Team Vampire!! discussion

Books- Series > Evernight

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Evernight (Evernight, #1) by Claudia GrayEvernight

Bianca wants to escape.

She's been uprooted from her small hometown and enrolled at Evernight Academy, an eerie Gothic boarding school where the students are somehow too perfect: smart, sleek, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

Then she meets Lucas. He's not the "Evernight type" either, and he likes it that way. Lucas ignores the rules, stands up to the snobs, and warns Bianca to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him.

"I couldn't stand it if they took it out on you," he tells Bianca, "and eventually they would."

But the connection between Bianca and Lucas can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.

Stargazer (Evernight, #2) by Claudia GrayStargazer

The vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous students of all—vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas—a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when his true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school.

Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross—or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.

Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning. . . .

Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia GrayHourglass

Bestselling author Claudia Gray’s Evernight series continues. In Hourglass, Bianca and Lucas have found a way to be together. But it means lying to the people who care about them the most.

After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school, Bianca and Lucas seek refuge with Black Cross, the elite group of vampire hunters led by Lucas’s stepfather. When Bianca’s close friend—the vampire Balthazar—is captured by Black Cross, Bianca knows she has to do whatever it takes to save him. But at what cost?

Hourglass, the third book in this gripping vampire series by the author of the New York Times bestseller Stargazer, has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s books runaway successes.

message 2: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have read the first one which i really liked but i havent got around to reading the others but that could be because i cant find them in my book shop

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i have read the first one which i really liked but i havent got around to reading the others but that could be because i cant find them in my book shop"

I used to buy my books either on ebay or at Walmart, but now I buy mine on amazon. I just love amazon.

message 4: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Melissa (COOKS) | 1454 comments Mod
I haven't read them yet but they sound good.

message 5: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Mar 07, 2010 07:02PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I have preordered book 3, Hourglass on amazon yesterday. I should be receiving it on Thursday of this week as estimate delivery. I cannot wait to read it!

message 6: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

That's what I was thinking too. Has anyone read this series yet.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Melissa wrote: "That's what I was thinking too. Has anyone read this series yet."

I read the first two and will read the 3rd one when it comes out this Tuesday. They are really good in my opinion.

message 8: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Thanks Amy.

message 9: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I'm looking forward to the release of Hourglass, I like the first two. Does anyone know how many there are going to be?

message 10: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I don't sorry this is the first place I have even heard of the series.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ You're welcome Melissa

Heather wrote: "I'm looking forward to the release of Hourglass, I like the first two. Does anyone know how many there are going to be?"

I hear it is going to be a 4 book series with the 4th book being called Afterlife. It says it is coming out in 2011, but I also heard this December so I don't know the exact date.

message 12: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Ya it's hard to find the right date for releases this early.
Thanks

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Heather wrote: "Ya it's hard to find the right date for releases this early.
Thanks"

Yeah especially when the 3rd one has not even come out yet.

message 14: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) definietly, but it's out in two more days :)

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I read the first one and didn't like it, I found it a bit boring to be honest and there definitely wasn't enough action in it. But after reading the second one, I liked it, so now I'm waiting to read the third. I really want to know how Lucas and Bianca are going to stay together :)

message 16: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) I want to know that too, and I want to see what else is going to happen in the book.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I heard in the 3rd book, that it ends on a cliffhanger and I have that too many of that lately with the books I've read. The fever series by Karen Marie Moning and Fallen by Lauren Kate for example.

message 18: by Heather B (last edited Mar 08, 2010 02:01PM) (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Ya cliff hangers are really popular in series, they really suck. But I guess that's how the authors keep the people reading.

message 19: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

It makes the readers more eager so when the next book comes out instead of waiting people go out and buy on impulse. But it also makes for a good interesting writer to be able to keep peoples attention.

message 20: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments That does make sense, but I still find it really annoying, especially when we have to wait a whole year for the next book to come out.

message 21: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Oh I agree totally. I think they go a little overboard with the wait.

message 22: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) And sometimes is even more than a year.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I just got my copy of Hourglass from amazon today! UPS delivered it along with a few other books I got. Talk about really quick delivery! I don't know if I want to read Hourglass right away because I read in Claudia's blog on myspace that Hourglass truly ends in a cliffhanger and the next one won't come out til next year.

message 24: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Hat is a long time to waiy I feel like I have been waiting forever for soulmate to come out. Lol

message 25: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Amy wrote: "I just got my copy of Hourglass from amazon today! UPS delivered it along with a few other books I got. Talk about really quick delivery! I don't know if I want to read Hourglass right away because..."

Really, I'm getting sick of cliffhangers, but I do want to read Hourglass, it came out today where I live, but I don't know when I'll be able to get it.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Heather wrote: "Amy wrote: "I just got my copy of Hourglass from amazon today! UPS delivered it along with a few other books I got. Talk about really quick delivery! I don't know if I want to read Hourglass right ..."

I know, it is out today also by me as well.

message 27: by Daydreamer (new)

Daydreamer (daydreamer5) I ordered Hourglass like 2 days ago so hopefully I'll be reading it soon and I will let you guys know if it's good!

message 28: by Daydreamer (last edited Mar 10, 2010 09:38PM) (new)

Daydreamer (daydreamer5) Amy wrote: "I heard in the 3rd book, that it ends on a cliffhanger and I have that too many of that lately with the books I've read. The fever series by Karen Marie Moning and Fallen by Lauren Kate for example."

I agree!!!!! The fever series I'm like WTF, the hunger games also... I HATE CLIFFHANGERS ! But I guess I'm getting used to them. *rolls eyes*

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Melody wrote: "Amy wrote: "I heard in the 3rd book, that it ends on a cliffhanger and I have that too many of that lately with the books I've read. The fever series by Karen Marie Moning and Fallen by Lauren Kate..."

Yup, I want the last fever book to come out as well. There is so many unanswered questions.

message 30: by Eleionomae (new)

Eleionomae I've put this books in my to read list and will order them with my next order from play.com (together with 8 other books haha)

message 31: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I really enjoyed this series. I bet u will to. Let me know what u think:)

message 32: by Eleionomae (new)

Eleionomae I'm really curious about them :) in the second week of october I'm gonna order them :)

message 33: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I have read the 3 that r out and really want the 4th to hurry up so I can get it.

message 34: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I am wait for barns and noble to deliver me the new one but I'm goin to have to read the 3rd one again before I start it. But I'm ready.

message 35: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Sweet. I wish they wld hurry up. Lol