Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Personal Reading Goals/Lists > What new series to read next?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 38 comments I am ready to start a new author/series. I can't decide and would like some input. I am choosing between Karen Marie Moning (Fever series), Larissa Ione (Demonica series), Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter series). If you have other suggestions I would love to hear it!

[type of books I like: Anita Blake, Sookie, Rachel Morgan, Black Dagger Brotherhood, IAD, Greywalker, Bewitching series, Night Huntress, Ophelia & Abby, Cassie Palmer]

message 2: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I haven't read the Guild Hunter series so I can't say anything towards that one. But if were beteween the Fever series and Demonica series I'd say read Demonica first! It's a great series. I'm in the middle of it right now and I have a feeling it's going to be one of my favorite series.

Fever has cliffhanger endings and the most recent one was a doozy so I'd wait until the next (and last) book comes out to read those if I were you. That way you can rip right through them without the pain of waiting.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu Have you read Vampire Academy?

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2010 12:13PM) (new)

I vote for Guild Hunter or Demonica.
Guild Hunter is more UF with romance.
Demonica is strictly PNR.

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
The guild hunter series is good but there are only 2 so far.

Nalini Singh has another series that has more books in it that are also good, it starts with this one

Slave to Sensation

I would also recommend the following:

Kim Harrison's Hallow series (Rachel Morgan)
Starts with: Dead Witch Walking

Ilona Andrews also has a really good series out (Kate Daniels)
Starts with: Magic Bites

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 38 comments Lu wrote: "Have you read Vampire Academy?"

Hadn't read that one. I will put it on my list.

message 7: by Archer (new)

Archer | 31 comments Would vote for the Demonica series.. They are AWESOME.

And of course the Fever series, the cliffhangers are a B***H but it's totally worth the read and wait.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I LOVE the Fever series, and the last one is coming out in December. I'd vote for that one.

The second Guild Hunter disappointed me.

message 9: by Archer (new)

Archer | 31 comments Sarah ~Sehrenity~ wrote: "I LOVE the Fever series, and the last one is coming out in December. I'd vote for that one.

Yeah and I hope it ends well..

KindleRomance Reviews I wouldn't start the Fever series until the last one was published. It's been very frustrating waiting for the ending to what was really just one very long book. It's not a true series.
If you liked BDB, you'll probably enjoy Showalter's Lord series or Adrian's Breed series. Demonica is a great series. I really like the Changeling series by Singh.