College Students! discussion

college talk > On-line schools

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) I'm trying to look into some on-line schools to get a post-bachelor degree/certificate and am having a terrible time finding any information.
Anyone have any experience with on-line schools, or ideas about how to get some help?

message 2: by René (new)

René (bookgeek4life) I'm currently at Webster University. I've been taking classes since fall '08 online and I love it. What information were you looking for?

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) Basically I'm trying to find a school that offers a post-bac in communications disorders and therapy. I know they exist because I found them before but cannot find them again. I think is also goes by different names in different areas which makes it more difficult.

message 4: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 37 comments I have never done an on-line course. How is that like? I sometimes wonder if I should try it. =)~

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (signgirlamy) I'm doing grad school mostly online starting this summer and I'm a little nervous about it. I went to a university for my undergrad where my profs were super involved with everything we did. I'm a little worried how it's going to be without "real" people in the class with me.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I did both of my math classes online and I'm doing an online science class this summer. It's not bad. You have to be good at motivating yourself. For the math classes, I'd have to log into this course thing online and do homework assignments and quizzes. I'd have all week to do one chapter's worth. Then I had to go into campus for the exams. It's not that bad, but you absolutely must be good at motivating yourself because there is no professor saying "Hey, this assignment is due tomorrow."

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (signgirlamy) I'm pretty motivated by myself, so I don't think that will be a huge issue. It's just going to be a major "culture" shock from my other school!

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wilkerson (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments I'm majoring in Corporate Communications and minoring in Computer Information Systems at Kentucky Wesleyan College. I have been thinking about going to grad school after, but I would want it to be online only. Anyone know if there are colleges that offer that type of thing?

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Lauren, I have a relative that is planning on doing that after she graduates with her Masters. She's looked into a couple of different online university's. I'll ask her if she knows of any.

message 10: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 436 comments Hey I took an online course from Thomson Rivers University. It was a great university. And the best thing about it, is that some courses have a flexible schedule. You can choose when to do your assingments. There are no deadlines. So you can either finish a course quite quickly, or take your time depending on yourself.

Whevener I had questions I would call the number provided to contact them, and they were always very nice and helpful.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wilkerson (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments Kimberly wrote: "Lauren, I have a relative that is planning on doing that after she graduates with her Masters. She's looked into a couple of different online university's. I'll ask her if she knows of any."

Ok thanks Kimberly!!