Start by marking “Stargazer (Evernight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stargazer (Evernight, #2)

Stargazer (Evernight #2)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  51,008 Ratings  ·  1,377 Reviews
The vampire in me was closer to the surface...

Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous students of all—vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas—a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when his true identity was reve
Hardcover, First Edition, 329 pages
Published March 24th 2009 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Stargazer, please sign up.

Isabella Nothing to do with New Moon, even though I love Meyer's saga for a lot of reasons, they are nothing a like. At least, in my opinion I like the second…moreNothing to do with New Moon, even though I love Meyer's saga for a lot of reasons, they are nothing a like. At least, in my opinion I like the second one more because you can actually be inside the story from start to end, which I don't think it happens in the first one, you actually know what's happening, but still has some mistery. In the first one I think that you really get the story halfway there, and out of nowhere you know what's actually happening. Go for it! It's worth reading.(less)
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
579 books — 2,428 voters
Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareAn Echo in the Bone by Diana GabaldonBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
Best Books of 2009
1,556 books — 6,881 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

YAY!! I finished anotherrrrr book. October is looking to be a great month!!! I can’t wait to review this one. Lucas is just absolutely adorable and these books are a great escape from reality. So excited to have found this series! ♥

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Sarah Mac
In a word: lame.

I've been on a roll with crap YA lately, so feel free to take my gripes with a grain of salt. But guys...THIS BOOK IS LAME. I was (reluctantly) determined to give Stargazer a chance -- not because I was wow'd by Book 1, but there was just enough that piqued my interest in how future books would unfold, despite the massive quantity of dumbness in Bianca & Lucas's story.

That dumbness was not improved.
Rather, the dumbness was planted in a sunny location, watered daily, sprinkle
Kim
Another one that scores high on my whut-meter. Seriously.

I'm guessing Bianca going on and on about The Kiss by Klimt (which I think is an ugly piece of art, but that's just my opinion) is to show that she's actually Bella Swan sophisticated and deep? Don't get me wrong, I've always loved this for example (it's totally safe guys) and I'm sure there are a lot of people who think that's a piece of crap. But I don't compare everything that happens to it, or think about it at random times. The Kiss i
Karin
Nov 07, 2008 Karin rated it it was amazing
Bianca is determined to make it through the year even though without Lucas it is going to be hard. She has made it her mission to find out why Evernight is accepting human students so Lucas can tell his superiors and his mission will be complete. Evernight is completely safe and she wants the Black Cross, a group of vampire hunters, to back off and drop their investigation.

Bianca’s vampire instincts are getting closer to the surface. She needs more and more blood to stay satisfied and her parent
Heather
Feb 12, 2009 Heather rated it liked it
Wren [t(he)y]
This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogs...

In the sequel to Evernight, Bianca has spent some time without Lucas, the boy she loves, but she is able to communicate with him through letters. However, they have to be careful not to get caught, because Bianca is a vampire and Lucas is a vampire hunter. With everybody standing in their way of being together, things seem grim for their relationship, but they've decided not to give up on each other.

Meanwhile, Bianca finds
Marcy Jo
So it seems that 2009 is "The Year of the ARC" around here. Two of the books that I was most eager to have in my grubby little hands (which both are set to release on the same day, March 24th 2009, my husband's birthday) I managed to swing ARCs of in contests held by their authors. Pretty cool, right? I thought so, too. The first book as you know because I haven't shut up about it was CITY OF GLASS by Cassandra Clare.

The second book was STARGAZER by Claudia Gray. I will preface this review by s
Joyzi
Jun 02, 2010 Joyzi rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind rip-offs
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Okay the book is great and sort of addicting and I could not put it down blah blah blah.

But why three stars?

I've given it a not so high rating because the book is not so original and rip-offs of New Moon, Vampire Knight, Harry Potter, House of Night, Vampire Academy, Uglies, City of Bones, Graceling, Hunger Games, and Dear John (why is Dear John here? o_O)

My explanation (sort of):
1. So first off, Bianca and Lucas were sort of apart from the first chapters and then they exchange these letters wh
Jessica Saylor
Apr 15, 2010 Jessica Saylor rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
REVIEW:
I have to say I didn't really enjoy Evernight when I read it in 2010. The characters were lacking, the story took a strange turn that felt fake and I didn't enjoy the plot until about halfway through the book. I was glad to see that I had none of those problems while reading Stargazer.

Stargazer does a great job helping the reader remember what happened in the first book. I read it two years ago, and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything when picking this book up because the recap w
Jeninne
Do you know what this book is? It’s a walking, talking advertisement for abstinence. But I think we can all agree that if we had a little brat like Bianca running around, we’d be the first in line to warn potential new parents off the sad, sad consequences that come with parenthood. You know, like ungrateful little wastes of space like Bianca, who are judgmental and oblivious to their own flaws and rude and overall just nasty things to be around. The kinds of kids who don’t appreciate what they ...more
Jessica
Stargazer, you had me in doubt. You had me wondering if I'd ever finish you. You made me dreading having to finish the rest of the series let alone the actual book but, fear no more! For, I indeed have finished you.

Stargazer by Claudia Gray was a lot better than the first book. The book starts out with a new year in Evernight. We go through the same seasons and days like the last book (You know, unlike other books where the whole entire book takes place only in the summer. . . .). It is a well-k
Alana Kelly
Jan 17, 2011 Alana Kelly rated it liked it
Bex
Mar 09, 2010 Bex rated it liked it
Shelves: own
This is the second book in the Evernight series. There are supposed to be four books in the series. This book was much like the first book for me. If you liked the first book you will like this one. It is beautifully written, the first part is kind of boring and nothing happens, and then the last few chapters are so packed with action it's amazing.

Bianca is returning to school after a grueling summer separated from Lucas. Upon returning to school she finds out that she is being haunted by wrait
J.D. Stroube
I don't think that this book was nearly as good as the first...However, that is mostly due to the fact that I valued the surprises "Evernight" contained...

Having said that...

The first quarter of the book was simply "okay", which is saying a lot. I went into this book expecting to be blown away! However, once I was approximately half way through the book, it began to pick up it's pace. I was appeased once I reached the ending...

I was a bit irritated that Claudia Gray didn't fully delve into the e
Kristi
I really liked Evernight. I mean I really really liked it! Loved it even! And as much as I loved Evernight– Stargazer is even better!

I don’t want to go into the plot too much and really go into what happens because a lot happens! And you’re really going to want to discover it all for yourself!

In my review of Evernight, I mentioned that I would like to learn more about Balthazar, and I was happy to see happen in this novel. The plot becomes even more complicated if you can believe that. Gray thr
Danny
May 03, 2010 Danny rated it liked it
It's hard for me to give it right amount of starts, I liked it and I badly wanted to know how it goes on. But I was so angry at Bianca all the times that I have to take away one star and give it 3 instead of 4. I really like Balthasar a lot, more than Lucas and this makes me hard to follow what happens in the book. One scene though was amazing!!

What I like is how Claudia Gray mixes in some hot and erotic scenes but still be suitable for Teens, she has a way to get the right amount. Although, su
Lucie
Mar 30, 2011 Lucie rated it really liked it
Já... ani vlastně nevím, jestli to bylo lepší nebo horší než první díl, ale rozhodně se mi celý příběh moc líbí! naprosto jsem si oblíbila Balthazara, kterému jsem přála aby byl s Biancou, ale Lucas, kterého zrovna v lásce nemám, se musí vždy motat okolo. Chudák Balty nakonec zůstal na ocet. :D
Yani
Dec 10, 2013 Yani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ojo: las estrellas pueden ser engañosas. Al libro anterior le puse también dos, pero esto es un 1.5. Y no lo reduje a 1 porque otra vez sentí que son los personajes secundarios los que llaman la atención y no la historia en sí misma.

Nunca en mi vida tuve la experiencia de toparme con un libro que fuera predecible en su totalidad. Es normal que uno arme hipótesis a partir de una pista que el autor deja en algunas situaciones, pero creo que adivinar el libro entero es una mala señal. Adicción e
~Tina~
Jan 02, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing
This was so much better then Evernight!

Stargazer continues the story of Bianca who as to find a way to survive at Evernight without Lucas. Though she's apart from him, there love is still very much alive and soon enough she plots ways to be with him again. Bianca isn't that shy, unknowing girl we read in Evernight, she's finally embracing who she is and the friendship between her and fellow Vampire, Balthazar, has made feel less alone.
Eventually the two come together and devise a plan to help e
Pen-rye-n
After reading (& severely disliking) Evernight, I probably wouldn't have bothered to read Stargazer had I not already had it ready to go. While it's still not the best thing I've ever read, it is a hell of a lot better than the first.

In addition to vampires and maybe halfbreed vampires, now we have wraiths running around Evernight Academy. And that is awesome.

Photobucket

I know we're probably not supposed to like the wraiths, but I do. I do so hard. Those things are ruthless and fun, just going around
Abbie
Nov 17, 2012 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy Stargazer more than Evernight. It had more action, and a couple of twists.

What i liked:

The ghost - The identity of the ghost that Bianca saw alot, really surprised me.
The wraiths - They were really interesting, and the twist about why they were there was really good.
The ending - It ended with a lot of action, and Bianca making a decision that could change everything.

What i didn't like:

The story takes forever to get interesting. In both books, nothing really happened until the hal
Mina
Nov 03, 2010 Mina rated it really liked it
Stargazer, is the second book to Evernight. The book wasn't as good as the first and I think that's because there was less of the Lucas and Bianca parts.

I liked how Claudia Gray got Balthazar and Claudia together. If she decided for them to stay together I don't think I would have minded. I like Balthazar and his personality definitly. He cares and loves Bianca but the sad thing is she will never feel the same way.

One thing I disliked about the book is the ghosts or shall I say 'wraiths' I prefe
Ceren Ünlü
Feb 07, 2015 Ceren Ünlü rated it really liked it
Çoğu kişi bu seriyi sevmez, kabul. Arkadaşlarımda sevmiyor... Çünkü biraz kasvetli.. okuduğunuz o distopyalar gibi romanlar arasınız biliyorum ama beni bu seriye bağlayan bir şey var. İlk kitabını da bunu da bir gün de okudum bitirdim.. Aklımı dağıtıyor, severek de okuyorum.. .3. yü de merakla bekliyorum
Kristy
Apr 27, 2010 Kristy rated it really liked it
AHHHH, that ending, seriously?!?!?!? Now I'm going to have to frantically rush out to get the 3rd book.....

This is such a good series for those of you who like the whole vampire thing... It might have a few similarities to Twilight, but all in all this feels like such an original story.
Sams
Sep 25, 2015 Sams rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
Angy
Apr 07, 2017 Angy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Había empezado esta saga por el reto got y cuando vi que este mes me pedían en el mismo reto una portada que tuviera negro y rojo no dude en retomarla con su segunda parte, ya que su primer libro me gusto mucho. No es que haya cambiado mucho la cosa ya que la historia sigue siendo tan dinámica y entretenida como su primera parte. Los personajes principales siguen siendo exactamente igual excepto un leve cambio de Bianca que no voy a contar ya que es un gran spoiler. Lucas este vez me ha puesto u ...more
Mizuki
I must confess, I failed to locate Evernight, book 1 of Miss Claudia Gray's vampire YA series, so I have to make do with reading Stargazer, book 2 of the series first. *plot spoiler warning* I also learned that the true identity of Evernight Academy's students as vampires is supposed to be a major plot twist for us, but too bad I found out who they really are by simply looking at the book introduction on the back cover of Hourglass, book 3 of the series.*end of spoiler

So to me, the major plot tw
Alina
Apr 27, 2017 Alina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Also dieser Teil war definitiv besser als der Erste. Bin jetzt ziemlich gespannt wie es weitergeht. Hab genug Fragen die beantwortet werden müssen. Aber eins Steht fest ich steh wirklich auf keine Internats Geschichten, deswegen heute mal 3 Sterne, weil dieser Teil spannender und etwas abwechslungsreicher war. 👌
Kristen
Aug 19, 2009 Kristen rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die-
Te vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one. But she has fallen in love with Lucas, a vampire hunter who infiltrated Evernight Academy, the exclusive vampire boarding school she attends. Bianca will do anything to be with Lucas, even if it means lying to the powerful vampires of Evernight.

Her deceit leads her to dig deep into the mysteries of the school, and Bianca discovers that even those she trusts the most ha
Stargames 1 5 Dec 18, 2015 03:54AM
The Nooks of Books: Stargazer 1 1 Jan 28, 2015 02:29AM
Stargazer theories 5 26 Oct 05, 2013 09:59AM
lucas or blathazar? 113 230 Jun 23, 2013 09:29AM
vampire fans!!: Stargazer 1 1 Aug 07, 2011 05:07PM
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach, #1-2)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #3)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
1192311
Claudia Gray is not my real name. I didn't choose a pseudonym because my real name is unpleasant (it isn't), because I'd always dreamed of calling myself this (I haven't) or even because I'm hiding from the remnants of that international diamond-smuggling cartel I smashed in 2003 (Interpol has taken care of them). In short, I took a pseudonym for no real reason whatsoever. Sometimes this is actual ...more
More about Claudia Gray...

Evernight (5 books)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Afterlife (Evernight, #4)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)

“How did you learn all this?"
Vic sighed. "See, while you spend all your time making out with Balthazar, and Raquel stays holed up with her art projects, and Ranulf's off studying his Norse myths again, i do something else. Something crazy. Something strange. I call it 'talking to other people.' Through this miraculous process, I am sometimes able to learn facts about two or three other human beings in a single day. Scientists plan to study my method."
~Vic”