Books are my life... discussion

WHAT ARE YOU READING? > What Books Are You Looking Forward to Most?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 175 (175 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) | 1345 comments Mod
So what are all the books that you guys are patiently waiting for?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
Fang by James Patterson
The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Spy Glass and Inside Out by Maria V Snyder

Yeah I'm waiting for a lot :)

message 3: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Nada wrote: "City of Fallen Angenls!~!~!~!~!! =P"

Me Too!!!!!!!

message 4: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) [image error] Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward [image error] Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)  by Melissa Marr Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8) by Rachel Caine Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) by Alyson Noel Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Radiance (The Immortals Spin-off #1) by Alyson Noel Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

and these are just what i can remember what are coming out this year

message 5: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

I think these are my top 5 anticipated books of 2010... I think... this could change :)

message 6: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I think that my #1 right now that I;m waiting for and have been waiting forever for is Spirit Bound, I'm dying to read that one.

message 7: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B Heather wrote: "I think that my #1 right now that I;m waiting for and have been waiting forever for is Spirit Bound, I'm dying to read that one."

I agree! I'm dying for that one as well! The vampire academy series has been my favourite reads this year!

message 8: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I think that it's one of my favourites too, I love the character in it.

message 9: by zara (last edited Mar 15, 2010 12:03PM) (new)

zara (personafied) Dying to read spirit bound, I will give anything to Read this book right now.

message 10: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

That one seems to be the most popular one.

message 11: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

One that I don't think I said before is the new series by Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices. The first book in the series is the Clockwork Angel and the cover for that book has just been released, here it is:

What does everyone think? And is there anyone else looking forward to this book too?

message 12: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B The cover looks awesome! I'm still trying to get to reading the Mortal Instruments series... I know, I know, I should get on that!

But this cover really looks great... when is the first book released?

message 13: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

This one comes out August 31st 2010, but it's before the Mortal Insturments really, so it doesn't matter which you read first.
But yes you definietly should read the Mortal Insturments though.

message 14: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B Well I definately hope to read the first three from the mortal instruments before August considering I've heard nothing but great things about it! But this new series looks great too! So many good books coming out this year!

message 15: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know I can't even keep up with them all!

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love the new book cover it just makes me even more excited to read this new series

message 17: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know right!

message 18: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) bring it on is all i can say = )

message 19: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

ahaha :D
I agree I'm really excited to read it.

message 20: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) great list Angela

message 21: by **Carla** (last edited Mar 21, 2010 09:44AM) (new)

**Carla** There are a ton of books i am waiting for now!!!!
Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare as well as a few others but hese are the top 3 i am waiting for!

message 22: by Keri (new)

Keri (krizz227) The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) by Alyson Noel Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. Cast Midnight (The Vampire Diaries The Return, #3) by L.J. Smith The Soul (The Host, #2) by Stephenie Meyer The Seeker (The Host, #3) by Stephenie Meyer

this is all i can think of so far :)

message 23: by Danyon (new)

Danyon (evergrand) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins cause the other two were AMAZING!!!!1!!!!

and Lies by Michael Grant

message 24: by Lady E. (new)

Lady E. (nightsky101) Bluemoon wrote: "I'm waiting for The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong."

Me too!!!!! April 6th! I can't wait!!

and Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick,
Torment by Lauren Kate, Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, Sin Undone by Larissa Ione, City of Fallen Angels & Clock Work Angel by Cassandra Clare

message 25: by Lady E. (new)

Lady E. (nightsky101) ahh!! excellent! and i'm all for Derek!! i'm assuming you as well??

message 26: by Lady E. (new)

Lady E. (nightsky101) yeah!! i can't wait!! have you read any of her other books? i haven't, but i am going to, i heard they were good.

message 27: by Vikki Joyce (new)

Vikki Joyce (joyce_2289) Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin and The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern =)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Is the 'Gone' series good? What is it about?

FINALLY, someone else who is waiting for Bitterblue!!!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Bitterblue is the sequel to Graceling, Fire was a prelude

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Really? Maybe, but i thought it was really good

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Its really good, but the ending is so sad : (

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

nonono read it!!! forget I said anything!!!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

The ending isnt that sad anyway, its more bittersweet.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

must read CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS and CLOCKWORK ANGEL!!! As well as TORMENT and RADIANT SHADOWS!!!

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (alanthiana) I'm looking forward to the newest Richard/Kahlan installment from Terry Goodkind... going to be a long wait, considering it isn't even out in hardcover yet :(

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooohh, you mean the sword of truth series? I really want to read them! Except my library doesn't have the first book. (They have every other one in the series) I've seen the TV show that is based on the series, The Legend of the Seeker, have you seen it?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

im waiting for Vampire academy books: spirit bound, the last sacrifice by richelle mead
Vampire Diaries: Shadow Souls and Midnight by j.l.smith
Kiss of death by Rachel caine
and some toher stuff but this is the stuff im most looking forward too (:

message 39: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Heather wrote: "One that I don't think I said before is the new series by Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices. The first book in the series is the Clockwork Angel and the cover for that book has just been releas..."

Heather wrote: "One that I don't think I said before is the new series by Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices. The first book in the series is the Clockwork Angel and the cover for that book has just been releas..."

YES!! I'm so excited about this book. I can't wait to read it!

message 40: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know!

message 41: by Tran (new)

Tran D (vampire_fan) what the book Clockwork Angel about??
i cant wait for spirit bound, angel: maximum ride 7, and torment fallen 2. there more bt those are the ones im lookin forward the most

message 42: by Tran (new)

Tran D (vampire_fan) i think it goin to come out on feb 14 2011 Angel

message 43: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Alice wrote: "what the book Clockwork Angel about??
i cant wait for spirit bound, angel: maximum ride 7, and torment fallen 2. there more bt those are the ones im lookin forward the most"

Here's the discription of the book

Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.

Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.

Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: Jem, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa. As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

message 44: by Tran (new)

Tran D (vampire_fan) is this a series a must read? it sound good

message 45: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

It's the first in a new series. Have you read the Mortal Insturments series? It's by the same author and it's set before that series is set.

message 46: by Tran (new)

Tran D (vampire_fan) no im planning to read this summer

message 47: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

You should, the series is great, I loved it.

message 48: by Tran (new)

Tran D (vampire_fan) ok!

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Erec Rex: The Three Furies by Kaza Kingsley 8/10/10
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins September 2010
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins 2011

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) hmmmm I really don't know

« previous 1 3 4