
Lew  Stewarts
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a cleverly written adult "bedtime" story that offers giggles galore along the way to a very charming ending for one of its crazy tales. It's adult themed, satirical and downright goofy funny as Ms. Marin gets lost in Avalon and reports on the goings on of the various people and events in this cartoon community. An imaginative piece that's well worth your time for something, I think, that's quite different. These characters deserve to have a long life in future books.
Jacob M.
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t know what to expect with this book but the description sounded wacky enough to entice me to give it a read. And boy was I glad I did. It was a good find to be sure as it is quite delightful. I really did feel as if I entered into a cartoon world.
Gigi Harris-Masters
A super fun read. Witty, charming and creative. I love this book!
Linda Bennedetto
Ginger Marin has managed to create a very different kind of reading experience with her Adventures in Avalon. It’s simply written from the perspective of a journalist lost in “Middle America” who comes across a town of crazy cartoon people and turn morphs into funny detective stories with a wonderful array of characters. At that point you’ll think you entered Adventures in Avalon, the TV show (not yet produced, of course). I imagine that’s the idea because you can very clearly see these characte ...more
James Dyar
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
-escaped from the booby hatch-

Obviously the author has fled reality a while ago, and is currently living in a blanket fort in Carl Jung's living room. After reading this I'm convinced that its actually coded with secret messages asking for chew toys and Chateau Lafite wine. don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. :)
Benjamin Rivers
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And now for something completely different. I am happy to report that Adventures in Avalon makes for a humorous good read. It’s smartly written in an unusual manner. I never laughed so hard at a severed penis story before - described as “the top banana”. And that's just one of the author's funny detective stories courtesy of the Avalon Defense Department. Truly enjoyable.
Marla
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an avid reader of gumshoe and whodunit novels, I enjoyed this delightful romp through the eyes of Ginger Marin. Fast paced and genuinely funny. Kept me on my seat from beginning to end. I highly recommend this.
Susan Harrold
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! This book has a windfall of crazy characters. Worth every minute of your time. I can’t stop thinking about some of the great lines and analogies and the case files of the Avalon Defense Department are absolute gems. This silliness rocks. Prepare for time travel back to your childhood. I love WingWing! Actually I love General Schnitzkof too.

The stories are first introduced by author Ginger Marin as her own character, a reporter, who gets lost in Avalon, a cartoon community somewhere in Amer
Gary Williams
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
On one level you might think you'd be reading a children's book but I assure you otherwise. Ms. Marin's clever content adds enough adult humor for the crowd. Her first tale has a severed penis (never actually called that - it's "the wiener" or "the top banana") and rough sex. The second tale offers up homosexuality and a pedophile priest, while the third tale gives us a pervert and a brothel. All of these are in the context of the Avalon Defense Department's police case files. Then there are the ...more
Mary Robbens
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adults rejoice! Take a load off, grab your favorite beverage and snack and get out your reading glasses if you need them. You're sure to enjoy Adventures in Avalon if you like simple fun and offbeat literature. The book is short but it's filled with delightful imagery and oddball characters. I loved everything about it from it's weird premise to how Ms. Marin expresses herself as both the author and her own character within the book's pages. This cartoon rocks. A shout out to General Schnitzkof ...more
Sunny Margolies
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this one's a keeper. Read it, have fun, keep it for when the kids are old enough to "get" all the wonderful satire and bits of naughtiness. This was a very cute and funny book.
Sandy J.
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The whole town of Avalon is a looney bin. Definitely worth visiting!
Peter Hernandez
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is serious fun. As a fan of South Park, I can only say I appreciated this work by Ginger Marin very much. The setting is Avalon in Middle America, wherever that may be. It's no where and everywhere in some little town with its oddball characters who in this case are cartoon people. The detective tales, three of which are in this first book, in what I believe is hoping to be a series, are well defined as are the stories themselves. It's five star fun and yes, it's for adults.
Scott Glenn
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very creative little book with well drawn characters. Truly one to make you smile, followed by good laughs throughout. Definitely a funny book for smart people (it's on that book list) because Ms. Marin has some very clever commentary going on when writing as her own character lost in the cartoon community of Avalon.
Carole Sullivan
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshingly different little book. Enjoyable all around. I would love to read more of the detective tales. With such fetching cover art too, I plan to buy some paperbacks to give as Christmas gifts.
Joe Graham
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Time to leave the world as we know it behind and travel to Avalon for simple fun and light adventures. I enjoyed the author’s cleverness in bringing her offbeat and quirky adult bedtime story to readers everywhere. The humor is both subtle and at times outrageous. A winning combination.
Jennelle Henderson
Raymond Stone
Patricia Lebarron
Carol Harrity
Jul 10, 2016
Ginger Marin is an actor and former network TV Journalist for NBC News NY. Ginger served as producer and writer for a variety of prime news programs like “Today” and “Nightly News” and various NBC news specials. She has written for Tom Brokaw, Maria Shriver, Roger Mudd, Linda Ellerbee, Garrick Utley and numerous other news anchors. Ginger was a news feed producer for NBC's Affiliate News Service w ...more