Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Series > Everworld by K.A. Applegate

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 56 comments Search for Senna (Everworld, #1) by Katherine Alice Applegate Land of Loss (Everworld, #2) by Katherine Alice Applegate Enter the Enchanted (Everworld, #3) by Katherine Alice Applegate Realm of the Reaper (Everworld, #4) by Katherine Alice Applegate Discover the Destroyer (Everworld, #5) by Katherine Alice Applegate Fear the Fantastic (Everworld, #6) by Katherine Alice Applegate Gateway to the Gods (Everworld, #7) by Katherine Alice Applegate Brave the Betrayal (Everworld, #8) by Katherine Alice Applegate Inside the Illusion (Everworld, #9) by Katherine Alice Applegate Understand the Unknown (Everworld, #10) by Katherine Alice Applegate Mystify the Magician (Everworld, #11) by Katherine Alice Applegate Entertain the End (Everworld, #12) by Katherine Alice Applegate

Has anyone ever read this series??

I LOVE this series. I read it when I was 13-14, and it was the first big series I read for YA. It opened up my imagination as a teenager, and really is what sparked my interest in fantasy and paranormal novels.

Any thoughts or ideas?

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Never heard of it Amanda. Sounds interesting though :)

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Mar 15, 2010 11:07AM) (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 56 comments The books are now out of print, so they're a bit hard to find. And they aren't available for Kindle, either. I want to check at my moms house and see if they're still there, or if they're packed up in my house somewhere. But I really want to re-read them.

message 4: by S.S. (last edited Mar 15, 2010 10:00AM) (new)

S.S. (ssrice) | 75 comments These sound interesting.
I just looked them up on Amazon. Books one through three have 4.5 stars out of 5. Wonder why they don't reissue them?

message 5: by Amanda (last edited Mar 15, 2010 11:08AM) (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 56 comments I don't know! Probably because they're "kids" books, even though I believe the main characters are high-schoolers. They were in print 10+ years ago, if I'm correct. I think the first one came out around 1999? That could be it.

I was lying in bed last night reading, and some scene in "The Iron King" reminded me of Everworld. I hopped up and pulled out the laptop. I had completely forgotten about them!

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Nice Amanda - introduce me to books that are out of print. (jk) :)

message 7: by Laura Beth (new)

Laura Beth (tampabookworm) | 229 comments I just added the first one to my TBR list...

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I checked. My library has 5 copies of it, so I guess you are off the hook Amanda :) It must have been pretty popular if they have 5 copies.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 56 comments You know you've got a good series when you're still thinking about it 10 years later.

message 10: by Annie (last edited Mar 16, 2010 06:18AM) (new)

Annie Oosterwyk I read the first one trying to find read alikes for a male student who likes the Cirque du Freak books. It didn't grab me enough to finish the series and the student didn't want another one either. I'm thinking I just recommended it to the wrong person.
Amanda,
Should I offer this to girls? Do you think it would sell better to them? Anyway, my local used book store has the complete set, so maybe that's the way to go.

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 56 comments The books were gripping for me, and I read them in 8th/9th grade. But the whole "getting sucked into another Universe" thing has always been a favorite reading topic of mine. If your students are interested in Sci Fi or Fantasy books, they'll probably like them. I wouldn't say that they are really geared towards either gender specifically. The series of books are told from different perspectives, so you get into the head of all the main characters.

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie Oosterwyk I just put them in my bag to take in. Thanks for bringing them up!

message 13: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 41 comments Mod
This sounds so interesting, plus the adventure of finding a book out of print! I can't wait!