Christian Support Group :) discussion

88 views
The Bible > Questions about the Bible? Click here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 292 (292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments No questions, but a comment


How come the Bible is written anonymous- well I suppose they couldn't write the over 40 authors but even so!


message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
Because God chose people, He gave them His spirit. It's hard to explain... it's God's word, God speaking to us. The people who actually wrote it were merely His vessels. It's not their book, and it shouldn't make a difference who they are, because ultimately, it's the message that matters. The people who "wrote" it aren't the authors.


message 3: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) We do know who the stories are about, so I honestly don't think about who wrote it.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments So on the bookshelf with the bible it should say God!


message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
And atheists would just take it literally, like, "you think your god wrote a BOOK. really."


message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Yeah they would plus also if i were at the store and saw a random book that was said to be written by God i would think that it was some cruel joke made by an atheist or someone else like that.


message 7: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
i agree with sandy about God giving people His spirit so that they knew what to write ;) that's what he did, so really when we say 'the apostle paul wrote this book' or whatever we have to remember that it the bible was not man-inspired - man-thought-up. man was God's vessel in writing the Bible - the bible was written by God through man. :)

and as i always say - y'all may be sick of me saying this :D - without God we couldn't think a clear thought, so it would make sense that God was the one that gave men the words for the Bible, you know? ;)

and yeah - it would seem like someone was making a joke if a book said 'by God'.


message 8: by Savannah (new)

Savannah so i guess its basically what God is saying to us, through man.


message 9: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
yeah xD

so you ACtually understood all that babble, savannah? man . . . i've gotta say, congrats. i am very confusing, even to myself at times, and any time someone figures out what exactly all my weirdness means it's a miracle.

ha ha :D


message 10: by Savannah (new)

Savannah i've been around some insane people 8D


message 11: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
I think it - you know, your problem - is quite simple because I figured out - a while ago, actually - that you use too many hyphens. These dashes - these pauses - are confusing when you use them so much - in a confusing way. XD


message 12: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
ha ha i see what you mean xD sorry, y'all!!! i'll try to - whenever i comment again - not use so many hyphens - coz i know now it can be confusing - so yeah sorry.

ha ha ha ha ha :D


message 13: by Savannah (new)

Savannah haha! You just did it again.


message 14: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (last edited Apr 17, 2010 09:17PM) (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
i did that one on purpose :P :D


message 15: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments The Bible is a very deep book, but I'd like to know why it's more boring than other Christian books. Maybe the people who wrote the Bible weren't the best story writers ever. Or maybe it's because it's so deep that it's boring. (Heavens!) What do you think?


message 16: by Laura, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me . . . (new)

Laura | 136 comments Mod
The Bible is the Word of God, Aoibeheann. Yes, there are times when we simply do not feel like reading it and it seems boring - but God commands Christians, His children, to read His Word. Plus His Word holds so many promises for us that we tend to forget, and it's wonderful to be reminded of them again by reading them. We shouldn't view the Bible as a "very deep book" or a "Christian book" because it's not just some book out there. It's the Word of God, something that will greatly benefit us to read. We should not only view it as, "God says I have to read this" but as "I need and want to read this" - and I, for example, can greatly struggle with that, so I have to continually pray to God and ask Him to put a love and desire for His Word in my heart.

And now that I've rambled (sorry, people, that's just how I am - I get rambling way too easily) and probably confused you and gone on and on about something you weren't even asking, I shall end this comment. Lol xD


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments You couldn't really call it boring- it has loads of interesting and thoughtful stuff in there! But because it was written thousands of years ago, it covers it up with long words. It is the Word of God- listen to it!


message 18: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments Raven wrote: "The Bible is the Word of God, Aoibeheann. Yes, there are times when we simply do not feel like reading it and it seems boring - but God commands Christians, His children, to read His Word. Plus His..."

I'm almost done reading the whole Bible. It's rather boring in some parts, but the more I read it, the better I understand it.
By the way, you spelled my name wrong.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Well yeah, books like the book of Leviticus are boring- rules rules rules!


message 20: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments Chiara *♥☺Eat cheesecake.....NOW☺♥* wrote: "Well yeah, books like the book of Leviticus are boring- rules rules rules!"

That part is REALLY boring. I like the New Testiment the best.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Yeah, that's my point. The new Testament is great, and so are Genesis and Exodus.


message 22: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
Well, novels today are interesting because of the descriptions. Metaphors and sarcasm, etc. But God's word isn't like that, probably because it needs to be clear - I mean, even the way it is now, people twist a LOT of stuff.


message 23: by austen (new)

austen (oncebef0re) Uh-huh. You see how people who want to criticize the Bible can take even simple descriptive language and twist it. :(


message 24: by Aquanetta (new)

Aquanetta (frightening) | 15 comments Aoibheann wrote: "Chiara *♥☺Eat cheesecake.....NOW☺♥* wrote: "Well yeah, books like the book of Leviticus are boring- rules rules rules!"

That part is REALLY boring. I like the New Testiment the best."



All parts of the Bible have a meaning.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments I know that they have a meaning, it's just that some parts of the Bible are more interesting to read FOR LEISURE than others.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments WE AGREE WITH YOU!


message 28: by Aoibheann (new)

Aoibheann | 47 comments I like Deborah.


message 31: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandycrow) | 373 comments Mod
Haha I laughed out loud reading messages 31-39 :D


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Oh...you're laughing at me! *sobs* I made most of those posts! lol


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Maybe it should be..I posted most of those posts but oh well! :D


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments You posted one! And you can't say that- you were laughing at yourself!!! Haha!


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Exactly! :)


message 36: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga How can someone think that a 4,000 year old theological document is the absolute truth?


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments What- the Bible?


message 38: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga yes that would be the one.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments It's called faith.


message 40: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga faith in wat?


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Believing in 'a 4000 year old theological document'.


message 42: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga I define faith as trust and I can't trust something like that


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments If you say so.


message 44: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga okay


message 45: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Believing in 'a 4000 year old theological document'.

Why would anyone believe in documents that are 4000 years old and were written by people who would view a click pen as a form of sorcery?


message 46: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga I agree to an extent.


Chiara  ♪*CheesecakeLover*♪ | 684 comments Why do you say 'power- hungry'?


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Actually it's older then 4,000 years it's about 6,000 years old Moses started it...


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Lindsay wrote: "I have a question about the bible, why do you all believe in something that was written by a bunch of power-hungry men who wanted to be dominant over everyone else so they invented their own religion?"

Power hungry men would say that they created the world not God...


Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Nathan wrote: "Believing in 'a 4000 year old theological document'.

Why would anyone believe in documents that are 4000 years old and were written by people who would view a click pen as a form of sorcery?"


They didn't think a click ppen was sorcery because their was no such thing as a click pen and they wouldn't think it was sorcery they would just think it was new and modern...just asking bbut where did you get that idea?


« previous 1 3 4 5 6
back to top