Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Do You Remember Your First IRR?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Mar 22, 2010 07:32AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I think my official first bwwm was My Forever Love by BA Osahor. My sister worked for a newspaper and brought it home as a freebie. I was hooked. I ended up buying my own copy a few years later, and tried to seek out more these. Before that I read a billion Native American/White romances, a handful of ww/am or ww/lm, and several sheikh romances.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (last edited Mar 22, 2010 07:54AM) (new)

Arch  | 6611 comments Mod
I think my first bw/wm read came from a Sandra Kitt book. I don't remember their names.

I've read many Native American/White Romances.

message 3: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments My first IR book was Shades of Desire by Monica White. I was so excited to find an IR that I hurried up and bought it, although it's not very good.

After that I discovered Sandra Kitt's The Color of Love. That's one of my favorite IR books to this day.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I've read both of those, Loni. I agree that The Color of Love was very good.

message 5: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments My first novel was Ghost Fox about a American Indian and a white settlor he abducted. It was hard reading because the author kept it very "real."

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments I think Sandra Kitt's The Colour of Love was my first IRR.

message 7: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Mar 23, 2010 01:20AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "I think Sandra Kitt's The Colour of Love was my first IRR."

I think that was mine too, Sharon! :-) She and Seressia Glass got me hooked on IRs.

message 8: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae wrote: "Sharon wrote: "I think Sandra Kitt's The Colour of Love was my first IRR."

I think that was mine too, Sharon! :-) She and Seressia Glass got me hooked on IRs."

Rae how are you?

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Eugenia wrote: "I still haven't read Sandra Kitt's "Colour of Love" and I know it's a lot of folks first IR book. Shame on me :)"

Ooh you must! I really wish Sandra Kitt would write more IRs.

message 10: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Rae wrote: "Sharon wrote: "I think Sandra Kitt's The Colour of Love was my first IRR."

I think that was mine too, Sharon! :-) She and Seressia Glass got me hooked on IRs."

Rae how are you?"

I'm doing well, Sharon. Thanks! Finally have a break from work so I'm editing like a mad fiend and getting some reading in (finally!)

How are you doing??

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yes, my first IR was Shades of Desire as well. I was only 13! If my mother only knew I was dipping into her book bag! Anyway, after that I was hooked, but they were so hard to come by in paperback. Thank goodness for the independent publishers that are out there today.

message 12: by Shirlene (new)

Shirlene | 6 comments The Color of Love by Sandra Kit. This was the the one that started it all for me. It's still one of my all time favorite IR books.

message 13: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (gotrr) | 53 comments Eventhough it's only been 8 or 9 months since I began reading IR, I don't recall the very first one I read. So, I guess I consider Roslyn's "Rockstar" my first IR novel. At least, it's the first one I read that sticks out as a truly fine novel. Oops...as I write this, I DO remember my first IR novel, but it was in ebook format, so I guess it skipped my mind briefly...it was Giselle Carmichaael's "The Politics of Love." Since then, I've read all but one of her novels. I am a big fan.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I loved I'll Be Your Shelter by her. I haven't read any of her other books, although I plan to do so.

message 15: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hear hear, Nevea. :-)

I'll Be Your Shelter is an awesome fave of mine, too Danielle. Btw, I have a copy of Politics of Love I was going to give away. If you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I have that one...I think. I'll check and get back to you. Thx for the offer!

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (gotrr) | 53 comments I'll Be Your Shelter is a favorite of mine too.

message 18: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Rae wrote: "Hear hear, Nevea. :-)

I'll Be Your Shelter is an awesome fave of mine, too Danielle. Btw, I have a copy of Politics of Love I was going to give away. If you want it, let me know and I'll send it t..."

Okie :-)