Start by marking “Fear the Fantastic (Everworld, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Fantastic (Everworld, #6)

Fear the Fantastic (Everworld #6)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  1,948 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
There is a place that shouldn’t exist. But does. And there are creatures that shouldn’t exist. But do. Welcome to a land where all of your dreams and nightmares are very real—and often deadly. Welcome to Everworld.

No one knows what it’s like to be Christopher, David, April, Jalil, or even Senna. Living part of their lives in Everworld and the other in the real world. One m
Mass Market Paperback, 186 pages
Published September 15th 2000 by Scholastic (first published March 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Fantastic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear the Fantastic

Nemo (The Moonlight Library)
Christopher and the gang are sent off on their second ever quest: to deliver Dionysus, god of a good time, and his companion Ganymede, a man so beautiful he makes straight guys question himself, to Zeus on Olympus. Only problem is to get to Olympus they have to pass through Ka Anor, the go eater’s territory.

It took me several weeks to read this book. I fell terribly sick and all I wanted to do was sleep, so if I wanted to get to sleep I’d read a fee pages of this and soon I’d be snoring. It was
Amanda Orlich
Mar 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
So far for me, this has been the weakest book in the series. I still read it very quickly, but it wasn't as exciting. Yes, there was immense danger at every corner, but the majority of the book involved running from the Hetwan. Run run run, almost die, run run run, meet a Greek god, run run run.

This story is told from Christopher's point of view. Christopher is one of my favorite characters; he's witty, extremely cynical and very jaded. So hearing his thoughts is always entertaining.

I won't giv
Trisha
Sep 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Fear the Fantastic follows Discover the Destroyer, and more than any other installment I've read, it reminded me that this series is best read as one long book. While Dionysus appears for the first time and the four travelers get to have a bit of a fight from time to time, this book is primarily a transition book. We are simply moving from one place to the next. At the end of DtD, they have just entered the lands of Ka Anor, and FtF merely gets them to the center of the city. Now I have to wait ...more
Katelynn
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have feelings. I hate books.
Stephanie
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
   The Everworld kids find themselves in Hetwan country, where trees sing and giant ants will plow right over you as they harvest huge swaths of trees. Oh, then there’s running into Dionysus’ party on the way through Hetwan country to reach Mount Olympus on the far side. Welcome to Everworld, indeed!

What the last book did for revealing more about David, this book does the same for revealing more about Christopher. Except with Christopher, we are getting all current-day issues that he is going
Julie
3.5 stars again! 3 stars for the pacing/plot (once again, it's quite a bit of moving from A to B and trying to stay alive along the way, across various fun and fantastical settings); 4 stars for characterisation.

Sometimes I wonder just how unlikeable KAA set out to make Christopher, considering him using the slur f*g was a new low -- but I think that was the point, and worth it considering the character development he undergoes later, specifically (view spoiler)
Fefi
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aria di party (SPOILER)
Di Senna questa volta neanche l'ombra,ma incontriamo Dioniso,sempre ubriaco come vuole la tradizione greca,e un angelo bellissimo,Ganimede,catturati da un gruppo di Hetwan,pronti a portarli da Ka Anor (colui che divora gli dei).Con l'aiuto dei nostri ragazzi,tutti arrivano sul monte Olimpo,non prima di aver assistito ad un banchetto del grande divoratore degli dei (dove purtroppo qualcuno appena conosciuto muore).
Anche questo libro mi è piaciuto: forse un po' troppo sopra
David Thomas
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The constant pop culture references are dated, since it was published in 2000, but I can forgive that.
Alecia
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book took us away from familiar myths and into one Applegate created. Very interesting descriptions and plot points! Christopher stays pretty much the same throughout, but gets some drastic development at the end that is actually rather emotional, but good to see in him. Otherwise this book just serves to move us from one area to the next. It's good, but doesn't have as many big moments as the others.
Bex Montgomery
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
I picked up this one from the used bookshelf because I hadn't read any in the series and I'm trying to take a look at as much teen/ya fic as possible right now. I flipped through it and thought the sarcastic, quick witted writing style was fabulous and brought it home.

Granted, there are 5 books in the series before this one and I'm literally jumping in the middle but this was a hard one for me to finish.

The whole experience felt like this: Make some snarky, wise-assed comments, run from the al
  • Book of Magic (Diadem, Worlds of Magic, #3)
  • Above the Veil (The Seventh Tower, #4)
  • Colors in the Dreamweaver's Loom
  • Of Two Minds (Minds, #1)
  • Loch
  • Tokyo Babylon, Vol. 5
  • Dragonfang (The Jelindel Chronicles #2)
  • I Am Morgan le Fay
  • Bad Blood (Latter-Day Olympians, #1)
  • Out of Order
  • Goddess
  • Dark Whispers (Unicorn Chronicles, #3)
Katherine Applegate is the author of THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN, winner of the 2013 Newbery Medal. Her novel CRENSHAW spent over twenty weeks on the New York Times children's bestseller list, and her first middle-grade stand-alone novel, the award-winning HOME OF THE BRAVE, continues to be included on state reading lists, summer reading lists, and class reading lists.

Katherine has written three pictur
More about Katherine Applegate...

Everworld (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Search for Senna (Everworld, #1)
  • Land of Loss (Everworld, #2)
  • Enter the Enchanted (Everworld, #3)
  • Realm of the Reaper (Everworld, #4)
  • Discover the Destroyer (Everworld, #5)
  • Gateway to the Gods (Everworld, #7)
  • Brave the Betrayal (Everworld, #8)
  • Inside the Illusion (Everworld, #9)
  • Understand the Unknown (Everworld, #10)
  • Mystify the Magician (Everworld, #11)