Start by marking “Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum, #13.5)” as Want to Read:
Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum, #13.5)

Plum Lucky

(Stephanie Plum #13.5)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  43,898 ratings  ·  1,785 reviews
Looking to get lucky?

Stephanie Plum is back between-the-numbers and she’s looking to get lucky in an Atlantic City hotel room, in a Winnebago, and with a brown-eyed stud who has stolen her heart.

Hardcover, First Edition, 166 pages
Published January 8th 2008 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Plum Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plum Lucky

James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Book Review
4 of 5 stars to Plum Lucky, one of four "in-between" novellas in the "Stephanie Plum" mystery series, written in 2008 by Janet Evanovich. As if she didn't have enough already going on, Evanovich released several short books in between the various series she'd been writing, this time linking together Stephanie and Diesel, from one of her other book series. And as if Stephanie didn't have enough going on with Ranger and Morelli, now she's lusting after a possible ghost man. Well...
Jilly
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, mystery
Diesel said, "This is how it's going to go down. Stephanie stays here, so we have someone to float bail if we all get arrested..."

You know you're in trouble when you need to keep someone with bail money close by.

I have a feeling I'm going to love this idea!

So, this short story is absolutely hilarious. Grandma Mazur finds a bag of money and goes missing. Diesel is involved since he's in every half book, and he is quickly rising to become my favorite of Stephanie's men.

"I am NOT an Everest kind
Cyndi
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
A horse in an apartment? Who would do something so crazy? Only Stephanie Plum. Love this book!

Reread in June 2016. My love of Janet Evanovich may be leaning toward stalker territory.

Reread...again May 2018. Ok, it may seem like I reread these every year, but I skipped a year so I’m not a complete stalker.
In this book sexy Diesel is back and in search of a leprechaun. Or maybe he’s just a little guy who speaks with a fake Irish accent and thinks he’s a leprechaun. 🤷🏼♀🍀Meanwhile Grandma Mazur ha
Jessica
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Plum fans, too neurotic to skip it...
I’ve already said this… I am not a fan of these In-Between Novellas. They simply don’t fit. It almost feel like the author said “Let me write a little something, I could use the cash for a new extension on the house.” Stephanie and her parade of characters are present, and always entertaining. But the supernatural, special ability people don’t work for me.

It’s St-Patty’s Day and Grandma Mazur found a bag of cash at the end of a rainbow. That’s all she’s been waiting for, and she hits the road.
Stacy  Alesi
I love the Stephanie Plum books, but these "between the numbers" books haven't thrilled me as much, although this is probably the best of the three so far (Visions of Sugar Plums; Plum Lovin'.) It's rather like eating the crumbs of Stephanie's favorite Tastee Cakes, but us diehard fans will take what we can get until Fearless Fourteen comes out in June. So far, these books have been centered around holidays: Christmas, Valentine's Day, and now St. Patrick's Day. Grandma Mazur takes off with a du ...more
Bethany
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
This was my first Janet Evanovich book and I have to say I'm not a big fan. I had high expectations because I had heard from a lot of different people that her books are great, but this one didn't live up to the hype! The book was a quick read and got me laughing a few times, but it was TOO ridiculous in my opinion. Will I try another Evanovich some day? Probably...but next time I'll be at the pool giving it only 1/2 of my attention!!!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Apr 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
These are always so much fun and any book with more Diesel and Grandma M is a winner!
Dagny
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: evanovich-janet
Plum Lucky is a total hoot. Lots of fun. Literally couldn't contain my laughter at times. Two of the diversions are absolutely hilarious. The characters added for this story are likeable and even the bad guys are good for laughs.
Marygrace
Apr 12, 2008 rated it it was ok
Like Randy from American Idol would say "Dude, it was just all right for me"
julia
Apr 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
this book was funny. I found myself laughing out loud several times at the crazy incidents. That being said, there is a lot of foul language in it. The main character, Stephanie Plum, who's telling the story (first person), doesn't swear, but she lives in Trenton New Jersey. I suppose it wouldn't be realistic if the mobsters she has to interact with in this book *didn't* curse, though. So be fairwarned.

But it was quite funny, complete with a little man of eastern european descent who was convinc
Tasha
Jan 12, 2009 rated it liked it
I love Janet Evanovich and the Stephanie Plum series. Nice short book I read in two evenings. Not as good as the "numbers" series b/c Morelli and Ranger weren't really involved.
Amylou1977
Jun 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Stephanie Plum has a way of attracting danger, lunatics, oddballs, bad luck... and mystery men. And no one is more mysterious than the unmentionable Diesel. He's back and hot on the trail of a little man in green pants who's lost a giant bag of money. Problem is the money isn't exactly lost. Stephanie's Grandma Mazur has found it, and like any good Jersey senior citizen she's high-tailed it in a Winnebago to Atlantic City and hit the slots. With Lula and Connie in tow, Stephanie attempts to brin ...more
Krista
This book was laugh-out-loud funny! It reminded me of the Keystone Cops on the old silent films with everyone running in all directions and bumping into each other in hilarious ways. I think this is the funniest book of the Stephanie Plum series. I had to stop reading several times because I was laughing out loud. It's not high-brow, but it sure made my day.

This is another 'Between the Numbers' books that features Stephanie Plum, Diesel, Lulu, Grandma Mazur and the usual collection of off-beat c
Angela
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
as always Stephanie's life is chaotic. Kidnapped grandmothers and thoroughbred horses, a Leprechaun, Diesel, Ranger, Lulu as supermodel and Atlantic City Casinos What could go wrong?????
Angela Porter
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funniest one yet! Loved it!
Alice
The "between the numbers" books, in my opinion, don't add anything to the rest of the series, though they can be fun for the hardcore fans.

In this installment, Stephanie's Grandma Mazur finds a duffel bag full of money, and goes off to Atlantic City to spend it. Diesel, who only shows up in these books and is never mentioned in the main timeline, appears because he's looking for the guy who stole the money in the first place. Turns out the guy thinks he's a leprechaun, and can talk to animals.

To
Alison
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Laughed my ass off, it was so incredibly ridiculous and I adored it. It wasn't even trying to pass off as believable, it was so incredible unbelievable to the point that I would classify it as a self-deprecating book. I personally am a huge fan of self-deprecating humor anyhow. The main guy in the book somehow taking off girls' bras... while they're awake... without them knowing it... I seriously just laugh and think 'what the fuck?' Sleeping on top of each other just because that's apparently t ...more
Avid Reader and Geek Girl
Chelsea B.
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book had me ROLLING. I was laughing out loud. Loved it!
Allison
Apr 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
A "between the numbers " book from Janet Evanovich. Short, fun and very easy read from one of my favourite mystery authors. I enjoy Stephanie Plum and all of her adventures that always get her "men" ( Ranger and Morelli ) involved and in these between the number novels Diesel shows up and adds a new dimension to the story.
I think that grandma Mazur is hilarious and she also adds new dimension to the adventure.
A quick and enjoyable read !
Tammy
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, holiday, mystery
Stephanie Plum's Grandma goes missing and her mom sends her to find her. Grandma's found a bag of money and decides to go to Atlantic City for her own adventure. Set around St. Patrick's Day and a guy who thinks he is a leprechaun, this adventure is a wacky tale.
Mobeme53 Branson
Totally Stupid

Rediculious story, unbelievable characters, impossible situations.... In short, another Stephanie Plumb novel. (Although really a novella) Always a great guilty pleasure read. This one is perhaps a little more extreme and less satisfying than others but the perfect light reading between more weighty books.
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
This was a hilarious read. I love me some Lula. Stephanie's ride or die definetley made this story for me. When she was being a "distraction" OMG! I was laughing my a** off! unfortunately my health has me kind of bed ridden so I have been enjoying light reads. I have been enjoying anything light to keep my mood positive while I'm not in the best place. Stephanie is a kick a**, sarcastic, hot mess and loveable character. Lula and Stephanie are the kind of girls you want to spend the evening with ...more
Xepherus3
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: newly-scanned
Hello, Fellow Book Worms and Book Dragons!

What happens when a cantankerous octogenarian finds a bag full of money? Trouble. Trouble. Trouble. That is what happens.

Plum Lucky is by bestselling author, Janet Evanovich, and is published by St. Martins Press. It stars Stephanie Plum, the lovable bail bonds enforcer, and Diesel (from the Lizzie and Diesel series), a man with magical abilities who tracks down magical objects and magical people, known as Unmentionables.

Plum Lucky is set after the e
Meredith
Mar 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Number: 9
ISBN: 9780312377632
Rating: B+

Summary www.bn.com

Looking to get lucky?

Stephanie Plum has a way of attracting danger, lunatics, oddballs, bad luck . . . and mystery men. And no one is more mysterious than the unmentionable Diesel. He’s back and hot on the trail of a little man in green pants who’s lost a giant bag of m
David Caldwell
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Plum leads an interesting life. Her friends and family tend to be a little kooky and different. Her own life is definitely not what most would consider normal. But whenever Diesel pops into her life, the weirdness meter will max out. Diesel is sort of a bounty hunter for people with unusual abilities. Diesel seems to have some of those unusual abilities himself.

This time, Diesel is hunting for a gentleman that thinks he is a leprechaun. Grandma Mazur disappears after finding a bag of m
Judy Collins
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Great read and full of laughter. You have to love these characters and Janet has plenty of imagination combined with King's great voice on audio make this a winner!

Stephanie Plum has a way of attracting danger, lunatics, oddballs, bad luck… and mystery men. And no one is more mysterious than the unmentionable Diesel. He’s back and hot on the trail of a little man in green pants who’s lost a giant bag of money. Problem is the money isn’t exactly lost. Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur has found
Jan 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I originally bought the first few Stephanie Plum books for my husband, since it's set in New Jersey, his "other home". But last week at work, I forgot a book to read for lunch and found this at the gift shop, so I thought, What the heck?

I just finished it a while ago, and I had heard good things about the Stephanie Plum series. Apparently, it's very true! I had read Evanovich's Foul Play and couldn't stop laughing, and the same can be said for Plum Lucky! Between the streaking leprechaun at the
Tiffany Hudson
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nancy
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
A fun in-between the novels read with Stephanie Plum. I was pleasantly surprised that this was so good; I'll probably read more of these holiday-themed novellas, which are the perfect length for this genre. Plus, there seems to be more character development, which is great, because I'm reading these for the characters anyway. I love the fun, perky dialogue, but every couple of "pages" (this is an audio book with a GREAT narrator) I feel like I can tell that this was written by someone who is twi ...more
The Women's Myste...: #16 Plum Lucky 1 3 Aug 09, 2013 10:56PM
Join in the discussions! 1 19 Apr 30, 2009 01:35PM
  • Foul Play
  • E is for Evidence (Kinsey Millhone, #5)
  • Some Like it Lethal (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #3)
  • The Plot Thickens (Fearless Jones, #0.5)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • Key Lime Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“Diesel is back," Ranger said.
Yes. How did you know?"
I woke up with a migraine this morning." Ranger said.”
52 likes
“Lula's borderline too much of a good thing in lots of ways. It isn't exactly that Lula is fat; it's more that she's too short for her weight and her clothes are too small for the volume of flesh she carries.” 33 likes