For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

2010 Threads *Old* > March Challenge - 2010

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I realize that March has started but I thought it might be fun to do a theme challenge and see what people can come up with.

I didn't want to go with the traditional theme. Drum roll!

March theme is... Read a book with Green on the cover or read a book with "Lucky" in the title.

*Luck, Luckiest can also be used.*

Have fun with this one! As much green or as little green it doesn't matter. Enjoy :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

um...no thanks.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll be starting with The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

*Maria*the cat spirit* wrote: "um...no thanks."

I know life is crazy and it is hard to fit in so much reading. I understand. I like doing some of these off challenges because it makes you reach for something you normally wouldn't.

Happy Reading!

message 5: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i've got one In Cold Blood. it has some green on the cover. i can't find my particular book cover of the version i own. i am planning on teaching it, so i need to read it anyway!

message 6: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) If I can get it I want to read [image error]

message 7: by Karli (new)

Karli (goodreadscomkarli_is_booked) Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger - look at all the green in this title! :) I just finished. Guess I have a few weeks to find a Lucky book. (I read Plum Lucky (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #3) by Janet Evanovich last year...does this count? :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

You can defiantly count re-reads :)

message 9: by Cara (new)

Cara | 44 comments Sounds cool now I just have to get something that is green...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie
Finished 3/13/2010

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That is great. Using Green in the title. LOL! I never would of thought of this book.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad you like could use the challenge to your advantage! I try to make it so that your TBR books can be read.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie by Sherman Alexie
Finished 3/13/2010

Working on #2.

2. Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Currently Reading (And really enjoying!)

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise (redreader) | 34 comments fun challenge...I will have to find a book to fit

message 15: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) How many do we have to read?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't have a limit. For me I personal strive to have at least two books read for the goals but I always like getting more read. However many you would like to read that fits for the challenge. 1 10 or 20, it just matters that you have fun reading.

I really just make challenges because it makes you at times reach for a book you normal wouldn't read. It forces me to go out of my comfort zone to at least get one book read.

Plus it is always interesting to see what others come up with.

message 17: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Dear John has a grass hill on the cover thats green so i guess that would work!! Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2010 08:29PM) (new)

How was Dear John?

message 19: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** It's ok...the beginning was really good. I am mixed on my feeling for the second half. but overall I would rate is as 3.5 stars

message 20: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ive read Violin by Anne Rice by anne rice...it was okay, shes like one of those people who just dont...well...shut up but in writing - the book was soo boring

message 21: by Peanut (new)

Peanut | 25 comments This sounds fun I'll have to try to find a book!

message 22: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Finished Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) by Lisa McMann
Now I'm reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

message 23: by Catamorandi (last edited Mar 20, 2010 01:43PM) (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 130 comments I am now reading Andrea Carter and the Trouble with Treasure: A Novel by Susan K Marlow. I don't know if you can tell that the ring around the picture is a mossy green. Here is the cover:

[image error]

message 24: by Denise (last edited Mar 20, 2010 06:24PM) (new)

Denise (redreader) | 34 comments Can't Wait To Get To Heaven Fannie Flagg... Green grass and trees :)

message 25: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco | 25 comments ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "I realize that March has started but I thought it might be fun to do a theme challenge and see what people can come up with.

I didn't want to go with the traditional theme. Drum roll!
I will be reading THE PIANO TEACHER. Green in her dress
March t..."

message 26: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

i am starting this in march, but i may not finish until april as i have TONS of grading to do now!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

X-Day, Volume 1 by Setona Mizushiro & X-Day, Volume 2 by Setona Mizushiro these books are both finished. Manga are just so much fun. I don't read them as much as I want to. By: Setona Mizushiro.

message 28: by Heather B (last edited Mar 27, 2010 06:50PM) (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Finished Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) by Lisa McMann and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett and Death of a Salesman Revised Edition (Viking Critical Library) by Arthur Miller

message 29: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) uh...this month i read
Violin by Anne Rice
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
A Hora Secreta (Midnighters #1) by Scott Westerfeld

message 30: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I read Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time this last week when I was traveling. I started the book that I won in the giveaway but I left it on the stupid plane.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh no! Which book was that? Hopefully, you can finish it sooner then later.

message 32: by Cara (new)

Cara | 44 comments I started The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan to get my green challenge done;)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I have that book and I've been trying to get it read for awhile.

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 28, 2010 01:58PM) (new)

ok, it will probaly take me to the end of April, but im going to read Eating Animals, Eating Animals

message 35: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** KSMary wrote: "I read Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time this last week when I was traveling. I started the book that I won in the giveaway but I left it o..."

oh no thats awful!!!! Did you get the lost and found number for the airport you flew into? Usually anything found on the flight while they are cleaning the plane for turn around gets sent to the airport lost and found. I would just call the airline you flew with and ask them for the lost and found number.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

i found out! (how to put a book)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, good job!

message 38: by KSMary (last edited Mar 30, 2010 02:07PM) (new)

KSMary Thanks, Carla! I'll have to try that. It was US Air and I left it in Philadelphia. That airport is now officially my least favorite. The book isn't published yet, so I'll have to wait until this summer.

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2010 10:17PM) (new)

Finished 3/13/2010

2. X-Day, Volume 1 by Setona Mizushiro by Setona Mizushiro
Finished 3/24/2010

3. X-Day, Volume 2 by Setona Mizushiro by Setona Mizushiro
Finished 3/24/2010

4. Spirited Away Volume 1 by Hayao Miyazaki by Hayao Miyazaki
Finished 3/29/2010

5. Spirited Away Volume 2 by Hayao Miyazaki by Hayao Miyazaki
Finished 3/29/2010

6. Spirited Away Volume 3 by Hayao Miyazaki by Hayao Miyazaki
Finished 3/29/2010

7. Spirited Away Volume 4 by Hayao Miyazaki by Hayao Miyazaki
Finished 3/31/2010

8. Spirited Away Volume 5 by Hayao Miyazaki by Hayao Miyazaki
Finished 3/31/2010

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

wow...

message 41: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) my march books:
Violin by Anne Rice
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
A Hora Secreta (Midnighters #1) by Scott Westerfeld
Boy In the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished to more books and added them above. 8 books for March. Pretty good.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad so many people participated in the March Challenge!

Hopefully you have fun with the April Challenge.

message 44: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) cool

message 45: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i finished In Cold Blood and was stunned by the book. this is definitely a must read for all. chilling and at the same time empathetic to the murderers. not that you don't think these men don't have what's coming to them (both were hanged about six years after the murders), but capote does a good job of painting a full picture of what these men's life were like growing up. and they had some hardships. again, that doesn't excuse killing someone. i think it's worth a read.